nanostudio and garageband

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: nanostudio and garageband

Post by roymond »

jb wrote:Yeah, I don't think it's possible yet to make a good vocal recording in GarageBand on phone/pad. Closest I can get is using my iRig (actually I have an Apogee Jam), and getting up close to the mic, and then using one of the room effect but turning the reverb all the way down and moving the compression up and down. There's no EQ though, which is the real bitch.

So for now, full on productions using iPad are out of my reach. I can do an ok uke/vocal recording though, which is useful.
JB
I used the Apogee Jam and an iPad to produce my entry this week. Not only is the guitar signal awesomely clean and strong, vocals are great with a preamp like my ART TubeMP. The iRig uses an iPad's analog in, which sucks and can in no way compete with digital in via the dock port. The Jam is quite awesome!

Now, Garageband...how about a re-do button, record in score mode, and active track monitoring without recording. And EQ. Oh, and another 8 tracks ;)
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face