iCouldn't iListen but now iCan - DropBox rawks!

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

iCouldn't iListen but now iCan - DropBox rawks!

Post by roymond »

So, maybe I'm in a time warp and everyone will be all "catch up with reality, roymond" but fight songs are transient things to listen to, so the effort to get them on my iDevice isn't really worth it. Fortunately I can simply drag them on my Android phone and skip away humming...via the crappiest fucking apps in the world! So, with my new iPad in hand I searched for new brilliant methods to download mp3s for off-line listening joy. And there it was, sitting right in front of me...DropBox!

At any computer in the house or at work download the week's songs to my DropBox sync folder (via down-them-all), then favorite them in the iPad app, and they're all there for offline listening joy. At the end of the week, delete the suckers and flash...all cleaned up and ready for the next batch. Works with the Android crap-phone, too, of course.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Re: iCouldn't iListen but now iCan - DropBox rawks!

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

But my app! It's being reviewed by Apple!
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

Nur Ein Archives | The New Ugly Podcast
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I was going to mention that and the Jukebox but it sounds like Roymond wants offline access to the songs. Does your app locally cache the current fight's songs?
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

And I also figured out that the Atomic browser on iPad will download files into cache, then upload them to DropBox :) a bit of a kluge, but now I can grab songs off the web via iPad and load (indirectly) my iPad, which is sort of cool, for a walled garden.

But yeah, your app, MG, if it can persist a cache of songs would be great.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

Lunkhead wrote:Does your app locally cache the current fight's songs?
Version 2.0 will. I'm only one hobbyist coder. :)
If I had a dollar for every one of my songs j$ has called a 90s pastiche, I'd have $1 for every song I've written.

Nur Ein Archives | The New Ugly Podcast