iPod help

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

iPod help

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I bought a second ipod to put my music on. Old 4-track stuff, digital era, SongFight! stuff, collabs, other bands I was in, etc., etc., etc.. Thousands of songs, jams and whatnots, all my 'homemade' stuff. Now. What I want to do is use the new pod for this stuff exclusivey. My fear is that I am going to hitch it up to my computer, and iTunes will start pumping it full of the 15,000+ songs that I have on the other pod. I want to keep them seperate. Is this easy to do? I'm sure it must be possible, but can't quite see how. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm sure some of you more literate computer folks could point a dumb feller in the right direction. Ideas?
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Re: iPod help

Post by ken »

Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Re: iPod help

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Ha! That should offer me some good help, I reckon. Thanks Ken. You are, as always, very helpful. :)
Bringin' the stink since 2006.