EZ Drummer

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Tubba Gutz
Aquacadet
Instruments: Sequencer, Laptop
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Tubba Gutz, Roach Bites

EZ Drummer

Post by Tubba Gutz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 am

Getting a drummer or a place to even record drums half-decently is the bane of my existence as a bedroom lo-fi lo-budget musician. Has anyone used EZ Drummer? I'm specifically interested in the Drumkit From Hell expansion because Agoraphobic Nosebleed uses it extensively as well as Brendon Small for the Metalocalypse music and it sounds pretty great considering. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it, as it's kind of pricey, and how it works. Is it a sequencer or do you trigger the samples using the keyboard?
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: EZ Drummer

Post by Caravan Ray » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm

That looks pretty good.

Maybe that is the answer to my drumming problems too?

Anyone used it?
Manhattan Glutton
Team Drizzy
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Post by Manhattan Glutton » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I used it for a while. Good results. I don't recall being a fan of the DFH addon though - the sounds weren't to my liking.
Caravan Ray
Dingleberry
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 pm

What do you use for drums MG?
Generic
Numanoid
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass
Recording Method: Cubase 5AI, Cubase 6
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Hunky

Post by Generic » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 am

Tubba Gutz wrote:Getting a drummer or a place to even record drums half-decently is the bane of my existence as a bedroom lo-fi lo-budget musician. Has anyone used EZ Drummer? I'm specifically interested in the Drumkit From Hell expansion because Agoraphobic Nosebleed uses it extensively as well as Brendon Small for the Metalocalypse music and it sounds pretty great considering. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it, as it's kind of pricey, and how it works. Is it a sequencer or do you trigger the samples using the keyboard?
I use EZDrummer's older sibling SuperiorDrummer. I find you get out what you put in. The more time I spend on getting my drum tracks right, the better they sound. This one piece of software doesn't automagically make you sound more professional, but it will give you the tools you need to achieve that sound if you're willing to put in the effort.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Jon Eric - Get your feel on.
Website powered by Spud's Amazing Website Machine.

Circle of Titles!!!!!!
Sober
Team Drizzy
Instruments: Hammond, guitar, bass
Recording Method: Pro Tools 12.5, NI Komplete Ultimate 10

Post by Sober » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 am

Been using EZ/Superior for a while. The kit sounds great, and there's plenty of control options. I trigger through a keyboard, but you could ostensibly point and click, or start with their not-bad pre-made loops.
Propaganda artist.