EZ Drummer

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Tubba Gutz
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Sequencer, Laptop
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Tubba Gutz, Roach Bites

EZ Drummer

Post by Tubba Gutz »

Getting a drummer or a place to even record drums half-decently is the bane of my existence as a bedroom lo-fi lo-budget musician. Has anyone used EZ Drummer? I'm specifically interested in the Drumkit From Hell expansion because Agoraphobic Nosebleed uses it extensively as well as Brendon Small for the Metalocalypse music and it sounds pretty great considering. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it, as it's kind of pricey, and how it works. Is it a sequencer or do you trigger the samples using the keyboard?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Re: EZ Drummer

Post by Caravan Ray »

That looks pretty good.

Maybe that is the answer to my drumming problems too?

Anyone used it?
Manhattan Glutton
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Angst
Recording Method: REAPER

Post by Manhattan Glutton »

I used it for a while. Good results. I don't recall being a fan of the DFH addon though - the sounds weren't to my liking.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

What do you use for drums MG?
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Tubba Gutz wrote:Getting a drummer or a place to even record drums half-decently is the bane of my existence as a bedroom lo-fi lo-budget musician. Has anyone used EZ Drummer? I'm specifically interested in the Drumkit From Hell expansion because Agoraphobic Nosebleed uses it extensively as well as Brendon Small for the Metalocalypse music and it sounds pretty great considering. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it, as it's kind of pricey, and how it works. Is it a sequencer or do you trigger the samples using the keyboard?
I use EZDrummer's older sibling SuperiorDrummer. I find you get out what you put in. The more time I spend on getting my drum tracks right, the better they sound. This one piece of software doesn't automagically make you sound more professional, but it will give you the tools you need to achieve that sound if you're willing to put in the effort.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

Been using EZ/Superior for a while. The kit sounds great, and there's plenty of control options. I trigger through a keyboard, but you could ostensibly point and click, or start with their not-bad pre-made loops.
🤠