432 Hz

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

432 Hz

Post by Caravan Ray »

A bloke at the pub the other night told me that if I tune A on my guitar to 432 Hz - I will be in tune with the resonance of nature.

Not sure if either of us were particularly in tune to anything by that point of the night - but I was curious.

THere are lots of websites:

Tune yourself to the heartbeat of our planet
To understand the healing power behind 432Hz, you must first learn about another frequency, 8Hz. It is said that 8Hz is the fundamental “beat” of the planet. The heartbeat of the Earth is better known as Schumann resonance and is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann, who documented it mathematically in 1952.

Listening to 432Hz music resonates inside your body, releases emotional blockages, and expands consciousness. 432Hz music allows you to tune into the knowledge of the universe around us in a more intuitive way.

http://attunedvibrations.com/432hz-healing/

http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... -to-432hz/

While it all sounds like complete crap - I have forgotten enough high school and university physics to think that it at least sounds slightly more plausible than astrology or homeopathy.

So - I tuned my guitar to 432Hz - and it sounded…slightly lower.

My emotional blockages remained well and truly blocked, and my consciousness remained as narrow as ever.

Anyone tried this? Or have any opinion either way? I remain open to be convinced - but I can't see it yet.

As far as I can see - all it will do is piss off all the harmonica players who play on stage with me.
user
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: gaming
Recording Method: Microsoft Word
Pronouns: she/him

Re: 432 Hz

Post by user »

No no no, you tune UP by half of 8Hz, up to 444Hz which is 66.6...% of 666Hz, the chakral resonance of the 43rd gonad. This is PROVEN BY SCIENCE.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

user wrote:No no no, you tune UP by half of 8Hz, up to 444Hz which is 66.6...% of 666Hz, the chakral resonance of the 43rd gonad. This is PROVEN BY SCIENCE.
Obviously I would tune up to 666Hz when I play Satan's music. I thought that was a given.
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

Caravan Ray wrote:Anyone tried this? Or have any opinion either way?
My opinion about Schumann frequencies and many other things can be summarized like so: I believe in the power of believing.
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Post by RangerDenni »

My natural singing voice wants to sing at around 435. I would like to vindicate myself and say this is because I have the Vocals of a Goddess. But I think that this is more just because I have work to do to school my vocals into submission and get them to Behave and sing on the frequency that they are told to sing on.

But perhaps there is something to this thinking of a holy frequency. Because I want to slide flat into ... something. It makes me feel like I'm in a nicer place. Laziness, or THE DIVINE ..? Who knows?
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
user
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: gaming
Recording Method: Microsoft Word
Pronouns: she/him

Post by user »

I just have to point out that the Schumann resonances, plural, are electromagnetic frequencies, not audio. So if anyone is going to be touching the divine with them, they're a lot more likely to be visual artists than musicians.

All physical bodies do have a natural vibrational frequency at which they hit a peak resonance (this goes for light, sound, and whatever else vibrates through stuff)--like that certain speed on the interstate where your car shakes more than usual. So the thing to do would be to discover the natural audio frequency of your instruments, and/or your listeners' speakers/headphones, and/or your listeners' brains/bodies. Instead of whipping out the calculator, I'd just play it by ear.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Oh man this is one of my favorite conspiracy theories out there. I've seen a lot of crazy-ass websites out there (as opposed to crazy ass-websites) which are predicated on the belief that the 440Hz standard tuning is the fault of Nazis or the like. And some of them seem to think that it has something to do with fluoride in the water and/or the Illuminati, so that's how you KNOW they're onto something. Or at least on something.

Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Mostess »

Isn't this just an elaborate joke that the Earth is flat?
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell