studio one

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
hillbilly

studio one

Post by hillbilly »

just bought the PreSonus Audiobox USB box, came with Studio One recording software, seems to have a lot to offer that I don't understand or can't get to work. Are you supposed to have a midi controller keyboard to make this program work with the drum and organ effects? Any one else use this program? USB box is clean, happy with it, and works with my other programs like audacity and cake. I prefer just to plug and play this is a more complicated ball game. Any short cuts? This box and cumming into my lap top usb rather than soundcard improved record sound a lot.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: studio one

Post by fluffy »

I haven't used Studio One, but it's pretty much universally-true that for MIDI instrument control you will need a MIDI controller. Some music apps have a "musical typing" mode where you can enable the use of your computer keyboard for note entry, though, and you can also paint/draw note events with the mouse, but none of those are nearly as useful as just playing a MIDI-based simulation of the real thing.

If you just want to record your usual G&G stuff you don't need anything special though. It should support keyboard/drum/etc. loops (which you can get from a lot of places) just fine.
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

fluff you have known me long time, check out improved sound sample
sample.mp3
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
don't you think cleaner.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Yep, sounds great! Welcome to the world of real recording hardware. :)
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

addicted love this gear, this audiobox usb is the shit. So simple but such an improvement. that's about all I have to say is cheers to the presonus usb box.