New Music Friday - 10/19/18

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

New Music Friday - 10/19/18

Post by ken »

Here's what new music I've listened to today:

the Beatles, three versions of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Always interesting to hear how Beatles songs are in flux while they are recording. Lyrics change, arrangements change. I'm not even sure the final version is the best. Very interesting.

Peter, Bjorn, and John, Darker Days - When I first heard Young Folks, I went to Amoeba Records to ask about the album and everyone there thought I was making up some crazy band name. These guys have been making interesting pop for years, and this album does not disappoint.

Empress Of, Us - Kind of a mellow pop album. I just tried this because I have heard the band name before. Not really my thing, but not bad either. Reminds me a bit of a less interesting Imogen Heap.

Neneh Cherry, Broken Politics - There's no Buffalo Stance on this record, but I think Neneh Cherry has a lot to say. Kind of mellow at times, but also some interesting tracks.

Papercuts, Parallel Universe Blues - Jangly and introspective.

Will Oldham, Songs of Love and Horror - Quiet and folky.

Cloud Nothings, Last Building Burning - Finally some rock and roll. This band has good energy and harmonies!
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang