Big Data - 3.0

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Big Data - 3.0

Post by grumpymike »

You may know Big Data from the hit song “Dangerous” off the album 2.0. You definitely have heard it somewhere at some point.

Well, 3.0 came out recently. It’s really very good. It took me a ridiculous amount of listens to realize it’s a concept album and none of the songs mean what they initially seem.

Folks, this is the finest album I’ve enjoyed in a while. He’s kind of sounds like poppy Brad Sucks at points, with platinum production, and featured vocalists. All the songs have a dance/pop/disco/funk/techno feel. A+++, would buy again.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Big Data - 3.0

Post by Lunkhead »

I'm not usually the "listen to the same song over and over again" type of person. Usually that drives me crazy when people do that. But I must have listened to "Dangerous" about 100 times in a row on multiple occasions (and the video cracks me up). It's just so super hooky, and instead of it being annoying to me like most super hooky pop songs, it just really works for me. I don't know what it is. I liked the rest of the album but not as much. Anyway, this is exciting to know about, I'm definitely going to check it out. I would love to figure out how to make music like that. I was thinking of that song Dangerous a lot when making the electronic songs for Merisan for Nur Ein a couple years ago but I don't think I wound up incorporating much of it into anything we did. I'd like to try to do that though!

Also this is cool but maybe would have been good in the New Music Friday thread for today? :P

https://www.songfight.net/forums/viewto ... =7&t=11600
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove

Post by grumpymike »

Yeah that Dangerous song, how does that even work?

His new songs aren’t quite as catchy in the same way, but they’re definitely earworms after some listens.

It would have been appropriate for new music back in August. This is just what I’m currently digging. Ugh, forum police. :p
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

grumpymike wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:48 am
It would have been appropriate for new music back in August. This is just what I’m currently digging. Ugh, forum police. :p
Haha. Just messing with you. It came out in August?! I had no idea. Keeping up with new music is annoying.
irwin
Mean Street
Instruments: insecurity
Recording Method: scotch
Submitting as: suckweasel, kasper, nutwalls

Post by irwin »

grumpymike wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:04 pm
You may know Big Data from the hit song “Dangerous” off the album 2.0. You definitely have heard it somewhere at some point.
Wow, I live under a rock. Had heard the song, but somehow missed out on the video. That is great. All it needs is a third level of footage of the pitch meeting where they pitch a video about a pitch meeting...
"Ouch. I wonder if this guy sounds like this when he speaks." -- Puce
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

irwin wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:57 am
grumpymike wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:04 pm
Wow, I live under a rock. Had heard the song, but somehow missed out on the video. That is great. All it needs is a third level of footage of the pitch meeting where they pitch a video about a pitch meeting...
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove

Post by grumpymike »

This is going to be useless and pedantic, but speaking of "Dangerous", does anyone feel like the bass is pushing the beat at some points? I'm mostly curious if it's just me.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Not just you, I also hear that, or think I do. Although maybe actually is it that the drums are behind the beat ... ?
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

Yeah after seeing the first 10 secs of the video, I know why everyone loves them... I mean it.
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D