New Music Friday - 10/25/19

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

New Music Friday - 10/25/19

Post by ujnhunter »

Really enjoyed Alcest's new album "Spiritual Instinct", it's everything that I had wanted out of the new Tool album from a couple months ago... that's the only way I could describe what I felt while listening to it... "Man, this is what I wanted to feel from waiting 13 years for a new Tool album..." don't get me wrong, this album doesn't sound like Tool... but it sounds super exciting to me for some reason. Give it a spin. Also while not new or released on 10/25/2019, Amazon decided to add it to the Auto-Rip collection, which means since I bought the record when it came out, I now get the digital versions... Smashing Pumpkins, Shiny and Bright as Nirvana... or whatever it's called. Not bad... I enjoyed it... but have the Smashing Pumpkins always sounded like Nirvana? I guess they could both be considered Grunge/Alternative and came out around the same timeline... but a bunch of these songs made me think of Nirvana straight up... which felt kind of weird. I know Courtney Love dated Billy Corgan before Kurt... but this felt strange. Also if you like Doom/Sludge check out my boys Chained to the Bottom of the Ocean's latest release... "Tell Me What You See Vanishing and I Will Tell You Who You Are" which is a 3 track EP featuring a cover of a Death Cab for Cutie song which is the complete opposite of a Death Cab for Cutie song... fair warning... if you don't like "HEAVY" music... you won't like this release... but hey, try something new for a change! Enjoy!
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.