New Music Friday - 2020-04-10

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

New Music Friday - 2020-04-10

Post by Lunkhead »

What are y'all listening to today? I'm checking out "The New Abnormal" by The Strokes. It's giving me some late disco rock, new wave, etc. vibes, some The Smiths moments, some Billy Idol moments, maybe a little Pink Floyd vibe too at points. I didn't know their singer could sing falsetto, maybe he did that before but I just don't remember it. Anyway, I'm enjoying it.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/the-stro ... Kzkmcj59VK
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Re: New Music Friday - 2020-04-10

Post by crumpart »

It's not technically a new release this week, but this morning NPR put up this Tiny Desk with Jesca Hoop that I've already listened to a few times today. The first song is older, but one of my favourites, and the second two are from her latest album. She's super great, and I highly recommend seeing her live if you have the opportunity in the future.

Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Oh cool! I don't think I'd seen that. We found out about her from her collaboration with Iron & Wine which we loved (we used some music from that for our wedding ceremony even). We were lucky enough to see them touring that, then we saw her again on her own. She's great!
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

It came out last week, but Ringo Deathstarr has a new album out. It's a bit more dream pop influenced than most of their prior albums - while it's still undeniably a shoegaze album, it's way more Lush than MBV.

"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Heh, cool. I saw Ringo Deathstarr open up for Peter Murphy here like 6 years back. Good stuff! Not sure what came out this week, but last week I got the new (*ahem* latest) Testament record which is pretty rad as their last few releases have been pretty good. Conundrum from Hallas is good as well and if you can handle the heaviness the latest album by The Wake, Devouring Ruin is probably a masterpiece.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.