Mr. Bungle - USA

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Mr. Bungle - USA

Post by Lunkhead »

https://mrbungle.bandcamp.com/
Mr. Bungle roar back with their first recorded music since 1999, releasing a blistering cover of The Exploited’s politically-charged anthem, “USA”

100% of the proceeds from this track will go to MusiCares Covid-19 Relief Fund through July 4th: www.grammy.com/musicares/get-help/music ... elief-fund
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Re: Mr. Bungle - USA

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

Whoa, Bungle's back???

It's funny, I got to listening to Disco Volante and California again after Poppy's album "I Disagree" reminded me really heavily of the latter in some places (particularly the first track).

Woohoo!
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

They played a few gigs before the pandemic, two nights each in SF, LA, and NYC, and I managed to get a nosebleed seat to one of the SF gigs. They only played their high school thrash metal cassette though, nothing from any of their major label albums. But they had Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo in the band for the show too, like on this track. It was cool to see them, it's like seeing a unicorn, but, on the other hand, I can only listen to so much of that kind of music anymore before it all starts to sound the same and maybe even give me a headache. :lol:
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

It's weird checking out YouTube clips of their..."recent" material. Since, well, for one it's new clips of Mr. Bungle. Only they don't sound like the Mr. Bungle I think of, because they're playing mostly just songs from the mid 80's before they actually became noteworthy for being the weirdo experimentalists that they were. Or...are? I don't even know. I checked out some of the material from that tape and I mean "Hypocrites" definitely sounds like something they would get up to later. To me it'd be like going to see Deftones only to have them play Like Linus in full instead: it's neat as a "look where we started!" type of deal, but why bother returning to it because it's not really the essence of the band or even that good.

At least the new Poppy album scratches my itch for crazy Mr Bungle genre hopping vibes (seriously, check out Concrete. Her popularity may end up resulting in renewed interest in Mr Bungle because it might as well be a California outtake)
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.