Most Accurately Rated Bands Ever

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Most Accurately Rated Bands Ever

Post by mkilly »

From Spin. I like this bit about Van Halen: They recorded the most average song in rock history: “And the Cradle Will Rock.” What this means is that any song better than “And the Cradle Will Rock” is good, and any song worse than “And the Cradle Will Rock” is bad. If we were to rank every rock song (in sequential order) from best to worst, “And the Cradle Will Rock” would be right in the fucking middle.
Last edited by mkilly on Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Re: Most Accurately Rated Bands Ever

Post by Leaf »

From Spin.

I think I fixed your link..... and thanks for the great link!!
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Good article.

Like the Van Halen 'average song' ranking. That method was used many years ago by 2 Aust. sport commentators - Roy & H.G - to judge Rugby League players. They developed the "Kevin Hardwick Scale" - based on their assertion that Kevin Hardwick (a Balmain Tigers second-rower from the early 80's) was the most average player ever to pull on a boot. Henceforth, all subsequent players could be judged as say, 0.4 Kevins, or 2.3 Kevins etc.

Perhaps all sonfight reviewers should use the "Cradle Will Rock Index". Personally, I'm giving myself a CWRI of 5.3 this week!