fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: LittleBigPlanet

Post by fluffy »

Yeah. At this point there's WAY more UGC than what came with the game.

Also, I love that most of the single-player levels can be played co-op.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Unsurprising, but I mean, seriously, did people think this wouldn't happen when they used pictures of Batman and the like?

The point to LBP is to create new stuff, not to adapt existing stuff to a new medium. Sony is liable for any copyright infringement they allow to continue, and if they didn't take steps up front, they'd end up having to deal with dozens of lawsuits from DC, Nintendo, etc. when those companies discover that there are a bunch of infringing levels.

I've noticed a pretty good correlation between quality of "ports" and the creators understanding this and making it different/distinct enough that there's no grounds for a copyright claim (for example, calling things "world 1-3" instead of "Super Mario Bros," or "Libidius" instead of "Gradius," and making all-new art in either case).

And, historically, the ESRB has been pretty adamant about re-rating games M or even AO if they discover that it's heavily-modded to include mature/adult content. Ideally each level would just get its own ESRB rating (and separate parental controls) but that is one hell of a management nightmare. Meanwhile, many of my coworkers love to play the game along with their very young children, and they're always concerned about coming across things which aren't, you know, appropriate for them.

Every online community needs some level of policing appropriate to their intended audience. LBP Is an online community intended towards all ages.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

where can I download the penis level? anyone? please? ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

You can make your own penis levels and invite your friends to play them as much as you want. Just don't try to publish it.
No Horse Town
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: programming, guitar, vox
Recording Method: GuitarPro 5, Audacity
Submitting as: No Horse Town

Post by No Horse Town »

I know the hype has died down a bit, but not for me. For what it's worth, I just wanna say "this game is freakin' awrsome and revolutionary". If you're not hurting for money, in my opinion this is worth buying a PS3. Best game to come out on any platform in a LONG time, in terms of pure fun and whimsy and oh man, the make-your-own-level stuff is so grand and powerful, yet blissfully simple to use.
There's a place where a total stranger will give you their blood...