BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

hey ya'll... brand spankin' new

Post by BBABM »

hey, my name is alex.
i post as "bad boys at bat mitzvahs". i'm from the lovely town of Charlottesville, Va and have been playing music for appx. 24 years. what is there to really say about myself other than I take not taking things seriously very seriously. My music as BBABM is usually pretty dark, influenced a lot by punk rock. I don't believe in extremely complicated arrangements, or overly technical chord progressions, and try to abide by the rule of K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid.) my lyrics are usually influenced by past bad relationships (of which i've had more than enough) and building of complex images, rather than telling of stories. the point is almost to give a snapshot of a situation, bringing the listener in, and making them feel the emotions at that moment, rather than explaining what is happening.
my recording method is almost primitively easy, and uncomplicated. I use fruity loops to sample and create drum loops, then in m-audio session I lay guitar, vocal, and backing tracks. using this extremely streamlined method, i can produce a surprisingly good quality of recorded work. i usually do a lot of work with sampling and looping multiple guitar licks, while trying my damnedest to sing on key, and perhaps come up with a cool sounding vocal harmony. it is all very off the cuff, unprofessional, and in my opinion (even though it's acoustic music) to the core of what punk is about. if you like what you hear you can check out some of my other stuff on my facebook page. i dont have a real website.
in the time i'm not spending making music, i pay the bills by working as a waiter. i love watching tv, movies, sports, and concerts. in the winter i'm an avid snowboarder. and i really really look forward to creating a whole f-load of new music and sharing it with everyone here, and i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy making it...
holler
Who_Izzy
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Vocals, loop pedal
Recording Method: Mixcraft 4.5
Submitting as: MC Who Izzy

Re: hey ya'll... brand spankin' new

Post by Who_Izzy »

I welcome you to this mysterious place called songfight!
"I just play music that feels good so that when I listen to it, I feel good" ~BLT 2011

"No-I'm not sure. But I meant to. I'm voting for it now." ~Caravan Ray 2011
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

welcome, please be awesome!

charlottesville... ever go to horton vineyards? they had a lot of nice wines there.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
BBABM
Mean Street
Instruments: Guitar, Voice, drums
Recording Method: Session, fruity loops
Submitting as: Bad Boys at Bat Mitzvahs, Fitzroy

Post by BBABM »

haven't been to that one specifically, but there are a lot of great wineries here
joshmillard
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, piano, banjo, ukulele, drums, vox
Recording Method: Garageband, FourTrack for the iPhone
Submitting as: Josh Millard

Post by joshmillard »

Welcome! I'm a whole week older than you, so I think I get to sell you an elevator pass or something.

And we are all of us trying our damnedest to sing on key.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Grrrrrr. Too. Much. Love. Urge to kill, rising...
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy