Hoglen & Wages are ready to make an album!

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Hoglen & Wages are ready to make an album!

Post by wages »

I know it's been a long while since I/we've participated on SongFight, and I've missed it (I keep checking what titles are posted, but never have enough time to devote to a decent enough recording to submit anything). I became distracted just over a year ago when I bought 30 acres & a new home, so I got a few new responsibilities. ;) Some of you may remember when I had to sell my music/movie poster collection to raise the money to make that change. I've also increasingly gotten more into homebrewing leading towards a goal of opening a brewery in a couple of years. On any given Sunday, you will find me over a 15 gallon kettle brewing up something tasty!

But during the time I've been lurking, Hoglen & Wages were still able to get together virtually every Monday night, and we've ultimately written 30 songs in the 18+ months we've been jamming together. We've also performed together 3 times and each performance has gotten increasingly longer and better.

Now we're ready to professionally record our debut album, "Together, Alone", with our good friend Dan Chilton (by way of his Mobile Force Recording studio). He helped us put together a video compiled from footage of our last recording session along with a new song - "Don't Miss Your Chance" - we wrote specifically for our Kickstarter campaign (a site that helps you raise funds for creative projects while offering rewards to the backers who pledge any level of support). This won't be like the recordings you've heard me/us submit before! But don't take my word for it! Check out the video yourself on the official Kickstarter page

And guess what? Four of the songs appearing on the album are from SongFight and Nur Ein! Those songs are:
Pedal's Broke (aka When Did You Know on SF)
Dirt Nap
Stranded (from Nur Ein V, but this is the official mastered album version)

We've got two other songs officially recorded as well:
The Haitian (a HEROES reference!)
Color Blind (the first song we wrote together)

Spanish Lessons (additionally from Nur Ein V, this song will appear on the bonus CD, likely along with other SF songs; sorry no link at this time)

Please wish us luck in getting this to come together, and of course, if you want to be a part of it, check out the Kickstarter page to see if there's any level of support/reward you wish to give/receive.

Also, graphic artists - I know there are a ton of very talented artists on SF - be sure to check out the contest we've got going to design the album cover as well as our first t-shirt & poster. There's a whole public event page on Facebook for that (you do not have to have a FB account to participate), so if you want to send us some artwork and have a chance to win stuff, check that out.

Peace, Beers, and Tunes!
Hoglen & Wages
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more
wages
Panama
Instruments: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Recording Method: Zoom h4n, Audacity
Submitting as: Wages

Re: Hoglen & Wages are ready to make an album!

Post by wages »

UPDATE: One week in and we're off to a good start with four backers. Now that everyone's favorite pagan holiday is over, we're stepping up our efforts to get our album made. Flyers go up in West Plains MO this week!
Wages - Hoglen & Wages - The Affirmative Mention - Gawking Urethras - The EAF - and more