Awesome Death Saturday

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Awesome Death Saturday

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Hey Friends!!
I never remember to post our gigs on SF even though it would be so rad if an austin area songfighter came out to see us and say hello. So if anyone's ever been interested in seeing the theremin slaying in person, come to an Awesome Death show! Our next one is this Saturday 2/18/12 at The Red Eyed Fly, which is a really fun place to see a show if you haven't been. We go on at 12:30, all ages doors at 8pm 5 bucks, 8 for minors, and all the bands that are playing are pretty dang fun and pretty dang loud, too.
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: vocals, piano, drums, bit o’gitfiddle, other noisy stuff
Recording Method: cubase, pianoteq, desperation.
Submitting as: a mysterious presence of quiet silence and apology reverb
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Re: Awesome Death Saturday

Post by RangerDenni »

Geoff WreckdoM wrote:Hey Friends!!
I never remember to post our gigs on SF even though it would be so rad if an austin area songfighter came out to see us and say hello. So if anyone's ever been interested in seeing the theremin slaying in person, come to an Awesome Death show! Our next one is this Saturday 2/18/12 at The Red Eyed Fly, which is a really fun place to see a show if you haven't been. We go on at 12:30, all ages doors at 8pm 5 bucks, 8 for minors, and all the bands that are playing are pretty dang fun and pretty dang loud, too.
Cool! I played indoors there some acoustic a couple times LOOOOONNNNGG ago... and my brother plays there sometimes. I think I'm gonna go :) Yay!!!

Den
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

AAAAh that would be so cool! Also I forgot to post info about the venue
715 Red River Street
www.redeyedfly.com
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man

Post by RangerDenni »

I am so sorry I did not make your show tonight. I hope you are having a good time and rocking out. I am home terribly ill and not doing well so going out was not an option.

I do hope you play out again soon because I would very Muchly like to see a show and was so looking forward to attending this one. Shoot!

Next Timesly,
Den
"Really interesting how the point you’re making slowly emerges like Martin Sheen from the mud in Apocalypse Now..." ~j$
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

No Worries! This show actually turned out to be bizarrely fraught with issues. It was weird, and all on our end, too, the club's sound was, as always, perfect. We, on the other hand, well, it's a small miracle things didn't totally fall apart several times, It was not our best show. We have a show back at the Fly on Monday the 12th at 9pm, at which time we will redeem ourselves, and then sometime during the day on Sunday the 18th at Trophy's as part of Whoopsy Magazine's annual weekend long bash, which is always A LOT of fun.
RangerDenni
Ice Cream Man

Post by RangerDenni »

Next time then! Yay! :)