Helps Develop Breasts in Adult Males (Truth About Aspartame)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone, Triangle
Recording Method: "The Golden Age of Cakewalk"
Submitting as: Bolio
Pronouns: he/him

Helps Develop Breasts in Adult Males (Truth About Aspartame)

Post by Bolio »

Don't look at me, I'm just the bearer of the bad news :!:
Last edited by Bolio on Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not know karate, but I know KA-RAZY! -James Brown |Bolio on SoundCloud
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

So, like, how much are we going to penalize those who mispronounce "aspartame"? I ask, since I hadda go back and re-do all my vocal tracks after discovering that it's "ASS-per-tame," not "ass-PART-uh-MEE," which seems to be at least one person's interpretation of the title this week...

Charles (Art is my middle name!)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

I'd rather have my ass part of me than...

Thanks KA, good chuckle to start the day! (Nice lyrics, btw. Strong.)
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Freudian Slip
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Freudian Slip »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:I'd rather have my ass part of me than...

Thanks KA, good chuckle to start the day! (Nice lyrics, btw. Strong.)
I second that emotion :lol:
And, in a near valiant effort to determine whether Blue was to become the Song Fight equivalent of Kenny, I very nearly threw my hat in the ring... but alas, Monday waits for no one.
But hey, never know-- I could always review(or something rather like it) Looking forward to hearing the various interpretations and pronunciations of this title 8)
To Do Is To Be. --Socrates
To Be Is To Do. --Plato
DoBeDoBe, DoBeDo --Sinatra
I could 'see' you-- humming away (a few pill bottles on the sideboard)...But it just didn’t measure up to the insanity that is Freudian Slip...
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Bolio »

king_arthur wrote:So, like, how much are we going to penalize those who mispronounce "aspartame"?
I pronounced it right (not that I sang it well.)

& Remember, Bloody Hams won a songfight with an odd pronunciation of "Gift for purCHESS."
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Bolio »

Of course I can't spell it, subjects been edited :!:
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Any 'mispronunciations' on my part are in fact the English way of saying Aspartame. *ahem*

j$
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

Bolio wrote:Helps Develop Breasts in Adult Males
Or, go the chemical-free route. (Note: that page features man-boobs, and the phrase "quietly sneak into your sister's or mom's room and steal a bra.")
PipeFist
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by PipeFist »

Man, I wanted to enter this fight. I was going to do it like Wesley Willis. If you know who that is, you know how great that could've been.

15-16 Puzzle - I like your They Might Be Giants sounding stuff. This is a good track.

Allegory - This is a really bad rap, man. It sounds like you're just improvising. Badly.

Antsinvisible - Sounds sorta like a Pink Floyd song. But it is also very boring.

BeWells - Heh, I like the soda opening. Very clear sounding mix. The vocals are very crisp, and I like the female singing. Ooh, nice harmonies. Very appropriately placed. I keep wanting the song to break out, though. Sounds like something my sister definitely would like. The laughing is weird. I don't like it, maybe because it makes me think of those stupid Dr. Pepper commercials where the lady feels the bubbles tickling her nose and starts laughing.

Bolio - Hip hop, eh? Not very enjoyable, though. I had to skip it.

Consume - Adam Sandler? Well, not funny enough to be him, really. Also, this is very repetitive.

Def Author - Oooh, another Def Author one. This is much better rap. And I agree, sugar is better. But without the Duck Hunt stuff to hook me, it does not hold my interest.

Eight Legged Oedipus - This one makes me think of Radiohead, sometimes. But it is unfortunately a little boring.

Johnny Cashpoint - Heh, you're so English. I like the OOooh's. This would be good to listen to while under the influence.

King Arthur - Hey, this is great. I really like this kind of beat. Really, this kind of music greatly appeals to me. I might very well vote for this.

Manhattan Glutton - You sing too nasally and quiet. And I know this is because of your equipment, probably, but this is waaaaaay too treble-y. Bring out some more bass somehow. There must be a way for you to do it. This could be pretty good with some rockin' drums and bass.

Mellified Man - I like the guitar, but the vocals aren't doing it for me.

Rabid Garfunkel - Man, you're right, candy IS fun. This is somewhat entertaining.

Ratt Poison - I hate this.

Wreckdom - Awesome. Wreckdom, you never let me down. Mostly. Mmmm.....syruppy evolution....

Zombie Sneak Attack - Can zombies really sneak up on anyone? Though this IS a pretty sneaky track.... I didn't expect it to start being crappy. And also not really mention Aspartame.... I liked the beginning, though... What is the truth? It is not found here.

Well, I dunno who I'm gonna vote for. There are a couple good tracks hidden in all of this. I might give it to King Arthur, though.
MouthReliant
A New Player

Post by MouthReliant »

I'm in this thing! I just sent it in. I also have it on my website; here is a link.

Mouth Reliant - The Truth About Aspartame.

And yes, the "mispronunciation" is on purpose.

http://www.norcaltv.com/es/Music/Mouth% ... artame.mp3
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Yo, Bolio, your track came up in the elimintaion rotation and Morbid & I broke into spontaneous dancing on those orchestra hits. It's really kind of embarrassing, but that's the night shift for you.

Reviews to come, listening in mono doesn't do it justice. Mono favorite so far: KA
MouthReliant
A New Player

Post by MouthReliant »

15-16 Puzzle - Very They Might Be Giants. I do not like TMBG. Vocals...it's like Phil from Accounting all rockin' the mic in such a fashion as he thinks it's worth something. Competent. 5/10

Allegory - I think I can beat this. 1/10

Ants(invisible) - Sounds like something Sting could do. It's sort of like thinking about the '60's for a very brief moment. 6.5/10

The BeWells - It's a decent song, but having friends who are singer/songwriter types, I hear a hell of a lot of singer/songwriter type stuff...it's buggin' me. Sorry. 6/10

Bolio - This is awesome. And you're sampling Steve Miller. Best white rap ever on Songfight. Impressive. My Casio Rapman salutes you. 8.7/10

Consume - Retardopunk. 5.7/10

The Def Author - Eeeeagh...I still like Bolio's a bit better. This...lacks panache. 6.2/10

Eight Legged Oedipus - You are SO not Freddie Mercury. 6.4/10

Johnny Cashpoint - I would laugh so hard if I saw this performed in some type of venue. I would laugh. Yes. 6.8/10

King Arthur - Another solid entry from Songfight's resident middle-aged bedroom musician. There's this semi-competent also-ran quality to King Arthur's music that always makes me sort of sad, sad like pudgy fifty-year-olds going to technical college to learn how to fix computers. I'm sorry, that's harsh. He's a good guy. 4.4/10

Manhattan Glutton - Totally captures that universal open-mic desperation. Lay-iay-iay-iame. 4.9/10

Mellified Man - This round's most successful Bowie knockoff. Ah, but that's short shrift. At least, thank God, you can sing, and the chord progression is sweet. 7/10

Rabid Garfunkel - I like the music, but let's face facts. You are not Jim Morrison. 6.1/10

RattPoison - Some interesting production aspects. 5.2/10

wreckdom - Sounds like something off the Hour of Slack. Sort of like a SubGenius Will Ferrel. Praise Bob. 7.7/10

Zombie Sneak Attack - This is sewage. 2/10

Mouth Reliant - This is me. It's repetitive but I like the groove. This is the first song I've done without programming it in midi first. I give me an 8/10. Were I not in it, I'd vote for Bolio.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump

Dude, the deadline's 9:59 am, Dig?

Mouth Reliant four & a half minutes? Damn. Lead vocals are buried under all the chaos, and the song sounds like it's all chorus, no verse. Reminds me of spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning until I fall over. And then... hey, what the hell was that? That music on the end was actually kind of interesting. Annnnnnnd it's gone. Quelle bummer. Thanks for reviewing. I'm more of a Lizard Duchess, actually.
MouthReliant
A New Player

Post by MouthReliant »

Yeah, this week's entry was a serious compromise.

Work occupies most of my waking time now.
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Bolio »

Rabid Garfunkel wrote:elimintaion rotation
What is that? You're saying this is the worst track here? I wouldn't know, I haven't listened to all of these but I don't think you have either.

And thanks to Plat for calling into the 'Aspartame Hotline.' (& sorry I couldn't help you) :!:
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Bolio wrote:
What is that? You're saying this is the worst track here
Where did RG say that? *scans pages fruitlessly a couple of times. Or is it some mis-typed reference I don't understand? :)
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Bolio »

j$ wrote:
Bolio wrote:
Rabid Garfunkel wrote:elimination rotation
Where did RG say that?
Just trying to find out what 'elimination rotation' means, didn't sound like a positive thing. Up all Sunday night recording this song & I'm still a little out of it 8) Okay, elimination round, hopefully I'm up against Clay Aiken because that guy is a big loser.
bortwein
Push Comes to Shove

Post by bortwein »

Bolio: The sound bite you are using at the begining of your song..."..tune your base to ours..." I used to have a Base CD that said that at the start of it. But I lost it... do you remember the name of it?
b o r t w e i n...it rhymes with Design. / bortwein Music SongFight! Archive
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Bolio »

bortwein wrote:Bolio: The sound bite you are using at the begining of your song...do you remember the name of it?
It's an obscure 80's dance song... Don't remember now but I'll try to figure it out tonight.
Freudian Slip
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Freudian Slip »

j$ wrote:
Bolio wrote:
What is that? You're saying this is the worst track here
Where did RG say that? *scans pages fruitlessly a couple of times. Or is it some mis-typed reference I don't understand? :)

Mistyped it may be (he's picking up some of my typoglitchical habits. ) thinking you must have *skimmed* the pages fruitlessly though J$ :wink: , cuz It's the one (Think it's the 10th post in the thread) where occurred a Rabid urge to dance Morbidly with Morgan whilst down in the Salt Mines-- waiting for the songbird to keel. (Or <<<chuckle chuckle,unladylike snort, tee hee>>>Is that a Morbid way to git yer (Gar)FUNK(el) on?):lol:

Course he also mentioned Bolio's was among the few that could be gotten jiggy wit' in mono (though in this particular case it might be better as mono a ma'amo)<<<shrugs>>> or sumpin rather like it.

Course me- I'm still recovering from the "Man-titties" site that SW Stat posted. Now that's what I call PACKING tape. :lol:
To Do Is To Be. --Socrates
To Be Is To Do. --Plato
DoBeDoBe, DoBeDo --Sinatra
I could 'see' you-- humming away (a few pill bottles on the sideboard)...But it just didn’t measure up to the insanity that is Freudian Slip...
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

I haven't been around here very long myself, but I think I can safely say you know you're n00b when you don't recognize Frankie Big Face. "Bowie knockoff" ha ha ha ha...
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

actually. mouth reliant is hardly a n00b.
Hi!