That Stingy Michelin Man! (Three Stars Reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

That Stingy Michelin Man! (Three Stars Reviews)

Post by anti-m »

I am eager for a new fight to be posted, so I'm throwing this up there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: That Stingy Michelin Man! (Three Stars Reviews)

Post by Lunkhead »

Well done. The mechanism of Song Fight requires that a review thread exist before a fight can be posted. Thanks!
martyr
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: bass, vox, mix, guitar
Recording Method: m-audio 1814, logic; motu traveler, magix
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Zipline, Zinkline, Monte Carlo, Older Brothers

Post by martyr »

Three Stars Reviews

Cookie Blue Love this. Reminds me of Tegan and Sarah or Elliot Smith as a young female. It sounds so nostalgic and deeply philosophical about life. Feels like a late night camping around the camp fire with close friends, looking at the stars...

Glennny Wow - heavy Jazz rock hits! Almost Glennny meets Sebadoh B-side. Crazy!

Hillbilliy Folk serenade. I'm crying out of the gate.

Hoblit Deep distro.

Inflatable Vegetables Casio and man.

Intoxicated Penguin Army Spoken word over low-fi organ. Distorted bass and hand claps. The chorus by 1.27 starts to pick up.

Jerkatorium Low volume mix. Pretty but smart 1/3. So many tracks this week are following a similar interpretation, as expected. Lyrics driven track. The repetitive nature of this composition starts to grow on you. Bridge has a decent twist -- like the idea of the bang bang part. More refinement and better production would help with this concept.

Johnny Cash Point Thumpy. Robotic. British.

Klownhole Rich screamo death metal howl poetry installation piece.

Nick Soma Sweet thunder this is awesome! The song of yours that really put you on my radar was your No Vacancy entry (http://www.songfight.org/music/no_vacan ... oma_nv.mp3). That one had distinctive Green Day meets 80s retro moments. Anyway, WSA won that fight with a strong entry, but I've been blind voting for you ever since. This driving alt-rock sound you're returning to on this 3 stars track is side of your stuff I like best.

NMDT Reminds me of some of the tracks on the hip hop channel of Grand Theft Auto. I feel like I'm driving fast through a city scape on the run from the police, thrashing, and catching phat air off a bridge into some alley to finally get away...

State Shirt Dreamy ephemeral intro. I recall some of your earlier entries being harder than this. I'm almost getting a bordering on Pet Shop Boys at moments on this track, but that seems far off, because it is distinctively State Shirt at its core (which is sooo not Pet Shop). I like the chorus vibe with the poppy wash keys and repetitive chant of the vox.

Toby Roktot Thank you. Live style. Song about family -- so comforting. Whisper folk.

Tylerzahnke Spoken word over bongos. Funk bass loops. I guess this is nerd core?

Berkeley Social Scene
This song used a more rushed process than what we normally use, but I was very happy with the result. We were basically done writing, rehearsing, and recording before we noticed Ken never even setup his cymbals! "High hats are two cymbals" he kept saying... Sam started vamping a lick in Bm, Ken kicked into this killer driving beat, I came up with the creepy bass melody that made up the verse four chord pattern, and then Glen overlaid his thick riffage to tie it all together. A slight variation of that made the pre-chorus, and Sam crafted the 8 chord Chorus pattern, quickly about the throw it out, when we stopped him exclaiming "that's perfect".
No metronome on this one, and very little refinement. Basically, we kept the first passable take and moved on to vocals. Sam is the main author of the lyrics, and Ken engineered my lead and harmony vocals. I've been listening to it on repeat since Ken sent out the mix.

Good fight, people!

:) 8-) ;)
m++
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

martyr wrote: Johnny Cashpoint Thumpy. Robotic. British.
That pretty much nails it :)
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

martyr wrote:Three Stars Reviews

Hoblit Deep distro.
That pretty much nails it.
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

martyr wrote:
glennny-...heavy Jazz rock...
That pretty much nails it.
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
glennny
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Dobro, Banjo, E-Bow, Glock
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene

Post by glennny »

3 stars
1st pass reviews- I probably won’t catch or get your lyrics, I’m not reading them on the 1st pass.

Berkeley Social Scene- I love this song! I love when all 4 of us in the same room and we collaborate. This recording is the take where we went all the way through the composition for the 1st time. I liked the energy of it so I lobbied to use it, typically we’d do a few for takes to nail it a bit tighter. It’s nice to have live 1st take solos too, most often we overdub solos, but this time only the vocals were overdubbed. (oh yeah, and the Rhodes at the end)

Cookie Blue- Off the bat I like this much more than I usually like Cookie Blue stuff. Thank you for the bass and the shaker! It makes a huge difference! Nice melody! Great singing, the harmonies are well done. I don’t hear much distinction between verse and chorus.

glennny- This is unapologetic Progressive rock. So let me apologize to those for which this is not their bag. My train of thought was from the Summer Triangle: Vega, Deneb and Altair, to their constellations’: Lyra (the Harp), Cygnus (the swan: the swan representing Orpheus), Aquila (the Eagle). Then I used the Orpheus myth as lyric inspiration. This was super fun, probably self-indulgent, but fun to really let loose!

Hillbilly- The Southern accent knob is cranked to 10. It sounds good, but I’m suspicious of it. There’s some serious white noise that comes and goes in weird places. I enjoyed this overall, sweet little folky thing, nice and short.

Hoblit- Metal does punk. Cool riff! Slightly different production, this could be a Ramones song. I hope we can all sing along to this at the next Song Fight Live. Make sure you teach the audience “A Double Ess , Why Don’t You”.

iVeg- I like the sliding synth guide vocal. I am both charmed by the lo-fi thing you do and frustrated in imagining how it could sound with full fidelity. This is another well written song, though the end of the chorus to the beginning of the verse kind of farts to halt then jumps back. It seems like that could be ironed out a bit better.

IPA- This seems to require some more attention to the lyrics. I’ll do that sometime soon. As for the music and melody, I really want some more drums, loud and dominant. The comedy vocals are well done. It never sounds serious; I hope that’s the intention. Feels a bit long, but it’s a story song, so paying attention to the story is probably key.

Jerkatorium- I , I would be King, and you, you could be queen…… I want some Fripp long notes. It’s very close to Heroes, but different enough. I love that 1979 vibe. I like the bridge. The chorus is the weakest part to me. Overall it’s pretty fun. Great ending.

J$- I knew it was you after one bar. This is a little unfair, I read your lyrics yesterday, because you posted them. Inventive music! I love the bass line especially. This all works rather well, it’s deliciously quirky too. Vote.

Klownhole- I wish you were ZKlownhole. I like to listen to Klownhole last. Too much rock, and too long for the middle of the fight. I’ll come back to this. Okay back, nice and huge and sludgey. I love the passionate delivery of the vocals. This is almost ambient. The pulse is more respiratory than pulmonary. I don’t really follow the arc of the music, it feels very samey the whole time.

Nick Soma- My art Nemesis (Just kidding). Drums sound fantastic! This rocks! Up tempo 3 chord rock is your thing, and you do it really well. My kingdom for a drum fill. Excellent vocals! This gets a vote!

NMDT- Not my genre. Nice groove. Love the beat. Is there going to be a pop hook for a chorus? Took a long time to get to. Feels like the only chorus we get. Weird structure. Verse Verse Chorus Bridge Chorus. I guess its’s not that weird. Pretty cool.

State Shirt- Every hear Antarctica? This reminds me of them. This is nothing short of awesome. My favorite stuff from you is your echoplex guitar loops, so I kinda miss that, but these synth loops are excellent. Great voice atop! Easily gets a vote. Winner? Great melodies!

Toby Roktot- Now I feel like a jerk for not writing a song about my wife and 2 kids. They are 3 burning balls of gas…… This is pretty. The tempo feels a bit free time. I’m not sure about the guitar in my left ear and the vocals in my right. I didn’t notice until popped on the headphones. I’d rather hear it all up the center, I might be alone in this. Pretty.

Tyler Zahnke- Ugh, a story. This is tough, it really doesn’t grab me. There’s some nice funky bass measures here and there, but I’m not into the story.

If I voted now:
State Shirt
Nick Soma
J$
BSS
glennny
Phillipso, Older Brothers, Semolina Pilchards, Zipline , Thank Glennny for the Frisbee, The Odoriferous Valley, The Worldly Self Assurance, Berkeley Social Scene, Very Gentle Knives, Daddy Bop Swing Set, GUNS, The Kraken Lives, Cavedwellers
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Firstly, when ever I see the title of this thread, I think of this guy Image
- who doesn't look like he's stingy at all!

Secondly, W.A.I.L. Thirdly, I.A.A.C.

BSS - That's a meaty riff. Me like! I would have finished that second verse with "Your opinion counts, but not as much of mine" - but it's easy of me to criticize! Arf. Overall, I would question whether the overall tone is a tad too rough-hewn? I like the punky punky more than the next man, as you know, but I wonder whether the song wouldn't be better served by a softer arrangement this time? Still, I enjoyed.

Cookie Blue - that's some lovely singing / harmonies in there! I'm not really grabbed by the lyric but I'm a lumpish, un-poetic sort! Shame though because I can't fully engage with what you're saying. What was that 'water-pouring' sound effect? Was it a percussive thing? Everything else is so well selected, arrangement wise, it comes as a bit of a surprise. Perhaps a tad too long, but not unbearably so.

Glennny - Bonkers brilliant first minute or so. Kind of wish you'd gone heavier down the prog vs thrash line, but that's probably just me. Your voice suits this style of music very well. It starts to feel a bit indulgent around 3.00 mins but maybe I'm just impatient. Suitably showy solo. I imagine you gritting your teeth and leaning forward, shaking your frightwig at this point. It''s waaaay too long for an old punk like me, but I do like the "Norweigan Death Metal Band Covers Yes" feel.

Hillbilly - Nice pickin', pardner! There's a few points where the recording of the vocal is peaking, which is a lil' distracting - "Forever must mean 12 years and a kid" is a great line. The repetition of "feel" doesn't work so well for me, 'feel's a bit forced, but this is very, very pretty.

Hoblit - My crappy laptop was having problems streaming all 15 minutes of this, taking all my reviews with it - and crashed. Punk rock! Downloaded it (how charming,y retro) and it thinks it's 12 minutes. However long it is, the first two minutes are perfect (though the chorus could have a bit more melodic drive to it, perhaps) - the endless repetition after that made me sleepy.

IVeg - Pleasingly eccentric, as usual! I am not following the lyric on first listen, which might be a problem as I get the impression the tune, cute as it is, can't support the song by itself? Again, might just be this laptop, but the mix sounds a little bass-end-heavy. A few hi-passes might clear up some of the thickness of all those keyboard parts atop each other? What do I know about mixing, anyway? That I'm talking about that exclusively is probably a telling review in itself. Not my favourite I-Veg song ever, but meets the standard for sure!

Intoxicated Penguin Army - "Studio banter" fluff always makes me itchy, but that's a great organ riff, in fact the music is brilliant. Lyrically, fun ("also, we're cats" is sweet) but feels a little forced maybe, overall? Is this Fluffy? There is something of the Flufffy in the vocal. The rhythm guitar is a little loud in the mix. Should have been 2 and a half minutes, but I really like this. Inventive and silly, and just about walks that difficult line between novel and novelty.

Jerkatorium - This is a fun listen. I like the Grandaddy / Neutron Milk Hotel-ish music and the melody is hummable while remaining interesting. The words are good too. Nothing world-breaking but I like it a lot, it's neat and efficient as well, so I may vote for this. This is the kiss of death when it comes to winning fights, I'm afraid. Sorry about that.

j$ - that's me. You can't get it right, all the time - or ever, in some cases. Thank the gods. :) Seriously though, the lyric comes out really depressing which is not what I intended. I was *trying* to be funny!

Klownhole - it is always my privilege to be the John the Baptist to Klownhole in the Songfight musical alphabet whether or not I like the song in question. This one I find a bit gruelling to be honest, more with the mix and the length than the song itself. I can't really make out many of the words but with the vocal so far forward it's kind of killing the chance to appreciate the music. I like the dark metal riffing and the singing is fine, it's just a bit off-kilter mix-mise, enough not to make it through what my crappy laptop claims is 10 minutes long.

Nick Soma - Yay for bouncy power pop! I like this - it flies by, the lyric is fun, it's very well mixed, and yet it's over and I am not rushing back to listen again. That's got to be just me and my madness, so don't take it to heart. It's a good song, it's just all a little 'one direction' to these ears (I don't mean the band, you'll be glad to hear).

NMDT - I like this a lot as well. The mix is a bit "everything forward" which makes it a harder listen than needs to be. It has a lot of rap cliches in it (scratching samples etc) and it takes itself way too seriously, but it's very well done. I could imagine a club mix doing the business very nicely.

Toby Roktot - Do we call this Americana? I really don't engage with it, I'm afraid. Not that it's in any way bad, I just don't have a soul, so I doubt I'm ever going to be able to associate with the words, and the 'sensitive' mood. There's nothing here for *me* to grab hold to and sing along with, so it's very hard to connect with it on a first listen. I think it's 'alumnus/a' not 'alumni' in that context, btw. I fully respect and admire you for your candour (unless it's just a story in which case yah boo sucks to you) - but fake live doesn't do it for me, either. It adds a level of deception that undermines the message. Christ, I *hope* that's fake - otherwise they hated you with faint praise! I'm being unneccessarly mean. This was fine but not just "my bag",as the old SF excuse runs...

State Shirt - Pretty trip-pop. The drums are a little bland to be that far forward in the mix? Maybe it's just the patch, actually. The music is all lovely-wavey-sun-going-down-on-a-festival and the drums seem a bit... slabby. Other than that, it's pretty damn fine, and does what it set out to do very nicely.

Tyler Zahnke - There's many ideas in here I like, and the 'cut-up' feel is very intriguing. The mix is clearer than previous efforts, which helps. It's too disjointed to be anything but a curio; I didn't find it interesting enough lyrically beyond the invention to listen again.

So looks like I'm voting for Jerkatorium and Inflatable Penguin Army, and what the Hell, Glennny too, in a 'you slap my back ...' way :)

[EDIT: And I'm also voting for Hoblit, once I get round the "Your Vote Has Been Recorded" safety measure, for a single vote only.]

j$
Last edited by j$ on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

j$ wrote:
Hoblit - My crappy laptop was having problems streaming all 15 minutes of this, taking all my reviews with it - and crashed. Punk rock! Downloaded it (how charmingy retro) and it thinks it's 12 minutes. However long it is, the first two minutes are perfect (though the chorus could have a bit more melodic drive to it, perhaps) - the endless repetition after that made me sleepy.
I'm not sure if there is a problem with your machine or there was some other sort of technical problem server side, but my song is only 2:29 and the outro is one chorus placed directly after the one bridge. Just FYI.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

That is *bizarre* - it played the final chorus, in perfect sync, for about 4 mins (not actually 12) - the timing was so spot on, I was fooled into thinking it was deliberate. In which case, I will bow to authorial intent, and award you that vote you would have got if it had been 2.29 mins long. Which it was. How I underestimated ya!

j$
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

johnny money ---- I don't expect you to care too much for my difference in styles and likes,(we have spoken of this before) but am pleased you have noticed the improvement in picking. I have been working on this. Do you like or diss like the hollow body sound of the epiphone, you purchased? What are the pros and cons? I don't care for my mim strat ,getting ready to trade.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Ah, man, I am (clearly) not the man to ask; all I can say it it sounded lovely. Personal taste is one of those things that can't be overcome, sadly, but I was very impressed. Overall - it just sounded *better* (whatever that means) - I am a big believer in the song not the technique. TBH, I was surprised (in a very good way) by the improvement since the last time *I* heard a Hillbilly song. So, for me, whatever you've been doing since I gave you a pissy, British review, please keep doing it!
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

I know you love me, but what about that Special
dot epiphone hollow body thing, do you still have it or care for that style guitar.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

And there's me thinking you gave a shit about my opinions :)

Never had that style of guitar. Still use the same £10 guitar I always have. You have me confused with someone who cares about music :)

j$
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Cookie Blue
+ vocals with a nice double track.
- lyrics. what is this about?
Decent song. Nothing especially memorable. Nothing bad either.

BSS
+ Martin's vocals. They are an acquired taste but I dig 'em. 70's rock feel.
- Some weak lyrical choices. A bit sloppy in parts (I can't believe I'm saying that about a BSS song)
I'm happy to hear BSS doing something that isn't so prog. I think this song would be better if BSS had more time to work on it. It may earn a vote.

NMDT
+ Great beat. Strong opening.
- The double track is a bit awkward/distracting. The bridge is unnecessary.
I'm split on this. There are some weak bits (for instance- why did the lyrical flow slow down?) but it has very high replay value. Definitely may earn a vote.

Jerkatorium
+ Nice guitar bits and a well put together tune
- Lifeless vocals
The vocal delivery is so monotone that it weighs the song down. A better, more energetic vocal would do this wonders.

Toby Roktot
+ Feelings. Live atmosphere.
- Some weak lyrical bits.
It's a very nice sentiment. It's not a great lyric but the emotion behind it helps it alot.

Inflatable Vegetables
+ Excellent use of a pre-chorus
- The keyboards
This one doesn't do it for me just because after a while, the keys began to get very grating.

Hillbilly
+ Simple and straightforward
- Lyrics.
Country is all about the strength of the story. Weak story, weak song. And what was with all the feeling you, feeling me stuff. It was very out of place.

Tyler Zahnke
+ A willingness to experiment
- Attempts at comedy. Meta moments.
Thank you for experimenting. I appreciate those who push a creative envelope. But some experiments don't work and the comedic trappings of this are so groan worthy that it makes for an unenjoyable listen.

Klownhole
+ Droning crunchy guitars.
- It went nowhere. Screams need some more melody.
I do love a good drone. I could see myself listening to this on a play list with some Nadja. The only problem is that the change up around minute six isn't significant enough, so it just kinda drags on.

State Shirt
+ Catchy. Well produced.
- Vocal sounds a bit nasally.
Spectacular song. Extremely well put together. Vote.

Glennny
+ It's like RHCP went prog. Skills on full display.
- Vocals are lost in the mix at times. Weak falsetto.
The music is killer. The vocals aren't. From 2:21 to 4:04 is pure gold. It may get a vote just on that alone.

Nick Soma
+ Great grasp of pop-punk.
- Wish this had a catchy hook.
This has all the power pop punk leanings in place except the chorus isn't catchy and that's a shame.

Hoblit
+ Straightforward punk
- Self-censorship in a punk song feels out of place.
The song is punk but it's got this cute "kiss my three stars" chorus and I feel like "It's punk, you don't censor punk".

Johnny Cashpoint
+ Gets better as it goes along.
- Ends very abruptly.
I don't love it, I don't hate it. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Intoxicated Penguin Army
+ It's insane nonsense but intriguing enough that I find myself trying to understand it all.
- It's insane nonsense
Welcome back I.P.A. I enjoy the sax and the delivery of the song. I'm lost to all of the lyrics but there's potential here.

Votes went to State Shirt, NMDT & Glennny.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Niveous wrote:Johnny Cashpoint
+ Gets better as it goes along.
- Ends very abruptly.
I don't love it, I don't hate it. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Perhaps it's bad form to be saying this, but that's basically exactly how I'd review my song (though I don't see ending abruptly as a bad thing, quite the opposite). They can't *all* be winners, right? :)
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

He may not look stingy, but dude is parsimonious with the stars.

J$, the Michelin man makes ME think of Gibson's Pattern Recognition
Toby Roktot
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Drums
Recording Method: Zoom, two turntables and a microphone....
Submitting as: Toby Roktot

Post by Toby Roktot »

MARTYR---- sooo happy you are sooo comforted by my whispers. You Rock !!!

dollar jon--- thank you for the english lesson. maybe something to rhyme with 'alum-nus' ... hmmmm,
squeeze your nose.. OH YEAH , PUS !!!

last and least, niveous --- sorry my TRUE story doesn't live up to your lyric standard. maybe if i lie...
but, no-- i love my life... you don't count, actually.

my first star said..."don't post angry or drunk". sorry luv, i was never one to take an insult.. or, good
advice
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Toby Roktot wrote: last and least, niveous --- sorry my TRUE story doesn't live up to your lyric standard. maybe if i lie...
but, no-- i love my life... you don't count, actually
I had no problem with the story you told. I like that you told a true story from the heart. That's great. I'm a family man too, so i could definitely relate to your song. Could it have been written better, choosing your words differently so it flowed better instead of sometimes feeling like spoken word? Yes, in my opinion. But, don't think I was harping on your true story.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

Toby Roktot------Welcome to the club. It becomes more fun when you enter songs drunk an angry, have fun.
Toby Roktot
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Toby Roktot »

uh.....i'm better now...and, uh, kinda sober, not angry. just got home late last night and bad news all around me. kids are gone so, i have to vent somehow.

nivious.... don't know why one would choose complexity when a simple story is sufficient. thanks anyway.
oh yeah, i have a deadline to meet this morning....great!!!
Toby Roktot
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Toby Roktot »

This weeks submissions are all very good. Nice work dudes and dudettes....i know, sooooo last year !!!

Anyways:

Glennny....i listened to this song all week. Each time i heard something new. thx a lot Glennny !!

Johnny $.... interesting, not bad...interesting .

NMAT....this is a song begging for a road trip !! the chorus could last forever....!!!

hillbilly....very poignant, heartbreaking song. thx for the song hillbilly.

cookie blue...."now that i've become unshy"....best line in the fight this week !! please keep submitting CB...very good !!

klownhole....sorry kh, 9:30 was a good time for you...but, i couldn't get past 46 seconds....thx for the submission.

nick soma....love the beginning !! gee nick, you write great punk pop !! on my playlist and you have my vote!!!!

jerkatorium....lots of elements to this. keeps me engaged throughout.

hoblit....you woulda fit right in at CBGB's....i can hear, and see, the crowd screaming the chant with you
thx for that memory !!!

IPA....hahaha !!! sweet !!!!!

inflatable veges....lots of different notes being used this week. i don't know how to do that, but, i like the sound ...

bss....kinda fusion rock ? is that a thing ? this is another 'different' song i really like !!! thx....

stateshirt....i love the opening dynamics. this could be on radio rotation !! vocals like this make the fair ones swoon....( i've witnessed this first-hand...red hair and number two have chosen this as their favorite ...VOTE)....and, they are not wrong !!!

tylerz....at the start....WTF? ...then, this song makes you listen....and laugh. enjoyable...and after all, ain't that the whole point ?? unfortunately, i voted for nick, red voted for state shirt and star two voted for moi, three's our limit....thx