Pedal to the metal (Corvette reviews)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Pedal to the metal (Corvette reviews)

Post by Lunkhead »

Floor it!

Peel out!
hillbilly

Re: Pedal to the metal (Corvette reviews)

Post by hillbilly »

wow I'm digging casiotone.
And Stink--- very good playing and tones.
Last edited by hillbilly on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Stingray!!!!
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Very rare that I am the first to post reviews after a fight has been posted. I'm not sure if it is just because I'm excited about getting my toes back in the water or if things around here have slowed down a bit. But I've listened to the songs a few times now and here is how I feel about them:

BerkleySo-calScene:
Not crazy about the vocal delivery in both tone and cadence.(Effect was handled nicely in that it created both separation and blending. But everything else fits nicely. I liked the straight rhthym and the bass stood out. (I'm a bass fan so maybe it's just me.) This is a good, listenable production despite my particular taste in vocals. A fairly good sounding production in this fight's list. I can always appreciate it. I like the driving beat and the execution even if the content as a whole doesn't fully appeal to me.

Custom Casiotone Creations: This was okay. I think the instrumentation was quirky and sweet although it really isn't my thing. Put together well. Everything appears to have been performed and executed well. I think this is a worthy production and I don't have anything negative to say about it. I'm glad to have any listenable song in a pretty good fight. (Despite the argument on whether or not you tricked me into listening to your possibly non-corvette song ! :) )

Edge Stree Boys: I'm pretty picky about rap and this seems neither authentic nor parody enough to be good in that direction either. There is something to be said about the Frontalittle crew in the past, but even that is an inside (running) joke type thing that this doesn't seem to achive. I just don't think this is as funny as it might supposed to be. I suppose that the structure is there and for that matter it is well put together. As to say that the production is listenable.

Hoblit: My studio was not completely set up since my last move in September. I struggled with that and the drums, both execution and recording suffered immensely from being so unprepared. ALSO, MY PRIMARY SOUND CARD GOT FRIED IN A STORM IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS PRODUCTION! (Despite the surge protection) Hopefully this got the fire started and is just a preface of what I'm going to do this year.

Magnetic Letters: This is a decent production that is pretty well executed. Reminds me of something that they'd play on the local community radio station here. I like the overall sound but wish the vocals were a bit fuller. The instrumentation is well chosen and well performed. I particularly like the drums. I feel like it could use more bass though. I feel like it's absent at times. All of the added sounds are great and again the production overall is good.

Margret Benson and the Cheese Trio: I don't know how to feel about this. I think I like it but I've got a lot of complaints. I don't necessarily the delivery of this rap is all that great, but at the same time I can't pin point why. I feel like it should be more agressive somehow...sounds light when it is trying to be a bit more serious. But I like the deep bass vs the thin vocal delivery none-the-less.I love the lyrics and the beat and samples are very appealing to me.

Paco: You're my competition this week. You are going for a monster rawk thing while I'm going for an alternative country metal. (Hellbilly as HankIII might call it) I think your production is superior to mine. This recording is crisp and clear and all of the instruments are performed well, along with the shakey vocals that manage to stay on key, perfectly. I think the half time (first) guitar solo is a bit out of place, but benefits the imagery of the song in making it a bit darker. Which goes well with the content of the lyrics. Perhaps the guitar solo was the act itself! Allowing the second (ending) solo to ride out with a punch in the nose, only to linger in the pain of the feedback outtro.

Slickitude: This is the best overall production of the week. I like Paco's quite a bit but yours has a more professional feel. Every instrument is performed and recorded very well. The lyrical references are nice and rock'n'roll, perfect for the Corvette theme. (As the imagery a song named Corvette would take me back to the 80's monster rock, as Paco's did too.) It left me wanting more and that is what sells a song a lot of the time. Good work!

Stevie Rock: This too is a really nice song. Production is good and is another song that sounds like it could have come out of the 80s rock scene. Which again, is appreciated for the content of a song named Corvette. The lead guitar licks and solo are commanding, but laid back enough to not overpower the song. The overall song sounds a bit like the Drive By Truckers when they're not being too serious. This is one of my favorites this week as well.

Toby Rocket: I suppose this is supposed to sound off-kilter. I don't always mind a messy production but this one sort of loses me. It sounds like something I might hear on an alt country rock station but it gets lost in its own folky bits. This song lacks the cohesiveness for me to stay on the ride. (pun intended in regards to this song lyrically) I think this there is talent here, it just sounds like you may have needed another day on this.

Vasdeferens: I am not sure why you would apologize to Jesus or why we would assume Jesus would drive a Corvette. (I think'd he be more of a smart car kind of guy.) I feel like this song is going for an 'ignorant theological' shock value theme. I don't mind that, but we have Lady Gaga, Modonna, and Miley Cyrus for all of that. And we certainly don't need another GG Allin. I'm trying to find a redeeming factor, something I can take from this, and I just can't. I'll just leave it at that.

I put in votes for:
Paco
Stevie
&
Slick
Smalltown Mike
Mean Street
Submitting as: shrts, Sewer Ppl, Flaming Tiger, shrts, shot pounder, Gert, Slither, Gaping Maw

Post by Smalltown Mike »

Berkley So-cal Scene: Not my favourite entry of yours, for sure. The vocals really don’t feel like they match the style and sound like they were recorded separate from the band.

Custom Casiotone Creations: I hate to be THAT guy, but it takes a lot to convince me an instrumental tune was written for a particular title. I would easily buy, for example, a punk rockabilly number called Corvette, but this one doesn’t suit the title for me. Also, it seems to me to be an unfinished thought, a bit of a jam.

Hoblit: Welcome back. This riff says “corvette” right off the bat. It’s great. I need more drums, though – I can hardly hear them (especially the snare.) In fact, the only place I could really hear the snare was in the last three seconds.

Magnetic Letters: This has a lot of potential. Nice groove, etc. I wish the vocals were richer (the style is good, but they just need to be a bit fatter, I think). I dig this, though.

Margret Benson and the Cheese Trio: I didn’t get it the first listen, but this really grew on me. There’s a Canadian rapper named buck 65 you should check out who does a similar style. I think you need to put slightly more force behind your vocals; they’re mellow and that’s good, but just slightly more energy. And maybe add a bit of delay, and bring ‘em up slightly? But cool tune, enough to make me go back and listen to some of your other stuff. Watching the Riots is great. That first line – about the brother from the same mother – is weak. But your reference to Ralph from the Mouse and the Motorcycle is greatly appreciated.

Paco: This wins the award for the best opening. This is really good. I always find your chord choices surprise me a bit, which is great. They’re a bit haunting. A couple of really nice riffs in there. Damn, I like a solo.

Slickitude: is me, peddling drugs while pedaling a Schwinn Corvette to make money to buy a corvette. Or something.
Punk rock is for children. Grab a six-pack at Half-a-Dozen Records.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Smalltown Mike wrote:
Hoblit: Welcome back. This riff says “corvette” right off the bat. It’s great. I need more drums, though – I can hardly hear them (especially the snare.) In fact, the only place I could really hear the snare was in the last three seconds.
Thank you, Thank you, and yeah... I got a lot (A LOT) of bleed from the hi-hats on the snare mic that I couldn't EQ out to save my life. So in order to even make it listenable, I EQ'd the drums just enough so that the hi-hats didn't override EVERYTHING. A direct result for not having taken the care to set my studio up properly after the recent move. I have corrected this and this shouldn't be such a problem in the future. The next time you hear a songfight! song from me, you'll have a whole other reason to criticize the drums. Like how badly performed they are! :)

Thanks for taking the time to listen and review. I do appreciate it.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Berkeley Social Scene - Tight and crispy except for the vocal delivery. I'm a Martin fan and I lack good rhythm but this is strangely off. Still, good racing music and fun lead trade offs, almost like you guys are trying to play in each others styles.

Custom Casiotone Creations - No points for sneaking a song in and calling it Corvette, but the wacky 60s/Zappa style guitar solos garner a few. Fluxxm Florvmm, perhaps.

EDGE STREET BOYZ (ft. SWAIRZ) - Sounds like you had fun doing this, which is great, but it's a flat listen. Maybe if it were faster and/or shorter, zooming like a fast car.

Hoblit - Glad to hear from you, long overdue. And with a great rocker of course. I think your 'Vette beats mine but mine has a scarier rev up at the gate. Ahem. Lame, I know. Vocals could be tighter but I dig the delivery anyhow. Good fun.

The Magnetic Letters
- A bit loose and the dynamics are kind of all over the place, but a nice vibe and good guitar playing especially. I imagine that your Corvette is in a palm tree filled location.

Margret Benson and the Cheese Trio - Love the bass intro and shuffly groove. Sniffin glue says a lot. I like the vocal timbre, Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy-ish. Delivery is good but could benefit from a few more practices. This is the kind of rap (or whatever you call it) that I typically like.

Paco del Stinko - I do think that this comes in great, gets a little pedestrian afterwards. Based on a true story. Treble booster in front of a Big Muff for the rhythm guitars, never done that before but will explore again.

Slickitude - Yeah, this is great, should win if all is fair. Catchy chorus, fun references, I went "Hey!" when I first heard them. As always, great delivery and super tight and clean production. Big vote, thanks for submitting.

Stevierock - Easy-going and pleasant. Tasty. This could also work all Beach Boy-ed out, but is fine as is. Vocals are good but have a weird flangey sound, or something, to them. Regardless, a fine tune.

toby roktot
- Sounds like an in-house performance at a pub or some place, save for the beat. I'm split on the woo-hoos. I both do and don't like them, but am glad you did them. Any arrangement flaws and pitch issues are compensated for with an energetic performance.

Vas Deferens - I like the oatmeal guitars but the vocal delivery is lame. I can handle silly lyrics but the performance is a bit too dumb. Maybe lazy is a better description. Re-do this all menace-y.
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Thanks for the comments people, appreciated. Cheers!
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

I’m at work, but I’m not working. I’m listening to you guys, through laptop speakers so I got no bottom end… quick thoughts for you, after first listen:

Slickitude: Immediately loved it. I am biased, because I recognized your voice immediately. I also like the song.

Vas Deferens: Nope on first listen. First few notes has promise, but it’s like squinting across a dark alley, thinking you see something hot and enticing until suddenly you realize…Mirage!! Mirage!! Hurry, escape, before she (or modify gender depending on preference) sees you!! The whole tone of the lyrics and vocal delivery isn’t interesting to me. Kinda annoying. Annoying is fun to make, and sometimes fun to share, but not so fun to listen to. I hope you had a blast making it, I’d be interested to know if months down the road you are still listening to this?

Edge Street Boyz (ft. Swairz): Loved the accents (of course you don’t have accents, I do, I get it) , the intro. Lines are rushed. Okay. Chorus I like. Hmm. More I hear the chorus the more I go from liking it to loving it. Sounds fun, let’s grab a beer I wanna get drunk with you now.

Paco Del Stinko: Right off I’m interested cause I like rocking. I remember your name as a Songfighter, but not remembering your sound. I like that riff you use to tie together the verse bits… sweet. Are drums live or programmed? I like the psychedelic Jimi solo… also reminds me (probably the tone) of BTO’s “Not Fragile” solos lol. Like. Dig it, thank you! Yeah, great opening riff too. Kicks right in.

Custom Casio Creations: Something about the way the riff and harmony are constructed remind me of someone I’ve heard on Songfight before, but I can’t tell you who that it is lol. Also, big time getting a “Doors” vibe… no lyrics yet and wondering if this is an instrumental. Hmmm… solo is okay, but noodles too much for me without a theme… and not getting “Corvette” off this. I’m getting “I love the Doors and Santana”. Nothing wrong with that, but this is a jam track that doesn’t evoke Corvette to me.

Magnetic Letters: The performance and mixing aren’t the greatest, but I like it for some other reason. Probably the nice groove and vocals tight to the groove…and that whistle… nice structure too. I really like the ideas and feel. I think this could be developed better, recorded better, etc but I like the song and the ideas I am hearing. Yes, cool.

Hoblit: Get’s a fuck yea right off the bat. I saw your name and felt this “oh cool, he’s in this one that’ll be fun”. I have some familiarity with your sound cause we collabed, so it sounds familiar to me. Song is alright, it’s the tones and sounds…oh.. I like that break. Rockin riff and then it thickens up again on the next verse… personally when I start hearing ideas that motivate me to think about drum parts I get pretty interested. If I was going for critical I’d point out that there are parts you could sound a bit more confident on with vocals… I’m talking some notes here, not phrases, but I doubt you don’t already know that. Overall I like it, good, although again I got bias cause I like your sound. Probably the song is okay, but I hear it better due to personal preference. I get a Sex Pistols thought on this one for some reason.

Margret Benson and the Cheese Trio
: It’s ok, but I have a tough time with raps that don’t have a hook I can get into. Nothing hooking me in, and I’m too distractable to hear all the lyrics and comprehend what is going on lyrically on just one listen, so my feedback is just a personal “not for me” without really feeling like it’s a quality issue.

Berkeley Social Scene: I recognize the name… I want to assume this is a collab band? Is Ken in this? I dunno, it’s been a while. I love the punk rock vocal vibe, and the bass line. This has a sound that I like, it’s rocking, but raw. Thank you. I like the keys… melody line. Vocals sorta remind me of the Clash, although most punk rocky stuff with a slight British accent makes me think that. I would have had heavier or more present guitars personally but that’s me. Some of this is borderline going too far on the “raw” thing, but never to the point I get a feeling of “uh oh”. Good.

Toby Roktot: Not sure about this one. Things I like, getting near the end of the playlist here and … this is one of those things I would probably get really into live and enjoy due to the energy and “woo hooos” but as a recording … the tuning issues between instruments is a bit distracting for me. Sometimes that stuff works for whatever reason, but it’s distracting me. Feels fun though. Vocal delivery is entertaining.

Stevie Rock: I like this one. I hear lots of stuff in it. There are some technical things like some vocal tuning that detract a bit. I get a lot of “Steve Miller” vibes off it, it definitely feels familiar in a classic rock of the 70’s way, but all that said, it’s got nice feel and sounds like a legit tune someone could cover. Chorus is catchy. Good.
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Edit: on CCC I was referring to key solo, not guitar solo.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Leaf: Nice of you to show up, thanks for the comments, and Iook forward to hearing the new Gert tune. Hell yeah!

The drums on my track are indeed real,played by me on my imitation Rogers kit. Simple and stiff, best I can do. Scared when a real drummer listens, ha!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

lol don't be scared if I thought they were programmed! lol.

I wondered cause they sounded well played to me, and I liked the sound, but didn't know if you played or had a buddy play or what. This is on first pass via laptop speakers mind you!

So, that motivated me to listen on second pass right now, and yeah great job on the drums man. Total rawk.

Again, that solo tone (and exit riff from your solo too, didn't pick up on that first time) sound great.
Second listen on it was better than the first too.

I'm gonna check this one out in my studio later tonight after I go to our weekly ball hockey violent extravaganza where the 20 year olds like to run right at me so they can beat the old guy. Sigh. It's okay, they bounce right off.
Merle Fyshwick
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Cubase, Korg MicroKey, Zoom H1, shit headphones.
Submitting as: The Magnetic Letters

Post by Merle Fyshwick »

BSS

I like the desperate sentiment. Also the reference to the lottery. It's strange that we always hear about big American lotteries over here in the news.

Custom Casio

Like a CIA LSD experiment: it's controlled, but psychedelic. Reminds me a bit of a Ween jam. Not sure if it evokes Corvette that much; maybe a naval corvette smuggling smack out of the golden triangle during the Vietnam War.

Edge Street Boyz

I like the references to Commodores, and yeah, Jatz with no dip are pretty useless. It's very loose; I don't mind the chorus though.

Hoblit

I like the guitar riff. Nice snappy ending, too.

Margret Benson

Pretty tight, good narrative. “Restricted, bro damage inflicted” – cool.

Paco

Rad. Love the guitar feedback. Best so far.

Slicktitude

Also really good – super-tight and somewhat PUSA-like. And then the vibraslap. Makes me wonder how often in a song it can be used effectively. I think maybe the spacing is more important than the sheer number of times it's used. Just thinking out loud, and then... an Electric Six reference. Nice.

Stevie Rock

Really good guitar.

Toby Roktot

“Summer of looove?!” Ha ha. Wow, pretty manic. Hyperventilation rock.

Vas Deferens

Stream of consciousness blasphemy. “Glad you ended up with a nice car” – best bit, also “Leather seats, feel good on my arse cheeks”. Can't understand all the Jesus bits; could do with a post on the lyrics page. My girlfriend would probably like this one. I don't mind it.
Smalltown Mike
Mean Street
Submitting as: shrts, Sewer Ppl, Flaming Tiger, shrts, shot pounder, Gert, Slither, Gaping Maw

Post by Smalltown Mike »

Merle Fyshwick wrote:and then... an Electric Six reference. Nice.
Actually, no — don't think there's any Electric Six reference. Which part?
Punk rock is for children. Grab a six-pack at Half-a-Dozen Records.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf wrote:I’m at work, but I’m not working. I’m listening to you guys, through laptop speakers so I got no bottom end… quick thoughts for you, after first listen:

Hoblit: Get’s a fuck yea right off the bat. I saw your name and felt this “oh cool, he’s in this one that’ll be fun”. I have some familiarity with your sound cause we collabed, so it sounds familiar to me. Song is alright, it’s the tones and sounds…oh.. I like that break. Rockin riff and then it thickens up again on the next verse… personally when I start hearing ideas that motivate me to think about drum parts I get pretty interested. If I was going for critical I’d point out that there are parts you could sound a bit more confident on with vocals… I’m talking some notes here, not phrases, but I doubt you don’t already know that. Overall I like it, good, although again I got bias cause I like your sound. Probably the song is okay, but I hear it better due to personal preference. I get a Sex Pistols thought on this one for some reason.
HA! Thank you, sir! I crank our Leablit song every once and a while! Thank you for that memory.

Also, thank you for the kind words. You're right, my vocal delivery was weak at points as I crammed the vocal sessions in at the last minute. (Which explains some of my doubling in post)

I'm betting that you cringed at the sound of my drum track though! My hi-hats took over and while I had noticed before I was done, I 'THOUGHT' I could fix THAT in post too...I was wrong. (I have since re-worked my studio so that I don't have to scramble NEXT TIME!)

Thanks for the listen, old friend.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:Leaf: Nice of you to show up, thanks for the comments, and Iook forward to hearing the new Gert tune. Hell yeah!

The drums on my track are indeed real,played by me on my imitation Rogers kit. Simple and stiff, best I can do. Scared when a real drummer listens, ha!
Ha, you and I are on the same drum page, I guess. :)
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

Toby Roktot
The intro didn't sell it well - but once the song settles I dig it - cross between Dylan and Bruce Cockburn. The refrain just puts me off because the intensity of the playing makes the timing get sloppy. I keep hoping for the third part. Needs a third part. This one is charming.

The Magnetic Letters
Love the theremin or whatever that is off the top. I dig your vocal ambition - great sense of melody and harmony - execution is not quite there but I dig where you're going. I dig it. Nice guitar playing too. My main wish for this is that all the parts were played with a little more conviction.

Edge Street Boyz
I want to like this - and the beat is workable - but where's the groove in the rapping? The flow is rushed and missing the pulse that good rap should have. Points for using "ambulating". Chorus could be huge if you worked it and sang in tune.

Berkely Social Scene
Admittdedly not my cup of tea - but this is well done. I'm not a fan of doubled hard left right guitars all the way through a track. The voice sounds too dirty and garage-ish for the rest of the production - creates a disconnect. All I have are nitpicking points - the ramblings of a guy who doesn't dig the style but can't figure out why. :) Nice job.

Margaret Benson and the Cheese Trio
I dig the laid back jazz tip here. I like the delivery of the vox too - not sold on the chorus though - it feels a little unfinished - like it could use another round of refinement. I wish this track had some heavier hitting kick/bass, sonically speaking. But otherwise.. fun track - nice job.

Stevie Rock
This is a nice little ditty. Lead guitar performances are well done. Vocals are the weakest part - not selling it. The tune lags in places - and its got a lot of obvious musical bits - nothing wrong with that I suppose - but I prefer songs one level more complex/clever.

Slickitude
Full disclosure - I know Smalltown personally. Great production - nice sounds, great vox. Vibraslap might be overdone.. great song - interesting structure and groove.

Paco del Stinko
Dig this right away off the top. Great riff! I like the way it comes back in teh chorus. I like the vocals the least here - but that's a small thing - the song is solid, it rocks well. Bass guitar could be a little more sub-ish. Oh nice way to get out of the solo section. This is well done.

Vas Deferens
heh. don't mind the drum sounds. Suspected this might be Leaf. He denies it.

Custom Casiotone Creations
Instrumental. Nothing overly smelly here - nothing really remarkable either. Nothing really to say. It's a thing that doesn't offend but that I wouldn't bother listening to again.

Hoblit
Bummer the snare is lost - or wait - is there a snare? - love the huge toms. Dig the rockin' riff. Vox are well matched to the tune - snotty little thing this song is. heh. Don't mind this in all its attitude. nice. Like always I wish for huger production - but that might not even work for a little ripper like this. :)
Merle Fyshwick
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Recording Method: Cubase, Korg MicroKey, Zoom H1, shit headphones.
Submitting as: The Magnetic Letters

Post by Merle Fyshwick »

Smalltown Mike wrote:
Merle Fyshwick wrote:and then... an Electric Six reference. Nice.
Actually, no — don't think there's any Electric Six reference. Which part?
My mistake! I was referring to the "ease the seat back" lyric, which I now realise Electric Six (I'm the Bomb) borrowed from Van Halen. I really like that line in the Electric Six song; it's unexpected and highlights what a selfish prick the protagonist is. It even inspired me to write about what a selfish man whore I am/could be with dedication.

Anyway, yours is also a great song; definitely in the top two.

M
Toby Roktot
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Drums
Recording Method: Zoom, two turntables and a microphone....
Submitting as: Toby Roktot

Post by Toby Roktot »

hoblit said...
Toby Rocket
: I suppose this is supposed to sound off-kilter. I don't always mind a messy production but this one sort of loses me. It sounds like something I might hear on an alt country rock station but it gets lost in its own folky bits. This song lacks the cohesiveness for me to stay on the ride. (pun intended in regards to this song lyrically) I think this there is talent here, it just sounds like you may have needed another day on this.

Hoblit, if i had a nickel every time i'm introduced as Toby Rocket , well.....otherwise you are spot on with your review. i was literally heading out the door and just had no time to do more. I wasn't going to submit but, Red came into the room and said she thought the recording was from the old rok tot days at malfunction junction. that convinced me to send it in....THAT is how most of the music i've made over the last 40 years sounds !!! Thanks for listening.

Paco, Leaf, Merle and thehipcola...thank you for the reviews and you are all correct. However, to thehipcola, Sister Mary Catherine was the only one to ever think I was charming !!!! lol thx agn.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Leaf? Hoblit? Am I having a flashback? :O
Hi!
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

jack wrote:Leaf? Hoblit? Am I having a flashback? :O
I don't know. Are you?

;)

ROCK!

Glenn Case
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

GlennCase wrote:
jack wrote:Leaf? Hoblit? Am I having a flashback? :O
I don't know. Are you?

;)

ROCK!

Glenn Case
and Gleen Freaking Case?! I must be having a flashback...
Hi!