Avengers: Infinity War

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Avengers: Infinity War

Post by Lunkhead »

Hmmmm... I felt like this movie was OK I guess? I just really didn't connect with Thanos and his whole motivation. His "logic" made no sense, and not in a compelling "He's so scary for seeing the world in such a sick crazy way" thing but just a wtf way. How does wiping out half the sentient beings in the universe "balance" anything...? What about all the people that already died? What about all the people to be born? Half of everybody right now, so what? Maybe I'm biased having read the comics and remembering his original motivation which I don't think would have translated (he was in love with the entity that embodied death and wanted to give her half the sentient beings in the universe to woo her) but I wish they'd come up with something that seemed more menacing. Anyway, the actors did a fine job, the effects were great, action was fine, etc. I really missed the Hulk though. I do think it's kind of novel that they left things the way they did and are going to leave such a HUGE audience of people hanging on a downbeat ending for a full year. Hearing that the next movie is going to involve time travel is not making me optimistic about how satisfying the resolution of this will be though.