Song Fight! Live 2019: Musicians Exchange

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Song Fight! Live 2019: Musicians Exchange

Post by Lunkhead »

fluffy said it best:
fluffy wrote:Here's a separate thread for us to make promises we may not be able to keep.
If you're looking for folks to help back you up in your set and/or participate with you in the live fight, post here!

If you are looking to help back folks up in their sets and/or participate with them in the live fight, post here!
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Re: Song Fight! Live 2019: Musicians Exchange

Post by Lunkhead »

I could pitch in on a couple of sets if anybody wants to try to throw something together. I will even learn your songs in advance, make and bring my own charts, etc. :) I am primarily a guitar player, secondarily a bass player, and less so a drummer, keyboard player, and backup vocalist.
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by owl »

I'm also happy to assist on anyone's sets as needed, although I'm not a particularly great musician, so keep your expectations low, haha. I can help with keyboard, backing vox, or (rhythm) guitar. Also, I would appreciate having chord charts provided and may still need to use a music stand with notes at the time of the show, depending on how much I'm trying to cram into my brain.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Using charts on stands at the show is absolutely par for the course. In fact, sight reading the charts at the show without having previously heard or learned the songs is also very common. :)
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

That's fine with me too, but results will obviously be superior with advance warning :)
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I am likely to be available as a mediocre drummer. Can't really guarantee that my wrists will be cooperating for anything else unfortunately (heck I might not even be able to play guitar on my own set, the way things are going lately...)

On that note, I'd appreciate someone to play some subset of bass, drums, keys, and rhythm guitar for me.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

I really only play guitar in front of people. I could probably fake bass if absolutely needed (and a bass showed up) but we all know what a guitarist who tries to play bass sounds like...
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Voice, accordion, keyboards, guitar, euphonium
Recording Method: StudioOne Artist / AudioBox USB
Submitting as: Micah Sommersmith, All The Robots
Pronouns: they/them or he/him

Post by MicahSommer »

Wow, it's July already and I have been completely forgetting to check the boards about SF Live. Bad form!

I can play keyboard or accordion for your set, or, in the event that terrorists take all the talented people hostage, guitar or bass.

I'd also be interested in guitar, bass and drums, and maybe backing vocals, for my set.
"you did a skillful job pulling off the sexy" - RangerDenni
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Ooh, Micah, we'd love to have you play accordion on one of our songs if you're game:

There's a little bit of my extremely rudimentary right-hand-only accordion playing in the interludes, and it could probably also benefit from some playing in the prechoruses and choruses to fill in for the Rhodes and slide guitar from the recording.

If you're interested I can share with you or send you a chart. It's not very complicated.
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove

Post by MicahSommer »

Lunkhead wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:28 am
Ooh, Micah, we'd love to have you play accordion on one of our songs if you're game:

There's a little bit of my extremely rudimentary right-hand-only accordion playing in the interludes, and it could probably also benefit from some playing in the prechoruses and choruses to fill in for the Rhodes and slide guitar from the recording.

If you're interested I can share with you or send you a chart. It's not very complicated.
Cool, I'd be happy to play on this one! Yes, send me a chord chart please. :)
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Lunkhead wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 pm
I could pitch in on a couple of sets if anybody wants to try to throw something together. I will even learn your songs in advance, make and bring my own charts, etc. :) I am primarily a guitar player, secondarily a bass player, and less so a drummer, keyboard player, and backup vocalist.
It turns out our other guitarist can't make it for this weekend after all, so we could use help with lead guitar on our set. Let me know if you'd be able to help us out!
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

owl wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 pm
Lunkhead wrote:
It turns out our other guitarist can't make it for this weekend after all, so we could use help with lead guitar on our set. Let me know if you'd be able to help us out!
Ooh, sounds like fun. I'm already feeling like I have maybe overextended myself for the amount of time I'm able to spend practicing stuff though. Do you have recordings of the songs you'd be playing? I could check them out and if I think I wouldn't do a terrible job I'd be interested.
owl
Panama

Post by owl »

Lunkhead wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:24 pm
owl wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 pm
Lunkhead wrote:
Ooh, sounds like fun. I'm already feeling like I have maybe overextended myself for the amount of time I'm able to spend practicing stuff though. Do you have recordings of the songs you'd be playing? I could check them out and if I think I wouldn't do a terrible job I'd be interested.
Sure. We are terribly behind with learning these so it may be a short set, in any case. I'll PM you...
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

My chronic pain issues are still being a problem for me and so I'd appreciate more folks being able to help me out if possible. I'm limiting myself mostly to songs which are the same few chords over and over again, if that helps. Bass and drums would be the most helpful.
MicahSommer
Push Comes to Shove

Post by MicahSommer »

I'd be happy to help out on your set, fluffy. I can play bass as long as you're not looking for super complex bass lines. I could play rhythm guitar or keyboard too.
fluffy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:35 pm
My chronic pain issues are still being a problem for me and so I'd appreciate more folks being able to help me out if possible. I'm limiting myself mostly to songs which are the same few chords over and over again, if that helps. Bass and drums would be the most helpful.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

MicahSommer wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 am
I'd be happy to help out on your set, fluffy. I can play bass as long as you're not looking for super complex bass lines. I could play rhythm guitar or keyboard too.
fluffy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:35 pm
Bass would be great! I’ve already got owl on keys. I’ll PM you my intended set list which I will probably be trimming down.

Thanks so much!
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

Fluffy, I can help with drums. I’m behind on all my tasks right now, but I’ll likely be better than I was last time I played drums for you.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Awesome! I’ll send you my set list stuff.