New Music Friday - 10/3/19

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

New Music Friday - 10/3/19

Post by ken »

I got a little derailed by the live stream from Hardly Strictly Bluegrass today, but I also listened to a new Post Malone collaboration that sounds like Linkin Park, the new Wilco album Ode to Joy, and new songs by Big Thief and the Who.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: New Music Friday - 10/3/19

Post by ujnhunter »

Well I've got the album on pre-order, but the vinyl doesn't come out until next month... but the digital version released today... Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' "Ghosteen". Which I'll assume is going to be pretty emotional... Side A is the children and Side B is the parents. If you aren't aware of the backstory, Nick lost one of his young teenage sons a few years back... I'll also probably checkout Gatecreeper's "Deserted", The Darkness' "Easter Is Cancelled" & Fred Rogers' "It's Such A Good Feeling" at some point here soon.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Oh, that dog. released a new album called Old LP. Pretty much the same as they ever were, which is a good thing.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

For three minutes and fifty seven seconds just now I forgot that anything was wrong in the world.

https://youtu.be/Ls7beLVsapc
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

It’s not new music by any definition, but...

After 20 years of vacillating back and forth between Dream it Down and Rushall Station, I can let you know that the Underground Lovers’ third album is indeed the one that is ‘better’....

....until I listen to Rushall Station again, perhaps?
.sig