Pyle SM57 Copy

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Pyle SM57 Copy

Post by ken »

Hi All,
Moving this conversation to a new thread. I recommended the PylePro PDMIC78 as a cheap and good sounding microphone. Below are a couple of quick clips I made so you can hear it on acoustic guitar and vocals. I tried to make an entry for this week's fight, but ran out of time. The acoustic guitar track is two takes hard panned left and right. I always move a little bit in between takes so that they don't sound exactly the same. It makes it sound better that way. I've not processed the acoustic and the vocal only has some auto-tune on it for my own vanity.

Pyle57-Vox.mp3
Pylepro PDMIAC78 Vocal
(921.15 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Pyle57-Acoustic.mp3
Pylepro PDMIC78 Acoustic Guitar
(921.15 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Re: Pyle SM57 Copy

Post by ujnhunter »

Interesting... that's pretty cheap. I wonder how it compares to the SM57 clone that I own... the Digital Reference DRI100 Dynamic Instrument Mic which I bought for $14.99 (it's $29.99 right now... but occasionally is a Stupid Deal of the Day). I have only used it once for recording the acoustic guitar intro on my very polarizing entry for Bend The Knee, but it seemed to do what I wanted. I have yet to test it out for micing a guitar cab... but I've recently acquired a ribbon mic that I had intended on trying out with said SM57 clone on a cab here shortly.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

ujnhunter wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 am
Interesting... that's pretty cheap. I wonder how it compares to the SM57 clone that I own... the Digital Reference DRI100 Dynamic Instrument Mic which I bought for $14.99 (it's $29.99 right now... but occasionally is a Stupid Deal of the Day). I have only used it once for recording the acoustic guitar intro on my very polarizing entry for Bend The Knee, but it seemed to do what I wanted. I have yet to test it out for micing a guitar cab... but I've recently acquired a ribbon mic that I had intended on trying out with said SM57 clone on a cab here shortly.
What’s the ribbon mic you bought? Would be interested on hearing a rundown of that.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

MXL R80 Ribbon Microphone is the microphone I ended up grabbing. It too was on sale. Though I think it's still the most expensive microphone I've bought... I have not tested it yet however, as I'm still waiting on a "dual microphone" mount so I can mount both the DRI100 and MXL R80 to try and mic up my Fender Performer 1000. The mount should arrive early next week... then I'll be able to give it a test run and perhaps be able to post some clips. Maybe my new "P90" style pickups will arrive too so I can do an A/B test at the same time. ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.