My Life

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: My Life

Post by fluffy »

I had a really good one on one with my manager today. I’m feeling a lot better about the way I feel at least.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drums, Guitars, Keys
Recording Method: Focusrite + FL Studio
Submitting as: Phl*b*
Pronouns: bruh
Location: Not super far from Atlanta but definitely not Atlanta

Post by sleepysilverdoor »

My wife got stung by a scorpion today. Not one of the deadly ones, but it still hurt like a motherfucker.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: i am mostly playing stringed ones, but I'll have a tilt at most
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory
Pronouns: he/him

Post by gizo »

Yesterday I survived via a YouTube of ocean sounds

Today I intend to survive by listening to ‘I am the Greatest’ and ‘I want too much’ by A House

Hope you’re all okay.
.sig
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Pop went to the ER this morning. He's back home sleeping. Seems to be his heart among other things. And apparently no Neurologist within 130 miles of him is taking on new patients with the current state of everything.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

Pigfarmer Jr wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:38 pm
Pop went to the ER this morning. He's back home sleeping. Seems to be his heart among other things. And apparently no Neurologist within 130 miles of him is taking on new patients with the current state of everything.
That's awful, is he okay now? And why a neurologist for heart?

In my news, my toddler insists on running a headlong towards poison ivy patches. So I've been spending a bit of time each day pulling as much as I can from the woods near my house.

My arms are so damn itchy.
"There's a lot to be said about a full-on frontal assault on the ear drums" - Pigfarmer Jr.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

re: Pop - Thanks for asking. They're not sure what it is, tbh. He's had a few tests and currently has a heart monitor for a week or so. AFib can contribute to stroke and stroke-like symptoms. He's had a series of mini-strokes before. Slurred speech, a lack of impulse control (swearing a TON when he usually doesn't etc.) So it could be heart related, it could be a stroke, it could be a combination of things.

On the plus side, most days he's much better. Once they have all the tests together they are supposed to see a neurologist in Springfield (100+ miles away from his home) as well as a return visit for his GP etc., locally.

Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

re: poison ivy - I've been averse to using weed killer around the house because of the dogs (my kids are out of the house.) But I've found that if you use it half a day or a day before a good solid rain that you'll minimize the risks. A good garden hose will do the trick as well.

That being said, if I had a young one playing there, I'd be pulling up weeds the old fashioned way as well.

irwin
Mean Street
Instruments: insecurity
Recording Method: scotch
Submitting as: suckweasel, kasper, nutwalls

Post by irwin »

Startin to get hot here. How are you all doing?
"Ouch. I wonder if this guy sounds like this when he speaks." -- Puce
gizo
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: my method is to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. My wall is made of Logic on an old iMac
Submitting as: gizo : rackwagon (with Toshiro) : Late Heavy Bombardment : Stacking Theory

Post by gizo »

irwin wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:39 pm
Startin to get hot here. How are you all doing?
Getting cold by our standards - down to 10 C.

Been working from home for about 8 weeks now, with 2 kids at school and a partner doing a Masters program - we're all starting to show cracks.

I'm not fussed about getting back to the office, but by crikey I need a holiday on a beach somewhere.
.sig
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

GIZO!

GIZO!

(Twice because five characters is not enough.)
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
crumpart
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Fuzz
Submitting as: Hot Pink Halo
Pronouns: She/her

Post by crumpart »

This morning I got to speak to my best friend on the phone for ten minutes. We’ve seen each other in person for approximately three hours over the past three years, and he is notoriously hard to pin down on the phone and avoids social media. Sure, we mostly talked about work, but I don’t care. I need to lock myself out of the work mailchimp account more often.
Devil’s got me Lindt! Devil’s got me Lindt!
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

We're having a hot few days, but for us that's ~85°F with low humidity and usually at least a slight breeze. No air conditioning in our apartment, which is the whole top floor of a not-at-all-insulated house, so we get sun on our place all day long. We're managing with fans and stuff.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

Woke up with a tick on my hip. Jerk!
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Mid 80's (F) the past couple of days. The woman (erm, wife) wanted the air conditioning turned on yesterday morning and I wanted to wait a bit. So we turned on the air conditioning yesterday morning. It was 84 in the office when I arrived at work this morning so I went ahead and turned it on there as well. AC all around it seems.

re: Pop - Doing better, more doctor appointments, but I was able to visit this weekend for the first time since Christmas. Great visit but too short. Saw Mom, too. And the wicked step mother (as she's been calling herself for 30 years.) It was a good visit.

gizo
Push Comes to Shove

Post by gizo »

crumpart wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:09 pm
GIZO!

GIZO!

(Twice because five characters is not enough.)
CRUMPET!!
.sig
gizo
Push Comes to Shove

Post by gizo »

We had people in our house last night, for the first time since Crumpet and Toshiro left in late March. It was unusual, but nice.

Also we drank some boozy ginger beer so that was fun.
.sig
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Seattle's a fucking war zone

also a friend will be stayng with me for the next week, so that'll be nice, unless it's very much not
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

oh also I've been in the worst pain flareup of my life for the past 10 days (bad enough that I went to the ER when it started because I thought I was literally dying), so that's awesome
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by owl »

Stay safe, fluffy, and I hope the pain goes away soon.

Shit is getting bad here in Madison too. Apparently someone drove a flaming police car down my street. Tear gas, fires, looting, someone stole an AR-15 from a cop car... I’m safe at home right now, but I don’t know how things will look later since I live less than a mile from the worst of it downtown. Apparently someone was threatening to bring in 50 “edgy boys” from rural towns around Madison to “wipe out the demonstrators” around 10-11 pm. Not sure if that part is real. But there’s definitely a lot of chaos unfolding here.
sleepysilverdoor
Ice Cream Man

Oh hey, Gizo's back! Are you gonna write us a tune this week? :D And Fluffy, sorry about your pain and local chaos. Atlanta's pretty bad at the moment too, but fortunately I'm 30 miles away (I actually don't like Atlanta much for many reasons, but right now not having to deal with riots near my house is nice...my town's mostly conservative retirees and yuppies, thin blue line, all that shit). Fibromyalgia, right?
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

This flareup doesn't seem to be fibro but who knows, fibro's weird. All I know is I had a minor blood clot in my leg, and when I treated that I started getting an intense pain in my shoulder which spread to my whole arm and it feels different than fibro pain but it isn't an embolism, and it was accompanied by severe muscle tension. I've been on painkillers and muscle relaxants for the last week and while that helps a bit, it's only a bit. I've been barely able to do anything I enjoy.
gizo
Push Comes to Shove

Post by gizo »

Oh wow - I haven't been paying much attention to the outside world. I'm really sorry to hear what's happening, and I hope you're all keeping well and taking care of the people you can. Be safe.

Fluffy - there's nohing I can do form here but send you virtual hugs and well wishes. I hope the way out of this shows up real soon for you :(

As for music - who knows. Lollypops has stolen my laptop for schooling from home, and I'm still flat out with work. And now there's no gaps between work and home it's harder to find anything. But I have at least written a couple of rhymes for outside....
.sig