Deals On Gear and Software

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Br-900CD and Reaper to mix
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Deals On Gear and Software

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Turns out, I lied. I actually have the AC. Explains why I like it so much.

On a separate note, anyone check out the Harley Benton 2x12 cab for $200 plus shipping (245 ish total)with real celestions? Cheaper than the speakers. I've seen good reviews. Although I should probably stop spending money at some point.
Evil Grin bandcamp - Evil Grin spotify
T.C. Elliott bandcamp - T.C. Elliott spotify

"PigFramer: Guy and guitar OF MY NIGHTMARES." - Blue Lang
owl
Panama
Instruments: vox keys uke guitar
Recording Method: REAPER
Submitting as: Vowl Sounds, miscellaneous owl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by owl »

Lunkhead wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am
I pulled the trigger on this deal ... and also on the upsell "only $10" Sweetwater t-shirt which I absolutely do NOT need haha.
I just bought this as well. Not the t-shirt, though, I’m on a budget.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

So... this should go here, I think? If you own Celemony Melodyne 4 Essential (the base, cheapest version...) open it up... hit "Check for updates" and it will bring you to the Celemony website and should let you Upgrade to Celemony Melodyne 5 Essential which is leaps and bounds better, for FREE. I don't know if it's a glitch, or on purpose, or what... but other editions Assistant $49, Editor $99, etc... are the Upgrade prices... so again... if you have the base version "Essential" you may be in for a FREE upgrade.

Edit: YMMV? As Pigfarmer Jr. has alluded to, this is perhaps only available to certain people who have recently purchased Essential? I had a version of Essential with one of my iZotope Music Production packages that I was able to upgrade from 4 to 5 for free... so I'm not entirely sure who can get the FREE upgrade and who can't, but it's worth looking into if you own 4.
Last edited by ujnhunter on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump
Submitting as: Pigfarmer Jr, Evil Grin, Pork Producer, Gilmore Lynette Tootle, T.C. Elliott

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

I think they were advertising the free upgrade if you've purchased 4 (relatively) recently. It's been a couple of days since I read the offer, though. And my mind is feeling less than dependable this week, so...

jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Post by jast »

If you have Essential, the update is free.
If you have another edition and purchased/registered after 1 March, the update is free.
In any other case:
Assistant $49
Editor $99
Studio $149

And yes, the changes look very convincing...
grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

A small heads-up for Reaper users: I ran into a Melodyne 5 issue that wasn't happening with 4. Ultimately, it had to do with the HIDPI setting in Reaper. In fact, the instability of Reaper's ARA before the upgrade was hindering my Nur Ein game, so... maybe I should move to a new DAW.
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

What version of Reaper are you using? I'm still stuck on 5.9x because my license was only good through the end of 5.xx and also I'm to lazy to download the new shit. I've heard of a couple of issues with 6.xx but I didn't pay much attention because I'm not there yet.

grumpymike
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Rage and curmudgeonry
Recording Method: Zero-turn lawnmower
Submitting as: Grumpy Mike

Post by grumpymike »

6. Usually on the latest.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop

Post by ujnhunter »

Plugin Boutique has Ozone Elements 9 free...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products ... 9-Elements

Use Coupon – "FreeOzone"

Valid until 23:59 PST on the 30th June
-Ujn Hunter
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Anyone looking to upgrade their vocal mic should check out today SDotD. I recommended this mic at full price to a friend who bought it and loves it. You get it for a third off!

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Warm Audio WA-47jr-BLK FET Black Condenser Microphone Black

The WA-47jr is a FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic 47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments and other sources.

The WA-47jr uses a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. This capsule is manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeatability that defines the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true 47-style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic 47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag.

The WA-47jr circuit uses high-quality Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and simpler than the classic 47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch and have a memorable sound quality.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

While Amplitube isn't the greatest Amp Sim around... it's not "bad" and if you have an IK Multimedia account and subscribe to their email list... go to your User Area and redeem Amplitube Metal for free until July 15th. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... tmetalfree

Here is a link to what's included ($99 value): https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... php?p=gear

In AmpliTube Metal you get:
5 Amps
14 Pedals
13 Cabinets
9 Rack Effects
6 Mics
-Ujn Hunter
jast
Ice Cream Man

Post by jast »

If you need a workhorse software synth, you may want to look into SynthMaster, which is currently on sale. I haven't used it myself but I hear it's extremely flexible if you're willing to put in the effort (and put up with a quite complex user interface).
If you get SynthMaster Player + the crossgrade to SynthMaster, as sold on Plugin Boutique, you're looking at a total of £29/€32/$38 (give or take).

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=6767

PS. currently any purchase at Plugin Boutique includes Reason Lite Rack Plugin for free, too.
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... /undulator

Eventide Undulator, only $19 - all desktop purchases go to charity!

Magical Modulated Tremolo

Undulator is Eventide’s classic modulated tremolo effect from the iconic H3000 effects processor. This unique, rhythmic effect combines ethereal feedback and detuned echos, run through an AM / FM modulated tremolo. Whether used for manipulating samples or adding movement to strings, pads, guitars, and keys, Undulator is a muse for creative musicians. Add Undulator into your plug-ins collection for the most playable tremolo-style effect on your DAW or iOS device.
100% Proceeds to Charity

Eventide Audio is committed to supporting the fight against systemic racism and violence. We embrace diversity and seek equality, justice, inclusion, and dignity for all. We hope that you will join us by listening, learning, and taking action. We stand in unity with the Black community and will take action by donating to organizations that support justice and social change. Eventide will be donating 100% of the proceeds of the Undulator desktop plug-in to the Equal Justice Initiative & NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Post by Lunkhead »

Izotop RX Elements is on sale for $29, which is $100 off. This plugin is for audio "repair" operations.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/rx-elements.html

Here's a comparison of features by version of RX so you see what you get in the cheap version, scroll up for descriptions of the features:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/ ... .html#comp
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

Reverb.com has a bunch of free sample packs. This one seems particularly interesting as it is 50 classic drum machines for FREE: https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection

jast
Ice Cream Man

Post by jast »

Until 3 November, IK Multimedia are selling their biggest bundle (Total Studio 2 MAX) for 75% off. Normally $/€999.99, currently $/€249.99. Includes their symphonic orchestra, the guitar amp stuff and various other instruments. Full list of the major products: AmpliTube 4 MAX, T-RackS 5 MAX (mastering), SampleTank 4 SE, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Syntronik. To save slightly more, first get e.g. Classic T-RackS Compressor for $/€49.99 and then Total Studio 2 MAX Crossgrade for $/€179.99 for a total of $/€229.98. (VAT not included)
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index ... acular2020

In case you already have iZotope's Music Production Suite 3, the upgrade to 4 (newly including RX 8 Standard which has improved music rebalance and a new guitar denoising thingy; a slightly fancier Nectar with new tools for vocal clarity in the mix; StutterEdit 2; and NeoVerb, an adaptive reverb) is currently discounted from $299 to $199, until 9 November.
ken
Hot for Teacher

Post by ken »

Hi All,
Saw that the Shure 215 in ear earphones on sale for $55. I have a pair of these and think they sound great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7JB2R1/

Amazon has the Shure SE215 Wired Sound Isolating Earphones (Gen2) for a low $55.00 Free Shipping. This is originally $124, so you save 55% off.

jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

Big free iOS GarageBand update:

New audio recordings can be quickly started from the Home screen by touching and holding the GarageBand app icon

Maximum song length at default tempo has been increased from 23 to 72 minutes

The ruler now offers an option to switch from musical bars and beats to minutes and seconds

New downloadable “Keyboard Collection” sound pack includes over 150 keyboard loops and 50 instrument patches like pianos, organs, and electric pianos
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I’ve been using the new keyboard patches and gosh I wish they’d get added to Logic too. It’s so weird how Apple keeps on putting stuff in GarageBand which isn’t available to the pro users.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

They seem to lag— like the loop playback stuff came to Logic a few months after GB got it
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
jast
Ice Cream Man

Post by jast »

Until 2 Dec, Celemony is offering Melodyne 5 Essential for 50% off (€49 instead of €99), and the upgrade from Essential to Assistant (which has all features except the polyphonic ones) for 33% off (€99 instead of €149).
Pigfarmer Jr
Jump

Post by Pigfarmer Jr »

Erm, I have the $150 it would take to get to Assistant. But I don't have much extra and sales will be popping coming up in less than a week on all sorts of good things. What to do?