Universal Audio LUNA Digital Audio Workstation - Now available free for Mac users – no UA hardware required.

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Universal Audio LUNA Digital Audio Workstation - Now available free for Mac users – no UA hardware required.

Post by ken »

Universal Audio LUNA Digital Audio Workstation - Now available free for Mac users – no UA hardware required

This is likely a Garageband slayer. Check it out if you are a Mac user.

https://www.uaudio.com/luna.html
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots

Re: Universal Audio LUNA Digital Audio Workstation - Now available free for Mac users – no UA hardware required.

Post by Lunkhead »

Whoa, for free, no hardware required?! That's pretty surprising. Of course you have to give them your email, but, that's pretty standard for "free" offers these days. I had heard LUNA was a little odd when it first came out. But I'm curious to see how it compares to GarbageBand and full fledged $$$ DAWs like Cubase.
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Re: Universal Audio LUNA Digital Audio Workstation - Now available free for Mac users – no UA hardware required.

Post by Lunkhead »

Oh, I guess beyond just giving them your email to be spammed you need to set up an account with them (which I already did for those recent free plugin giveaways).
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

And you need to install their UA Connect app. Again, sadly pretty standard practice for audio software providers these days.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Lunkhead wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:51 am
And you need to install their UA Connect app. Again, sadly pretty standard practice for audio software providers these days.
I actually prefer this method of installing software as you'll always be up to date or know when bug fixes have happened instead of just having to randomly check websites or hope that companies email you (I get too many emails already as it is...), you can just run a few Apps every couple of months or something and you'll know if you're up to date or not.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

That sort of thing is fine unless they set themselves to launch at startup and expect to have something present in your control header at all times. :P It's like, gimme my cycles back I don't need to keep track of Izotope updates right now
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Lunkhead
You're No Good

Post by Lunkhead »

Yes, and I hate when they override the Command-Q shortcut to just hide their stupid app instead of quitting it, or they completely remove the shortcut, to make it so that you think you've stopped the thing or haven't or that you can't quit it.