HANDCLAPS!

Talk about how awesome the new _______ album is.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: HANDCLAPS!

Post by JonPorobil »

fodroy wrote:
mkilly wrote:
fodroy wrote: does anyone else find this extremely odd? it's cool, but it just seems like it defeats the purpose of being on a record label. they should just join up with dirt cheap music or something.
I dunno. Not so weird. It gets the music out there and if you dig it you can buy the album and support the band, and it gets the word out so you go see the live show when it's near, and you buy the t-shirt and whatever. Unconventional but sensible.
it may pay off in the long run, but they must have a lot of confidence in their artists to do something like that. i for one don't plan on buying the album and i doubt if they'll ever tour near me. central indiana gets shit for shows.
They're coming to Gambier this month. :idea:
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

so, why do you guys have to steal all of the good shows? all muncie gets is shitty country artists
supernipple
A New Player

Post by supernipple »

it can go either way i think just like anything else...genius or cheese (or in between).

for a great example of good handclapping, check "Politics, Music, and Drugs" by Slowreader (who you should check out anyway if you don't know them). They only have one album and this is the first song from it if i remember correctly. the handclapping doesn't come in until close to the end of the song and it fits perfectly. Slowreader is Rory and Gabe formerly from The Impossibles if you know them (which you also should if you don't). They're both on (or were on) the fueled by ramen label.