producer(s) wanted: leaving lyon

Organize yourselfs.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

hmm, my rar-unpacker says the everybody now files are prematurely cut off and won't work. ack! can somebody try some rars and see if it's me?
thanks
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

Post by drë »

HeuristicsInc wrote:hmm, my rar-unpacker says the everybody now files are prematurely cut off and won't work. ack! can somebody try some rars and see if it's me?
thanks
-bill
no bill i had the same problem , with all the rar's i downloaded, so i kind off just gave up, and forgot about this .
could off been my agent(win ace), might work with Winrar or something else.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

HeuristicsInc wrote:hmm, my rar-unpacker says the everybody now files are prematurely cut off and won't work. ack! can somebody try some rars and see if it's me?
thanks
-bill
early on i had some uploading woes with the ftp command line. i noticed some files (i believe "everybody now") were too small. so, i've re-uploaded them. just to be sure, i've gone back and double-checked. for the .WAV files, at least, they're all the right size and contain all the right files.

njm
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

bloody ftp...

ok, so here's the the scoop. i haven't used ftp for a long, long time. thus, i kind of suck at it. thus, most the .WAVs were transfered via ASCII (kids, don't try this at home). thus, they LOOK like they're the right size, but no, no in fact they are not complete.

grr.

so, i'm fixing. the files for "everybody now" are GOOD. i downloaded and double-checked them myself. for the rest, i'll get to them today. sorry for the screw ups (btw, the 320 bps .MP3 files have always been good.) and thanks again to everyone!

njm
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

all the files for 'Soupirs' work fine (except the text file - i can probably do without that.) How much do you want me to meddle? My initial plan is just to tidy up the mix, make things sharper and fuller, but not add anything or 'remix' it in any way (excpet making it shorter)... if you want more let me know. Otherwise I should have it done for you today. Do you want it back as a WAV, or an MP3

j$
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

j$ wrote:all the files for 'Soupirs' work fine (except the text file - i can probably do without that.) How much do you want me to meddle? My initial plan is just to tidy up the mix, make things sharper and fuller, but not add anything or 'remix' it in any way (excpet making it shorter)... if you want more let me know. Otherwise I should have it done for you today. Do you want it back as a WAV, or an MP3
j$
the files you got were from my server, so they should be ok.

as for the song, just a clean up would be fine. sometimes that's all a tune needs, especially since fiddling with the files for "les soupirs" is difficult, i'm sure.

if you think a .WAV file will preserve the music better, go ahead with that. otherwise, you can go with the smaller .MP3.
Last edited by nyjm on Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Yeah, I like the song as is. Sometimes less is more. I'm toying with adding a bassline, apart from that it's pretty sweet without fiddling ... we shall see

j$
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

so, there's a week left before folks begin leaving here. how are things coming along?
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

I'm all but done, actually. Just need to add a little background ambience. I think I have highlighted and accuentuated a very nice tune, so pleased with how it's coming. It's very fluide glacial :)

I can't remember - how do you want the finished file? What format, where should I send it &c?

j$
nyjm
Ice Cream Man

Post by nyjm »

j$ wrote:I can't remember - how do you want the finished file? What format, where should I send it &c?
either .WAV or .MP3 is fine. if it's not too big, you can send it to my email:

njm148@yahoo.com

or just post a link and i'll let you know when i've downloaded it.