QUADRA CANADA SHOW REPORT

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

QUADRA CANADA SHOW REPORT

Post by Leaf »

SOS-Shades of Black
15-16 -Unless I change my Mind
Abominimonous - Romantic Cheapskate
Abominominous- Nicely Toasted
The BeWells - June Bug
Boltoph - God Will Give You Blood To Drink
Boltoph - Me the Merciless
Boon Liver - Chance
DefAuthor - Say The Word
Doctor Worm -Quentin Tarantino
Dylan Nau - Fire Bomb
Dylan Nau - Promis is a Promis
Eddie Bangs -What's in it for Me
Frontalittle Squad-Zombie Son
Glen Case and Eddie Bangs -Take a Pill
Hell Yeahs -A Promise is a Promise
Henrietta and the Hostage - Accross the Dusty Plains
HOstess Mostess -Pasty White Man
Jack Daniels (SHITE)-Nicely Toated
Jack Shite - Blue Signal
Jack Shite - under the wagon
Josh Woodward- Shes on My Mind
Josh Woodward - Toronto Star
Ken's superduper band and stuff
Leaf62 and Joe Skogan - Third String
Loyalty Day - What's in it for me...
Max the CAt- Danger Bus
Molsen Twins - Pasty White Man
Octothorpe - Bullseye Girl
Octothorpe - Tiny Guns
Octothorpe - Don't Dance
Hedefine - Hope your Ok
Puce - There are so many possibilities
Redcar-Moscow Idaho
Redcar-Why Try Flying
sissyfist - a day in the life
Smalltown Mike - Mean to Me
Sweetleaves -Skyline (octothorpe cover)
The Bloody Hams - gift with purchase

So yesterday and last night I did sound for a Canada Day Celebration at the REbecca Spit on Quadra Island. The show featured some guitar/vocal groups, a dog/clown show, belly dancers (like 20 of them dancing to techno) four bands, speakers, politicians, one band was using a tuba as teh bass for rollingstone tunes....

It was quite the job. I only have a 16 channel board, but I did have thee 1200 watt amps so I had no problem pumping it out there! Dana left when it started raining, and we live about 5 km from the spit, but up...and the speakers pointed in that direction. She told me she could hear it clear as a bell...quoted things the MC said, and when my cover band played she could hear it like the radio was on 4....heh heh. Then there was a huge fire works show that we blasted some classical for...

In between acts and during set up, I and my assistant played the above songs. Somehow Octothorpe's Bullseye Girl got played three times... and some songs got played in snippets...and I wasn't able to assemble all the tunes I wanted to ...so some of you all didn't get on this...but I'm gonna do this from now on. So, if I'm doing sound or playing a gig where I can play tunes in between, SF songs are on the bill!

My band was talking about covering some SF tunes too...but nothing written in stone, and we'll pm anyone and make sure it's cool first if we do.

Anyway... it was neat to see people grooving to these tunes, not knowing who it was. I was running around a lot due to the constant change in micing requirements and teh subsequent gain changes... I do not wish a sound gig like this on anyone. So... there you have it. (Hearing Octothorpe for the first time on quadra blasting out of 4 18 subs and 4 twin ten topends was pretty cool. )

I was for somereason worried that people would come up and be all like "damn, that ain't ccr what cha trying to do boy??" But ...they didn't.

Lowlight of the show: when at the start of the bands segment ( a jazz trio, a rock band featuring a blind female singer who is 15 ish, a weird cover band that uses horns for guitar parts...kinda cool, and my cover band..pretty straight forward stuff) but anyway...it started to POUR! My gear was covered up...but the speakers weren't... making me SUPER nervous. But no body got electrocuted...nothing seemed to get damaged

and that's my report.