Mission: Impossible III

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
raisedbywolves
Alpaca

Mission: Impossible III

Post by raisedbywolves »

Whoa! So awesome!

J.J. Abrams, I love your crazy seat-of-the-pants action style. I'm sorry I didn't watch Alias. I liked M:I 2 a lot too, and I know... I'm about the only one. But it was a lot better than the first, which was three action scenes, separated by boring plotting and Emilio Estevez. But this one is the best. It's much nastier than the other two, and actually has some surprises up its sleeve. A

P.S. J.J., I'm really not that sorry about Alias. I was just saying that to be nice. I like what I've seen of Lost, though.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
jb
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

I got caper overload. It got to where I just didn't care about the planning and execution of each set-piece thing. I think I'm with the critics on this one. B-
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Bjam
Grok
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I liked this quite a bit. But one thing kinda irked me. (Spoilers, obviously)

I thought you weren't meant to give CPR if they weren't breathing. Aren't you meant to AED? The electric shock should have made his insides nice and toasty, no? I spent the whole time in that dramatic minute thinking about that, which kinda ruined it for me.
What chance does the person (on whom I perform CPR) have of surviving?
If you do CPR on a person whose heart has stopped beating there is a 30% chance the person will live if a defibrillator can arrive within several minutes to shock the heart.
He shouldn't have survived. But then it's a movie. And miracles happen in movies. :)

That said, it was a kick ass movie. It got kinda... repetitious toward the end, and the big reveal was kinda eh for me. But seeing it with the DLP was just, mhmmm. :)
Songfighter since back in the day.
jute gyte
Mixtral

Post by jute gyte »

I kept thinking that the guy who wrote the script probably had a really fun time.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

Obviously, because she was a nurse, she could get around all that 'real life' stuff.

Yeah, i saw this the other day. Not bad, I quite liked it. It was good to see a story that didn't revolve around a weapon/object but around a cast of characters. I liked that it was never revealed what the Rabbits Foot was.

Also, watching Tom Crusie run is like watching a tiny locomotive power along. Did you see the veins stickout out? Wow.
Sober
Grok
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

This movie stands between I and II as far as quality goes. II being dogshit, and I being whatever the opposite of dogshit is.

I didn't fully grasp everything that went on in the first one until I played all the way through the game. God that game rocked.
🤠