Monster House

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Monster House

Post by raisedbywolves »

...is oh so cool. See it in 3-D if you can. I've never seen an animated movie so realistically capture the rhythms and movements of kids. They let these kids be weird and real, and let them get into real, scary danger. It feels like an 80's movie, before they erased the guns and put in walkie-talkies. <b>A</b>
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

There was a father and his son, probably about 5 or 6 years, coming out of the local movie theatre on Friday night, obviously having just seen Monster House. I was waiting for the walk sign at the traffic lights with them, and overheard this conversation. (All said while gesturing with big wide arm motions.)

"You were scared, Dad, go on, admit it, you were scared, it's okay if you're scared, it's tooootally fine, you're just a girl is all. Just like Megan. But shes a baby, so it's alright for her to be scared, you're kiiiiiinda weird for being scared. But it's tooootally okay with me, okay? Because it's fiiiiine. Really." Then he cracked up laughing. Pretty cute.
Songfighter since back in the day.
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I was a scared little baby girl watching this. Jagged wood is a fear of mine. Anyway, this was a great movie. Hilarious, scary even, and pretty adult. A diablo martini - a devil of a good time.
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Was definitely worth the trip to King of Prussia to see it in 3-D. Very fun.
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

Excellent, excellent, excellent...and definitely try and catch the 3D. Very worthwhile
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."