My friend's going on Jeopardy!

Blab about the Boob Tube.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

My friend's going on Jeopardy!

Post by roymond »

Actually, he's the second friend to go on. The other was a 5 time champion. I saw it live at the Rockefeller Center studio in 1972. I figure it's the most intelligent game show that's been on TV, so it's fun to see these guys do this.

Saturday night there's a dinner at his house and we have to bring 6 Jeopardy style categories and answers to get him in the swing of things. My wife and I are probably doing some art history, US history, and some pop culture, but I'd like to get some good $500 and double Jeopardy challenges going. What would you bring?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I am a self-proclaimed King of Trivia. I go to Pub Trivia nights - I always win. I never lose. NEVER! I have been to auditions for gameshows here - Sale of the Century and more recently Temptation - I always pass all of their tests easily - but they never put me on telly. Bastards. I think they fear me.

I can pretty much cover all bases - my only weak points would be popular culture - because I don't see many new movies or telly shows

We used to have a lot of trivia nights when I lived in Kiribati, and the US Peace Corps kiddies would come along. :lol: Bloody hell they were stupid! They seemed smart kids - but they seemed to know absolutely nothing about the world outside the USA! It really is no surprise everyone thinks Americans are ignorant. Because it was an international crowd of people from all over the place - the questions would usually be skewed towards American culture, because it is a bit of a lingua franca - but the Peace Cops still always came last!
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

Have him listen to the whole archive at Podquiz.com. He may not need the audio questions as much but the other categories for sure.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

God, I love Jeopardy so much.
Songfighter since back in the day.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

There used to be an on-line Jeopardy you could play - don't know if it is still there, but it was a lot of fun
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, aging iMac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Not what you're looking for Roy, but I just thought I'd mention that Brad Rutter is an alumnus of the high school where I teach. People seem to think that's a big deal.