Song Fight Presents in Pennsylvania- April 1, 2006

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
frankie big face
DALL-E
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, Mac
Submitting as: frankie big face
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Alright alright...

Post by frankie big face »

adjuster wrote: We're gonna stay around the Philly area on Sunday and try and find something "touristy" to do (Eastern State Penn., at the least).
Might I suggest the "Body Worlds" exhibit at the Franklin Institute? It's a little expensive, but how often to you get to see platicized bodies in unusual positions? And there are only three exhibits like it in the world (Philadelphia, Toronto, and now Houston). I haven't seen it yet myself, but my wife and I are going the day after the show.
Niveous
Gemini
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

4 exhibits- they have it in New York.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
feldspar
Alpaca
Recording Method: Mostly gin

Post by feldspar »

I saw it in New York a few weeks ago! Yeah, definitley check it out if you can.
Eric Y.
Grok

Post by Eric Y. »

frankie big face wrote:Might I suggest the "Body Worlds" exhibit at the Franklin Institute?
plus the franklin itself is one of the best science-oriented places i've ever gone to, if you're into that sort of thing.
(if memory serves correctly -- it's been many many years since i'd been there, like eighth grade i think).
Niveous
Gemini

Post by Niveous »

Anyone wanna split a hotel room?
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
feldspar
Alpaca
Recording Method: Mostly gin

Post by feldspar »

Hey, so I was originally planning on arriving mid-Saturday afternoon, but I think I'm going to try to come Friday instead so I can get in on any group plans or anything that's going on. And so I don't get lost on the train and show up late.

So if anyone's looking for a dinner date or someone to hang out with, the lady and I would be much obliged. I mean, please don't make us spend the evening lying around the motel watching TV.
frankie big face
DALL-E
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, Mac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Niveous wrote:4 exhibits- they have it in New York.
oh. according to the website, there are only three official Body Worlds exhibitions, with Body Worlds 2 apparently now in Denver (after being in Toronto). There are lost of copycat exhibits and I think you may have seen one of those. HORRORS! :shock:
Bjam
Grok
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I'll post tomorrow where/when we'll meet if any of you're up for dinner on Friday night.

(If anyone is sans-car, we should be able to give you a ride to/from dinner, just gimme a call or PM.)
Songfighter since back in the day.
Brick Pig
Llama
Instruments: Acoustic Guitar
Recording Method: M-Audio 410 into GarageBand (if I actually ever recorded anything)
Submitting as: Brick Pig

Post by Brick Pig »

frankie big face wrote:
Niveous wrote:4 exhibits- they have it in New York.
oh. according to the website, there are only three official Body Worlds exhibitions, with Body Worlds 2 apparently now in Denver (after being in Toronto). There are lost of copycat exhibits and I think you may have seen one of those. HORRORS! :shock:
True.

The exhibition in NYC is officially named "Bodies -- The Exhibition," and I have seen no mention of that Gunther von Hagen guy's name in any of the press about it. (He's apparently responsible for the "real" Body Worlds shows.)

Still, you see one museumful of unusually-posed plasticized human remains, you've seen 'em all.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

For those of you around on Friday:

Friday, 6pm, Minella's Diner in Wayne.
Crates
Llama
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, alto saxophone, synth kits, vocals and beatbox
Recording Method: Ableton, Launchpad, Korg KP3, AT 2020, Yeti Blue, FL, Reason, Logic, Audacity, various instruments
Submitting as: MMMC / Guitarotica / SmaBoi

Post by Crates »

Hello again everyone... sorry about the wicked late response. Our main PC exploded (LITERALLY exploded, with an audible bang, a very dead power supply and a fried mobo thanks to a power surge in our 80 year old house). I'm still waiting on a replacement mobo so I can do diagnostics to find out if my 1.5 Terabytes of pirated data is intact -- that computer held five years of the very best data the Intarweb had to offer, and I can't imagine what life would be like if it was all gone. *shudder*

It's because of this minor mishap that we missed out on competing on "The Stink" (which is a tragedy, because Deacon and I feel we would have cleaned house with our version of the song), and this is also the reason we've been unavailable.

So here is a late reply to all the relevant stuff we've missed replying on:

Bjam wrote:Okay, Crates, you didn't tell me what name you want on the poster, soooo no name. We're gonna print some off tomorrow and put them around town. It'll be fun.
Totally okay with that. The name's MMMC, by the way. It's sad that we won't have any promo material to remember the night by, but we'll be sure to take lots of pictures. Let us know if nobody's planned to bring drunk, eligible hotties to this event: we will personally lead the crusade across town at 5PM to collect every eligible piece of tail in a 20 mile radius, and then make them pay a $5 cover charge to you guys. Any artist who comes with us on our crusade is guaranteed to get laid or your money back.

(Offer does not apply to candidates crippled, mentally retarded, or otherwise hideously disfigured in some way. Void where prohibited.)

Niveous wrote:It's an a church. We SO need a gospel choir. I can play Gangsta's Paradise. Anyone wanna do some Coolio?
YES.

Niveous wrote:Anyone wanna split a hotel room?
We did a horrible jaerb of planning for this event, and we're willing to own up to it. Therefore, we will graciously provide compensation in the form of money, or hot sundry Pennsylvanian tail, or various narcotics to any kind artist that would let us sleep on their hotel room floor surreptitiously. We promise that the hotel staff will not find out. If they do, we promise to find a suitable place to dump their bodies.

I guess that about covers it. PM me with anything important. We're also going to need to know exactly how far we can push the envelope here, seeing as how it's a church, and that we tend to get... a little carried away with our props and outfits and whatnot when we're on stage.

Oh, one more thing-- What time slot do we have again?
jb
Stable Diffusion
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

frankie big face wrote:
adjuster wrote: We're gonna stay around the Philly area on Sunday and try and find something "touristy" to do (Eastern State Penn., at the least).
Might I suggest the "Body Worlds" exhibit at the Franklin Institute? It's a little expensive, but how often to you get to see platicized bodies in unusual positions? And there are only three exhibits like it in the world (Philadelphia, Toronto, and now Houston). I haven't seen it yet myself, but my wife and I are going the day after the show.
Atlanta has this right now: http://www.atlantaciviccenter.com/events/bodies.htm

Creeeeeepy.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

Crates wrote:It's sad that we won't have any promo material to remember the night by, but we'll be sure to take lots of pictures.
We can give you guys a poster and you can sharpie in your name and keep that :P
Crates wrote:Let us know if nobody's planned to bring drunk, eligible hotties to this event: we will personally lead the crusade across town at 5PM to collect every eligible piece of tail in a 20 mile radius, and then make them pay a $5 cover charge to you guys.
Uh. Wayne's kinda quiet. Not so many elligible hotties, let alone drunk ones. High, slutty teenagers, sure, but not in abundance.
Crates wrote:We're also going to need to know exactly how far we can push the envelope here, seeing as how it's a church, and that we tend to get... a little carried away with our props and outfits and whatnot when we're on stage.
Not that far.
Crates wrote:What time slot do we have again?
9-9:15
Crates
Llama
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard, alto saxophone, synth kits, vocals and beatbox
Recording Method: Ableton, Launchpad, Korg KP3, AT 2020, Yeti Blue, FL, Reason, Logic, Audacity, various instruments
Submitting as: MMMC / Guitarotica / SmaBoi

Post by Crates »

Bjam wrote:We can give you guys a poster and you can sharpie in your name and keep that :P
Done.

Bjam wrote:Uh. Wayne's kinda quiet. Not so many elligible hotties, let alone drunk ones. High, slutty teenagers, sure, but not in abundance.
We'll make do.

Bjam wrote:Not that far.
Damn. Deacon had his heart set on a bunch of live trees on stage, complete with a fistful of fatties to throw at the audience while he blazed from a four foot glass piece. Guess he's gonna be cryin himself to sleep tonight.

Still, this is going to kick all kinds of ass.
Bjam
Grok

Post by Bjam »

Incase anyone still needed a hotel, I just pulled these from google for Jacob Lynn. They're all as cheap as I can find. (Motel 6 is full up according to the website)

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/ ... otel=PA254
MainStay Suites. Wouldn't give me a rate.

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/ ... 1yigP4gg.8
Sleep Inn. $89.99 for Friday night. $99.99 for Saturday night.

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/ ... 1yigP4gg.8
Comfort Inn. $79.99/night for one double bed. $84.99/night if you want two double beds

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PHLVF/main.wnt
Wyndham. $83/night. Looks like you need to book online to get that rate though.
stueym
DeepMind
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Post by stueym »

Bjam wrote: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PHLVF/main.wnt
Wyndham. $83/night. Looks like you need to book online to get that rate though.
This is a super nice hotel that is used primarily for business folks so is busy Sunday through Thursday and quiet at the weekend. If you can afford this and grab this web rate you will be very happy with the facilities.

A room for 4 adults and has a king bed and pull out double sleeper comes in at $111.00
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
adjuster
Llama
Instruments: Jeskola Buzz
Recording Method: OH, GOD, THE PAIN!
Submitting as: The Landfills

Stuck longer in Ohio...

Post by adjuster »

Bjam wrote:For those of you around on Friday:
The place sounds great... but I just learned that I won't be able to _leave_ Ohio until noon on Friday-- so we won't be in the area 'til 10PM-ish on Friday... no Songfight dinner for us. Boo-hoo... Everything is on track for Saturday, though...

Have any lunch / get-together plans for Saturday been set up?

I'm still planning to drop the kit off at the venue at 3PM and help w/ setup unless I hear differently.
"A person who is born with extraordinary natural talents, or who is extremely lucky, deserves nothing on the basis of these characteristics." - Edwin C. Hettinger
--
The Attitude Adjuster, Arugably the remaining half of "The Landfills"
HeuristicsInc
Gemini
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

so somebody's going to stay around at the gig location to watch the stuff?
and to help new arrivals get situated?
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
stueym
DeepMind

Post by stueym »

HeuristicsInc wrote:so somebody's going to stay around at the gig location to watch the stuff?
and to help new arrivals get situated?
-bill
I think that will be my job :-) Other than getting some relief for pee breaks and some grub I will be there to support the rehearsals and arrivals process.
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
Eric Y.
Grok

Post by Eric Y. »

ok so we've finally finalised our plans.
leaving from the pittsburgh area noonish (or so) friday, and we'll be staying at a quality inn in reading (it's about an hour before wayne, but it was only $50 and we couldn't pass it up) friday night. so no friday dinner for us either. but we'll definitely be in town saturday morning, all ready for some brunch or coffee or whatever is happening.
Niveous
Gemini

Post by Niveous »

Anyone know what they wanna jam on at the end of the night. Any cover choices???

PS- The Motel 6 doesn't seem to be all booked. I got my reservation and confirmation yesterday.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
stueym
DeepMind

Post by stueym »

for anyone looking for help or assistance or just to make contact you can reach me on the following (use phonetics to work it out :-))

pour
hate
pour

pour
sex
heaven

sex
you
hate
ho!