dear notifylist please vote for my song! (safety in numbers)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
<3
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by <3 »

Stubby Phillips wrote:<3:
Vox is a little low in the mix. Is that two people singing during call/responce in the middle, or just you? Never mind. Nice layering of synths -- cool almost 'accidental sounding' synth harmony @ ~ 3:15. Should have expanded that into another part. Is the vocalist the person(?) who does the posts? I feel like I'm part of some college sociology experiment.
It is just me! Vocal effects and simulated tape delay are fun to play with. All of the sequencing and singing and violin playing were me and there was nothing else! Thank you for the advice about expanding the synth harmony. It is something I was thinking of doing but the song was already getting long enough as it is. (5:02!) Next time I will have less words.
Love, <3
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

Stubby Phillips wrote: Like the hand drumming -- I'd like to hear more of that on SF.
anyone is free to pm me any time for more of the same.
Kweep
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Kweep »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:This could be re-done by mid 70's Scorpions. Yes, those Scorpions.
don't know if you meant it as such... but i take this as a big compliment... i had a friend in highschool (around 1985-86) who would cruise around town (yes, it was <a href="http://www.ci.league-city.tx.us/" target="_blank" class="postlink">a small town</a> ) in his olds 442 convertie blaring the same mid 70s scorps out of his car... and i thought he was pretty damn cool... so i guess it kinda 'soaked' in?
"You’re a little like heroin..." - Smalltown Mike
Kweep
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Kweep »

Stubby Phillips wrote:...sounds like in between 'real' doubled and 'delay with mod' effect.
it's all 'real', bro... i double tracked the main vox... not that that makes it more/less groovy :)
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Kweep asked:
Don't know if you meant is as such...but I take this as a big compliment
Oh yes I mean it as a compliment. I don't think that it sounds like them per se, but soon into the song I just ...heard it. I like the song very much and enjoy it as is, meaning I don't think it would necessarily be better by them, but with Klaus Meine's lungs and a couple of big guitars..I bet it would work. Thanks! That's not Justice- League City is it?
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
Kweep
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Kweep »

Paco Del Stinko wrote:...That's not Justice- League City is it?...
i wish... more like... ummm... Minor-League City... or Bowling-League City. :) (it's actually not that small anymore... but it's still pretty lame. heh)
Kweep
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Kweep »

grats bots!
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Gemini6Ice »

Nodalnim