Everybody Panic Pig Boy Prefight Thread

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Jim of Seattle
Grok
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Ha! It's sort of amazing that it took this long for anyone to notice that. Wish I'd thought of it.

I'm just pleased as punch at how my "Everybody Now" turned out. I'm really looking forward to people hearing it. Huzzah!
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Ross
DALL-E
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

this week's fight

Post by Ross »

I'm in for systematic panic!!
Sober
Grok
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

My computer is finally being rebuilt.

My drumsets may get sold soon, which means I may be getting that electric set soon.

My mom wants me to move back home.

I need a girlfriend, at least until I get my computer back.

I've been working 18 hours a day for the last week or so, as my one coworker here at the music store quit Tuesday. It's pretty lame working that much, but my paychecks will rock the house.

I feel confident enough in my drumming skills to start drumming on virtually all of my tracks in the future.

Lexicon makes a thing called an Omega. It looks pretty darn cool, for multi-track recording and whatnot. Someone tell me if it's crap or not. I'd link it, but the internet is slow here, and it's probably blocked here anyways.

People are more likely to read short paragraphs.
🤠
deshead
Claude

Post by deshead »

The Sober Irishman wrote:Lexicon makes a thing called an Omega. It looks pretty darn cool, for multi-track recording and whatnot. Someone tell me if it's crap or not. I'd link it, but the internet is slow here, and it's probably blocked here anyways.
Here's a year-old review that likes it, though better for PC than Mac: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar04/a ... nomega.htm. I've actually never read a bad review of it (though never tried one either.)
jack
Stable Diffusion
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

The Sober Irishman wrote: Lexicon makes a thing called an Omega. It looks pretty darn cool, for multi-track recording and whatnot. Someone tell me if it's crap or not. I'd link it, but the internet is slow here, and it's probably blocked here anyways.

People are more likely to read short paragraphs.
i think what you're talking about is something that's sort of a knock off on the MBox. it's basically a A/D converter/pre amp and comes with software right? while lexicon is a well known and established company, the software they give you is pretty standalone, and i doubt something that's widely accepted at say "real" studios. i think they call it "protracks" or something like that, which is an obvious ripoff of protools. it's probably similar to protools or say cubase but i'd be leery of things like plug-in compatability, stuff like that. i've noticed they really chopped the price on it down to about $200 i think. for that price, it might be worth it.
Hi!
Kapitano
DeepMind
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

It's a woodpecker from space

Post by Kapitano »

The Sober Irishman wrote:My mom wants me to move back home.

I need a girlfriend, at least until I get my computer back.
I thought you had a girlfriend. You lost one, started a thread about how depressed it made you, then found another one a week later. And we were all happy for you.

Can your mother sing? Or play instruments? I think you should do a duet with her. Submit as The Sober Irish Mom.

BTW, K and K are in this week. I'm the systematic one.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
Heather. Redmon.
Mixtral
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

Well, the Hell Yeahs have completed and sent a super heavy Systematic Panic! Happy fighting! :idea:
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Kapitano
DeepMind

Post by Kapitano »

Heather. Redmon. wrote:Well, the Hell Yeahs have completed and sent a super heavy Systematic Panic!
Oh bugger.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
Andy Balham
DeepMind
Instruments: Guitar, bass, ukulele and drums
Recording Method: Reaper, Guitar Rig LE, Edirol FA-66
Submitting as: Andy Balham, Bobby Davros, The Masters of Grip, MC Heapey

Post by Andy Balham »

Well Balham and Beanz are back with Everybody Now, featuring our stab at the optional challenge.
"Some may say I couldn't sing, but none may say I didn't sing" - Florence Foster Jenkins
hotpiinktears
A New Player

Post by hotpiinktears »

Jimmay is rockin..<BR>
<h2>&hearts;</h2>
john m
Claude
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

Well. I was going to enter Systematic Panic (and I think I had a pretty neat song), but then I got strep throat and I haven't been able to so much as sit up in bed most of the week. That's always fun.
Geoff WreckdoM
Mixtral
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Prep H wrote:"Let's Go Boy" is my tribute to Wreckdom this week.
I greatly look forward to hearin' that, preppie.
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
Calfborg
Alpaca

Post by Calfborg »

I'll be in on Systematic Panic.
"Technology is like living with the eyes of a shark. A shark's eyes have no life in them." - Gary Busey
Calfborg | Jeshimoth
boltoph
Claude
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

Geoff WreckdoM wrote:
Don't ya mean to say, you greatly look forward to feeling it, and shouldn't Prep H be more appropriately titled "Ex-Lax"?
tonetripper
Mixtral
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

I'm not in any fights this week, cuz I couldn't get my lazy ass up to do anything, but if I did it it would have been for Systematic Panic. I'm very much looking forward to hearing people's versions of this title. Especially the Hell Yeahs. Cuz the Redmons rock!!!!!
Prep H
A New Player

Post by Prep H »

boltoph wrote:
Geoff WreckdoM wrote:
Don't ya mean to say, you greatly look forward to feeling it, and shouldn't Prep H be more appropriately titled "Ex-Lax"?
Once he hears it, he'll be feeling it. Gratuitous use of chainsaws, whips, and power drills excepted.
Heather. Redmon.
Mixtral

tonetripper wrote:Especially the Hell Yeahs. Cuz the Redmons rock!!!!!
You're too kind :idea:
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
Jim of Seattle
Grok
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Your modesty is misplaced. You guys DO rock. I was thinking that just last night as I was doing my final mixes on "Everybody Now": "I think my song rocks, but does it rock like the Redmons? Most assuredly not." Anyway, I think this is the closest I've come to actually rocking, but it sure ain't no Abominominous/Hell Yeahs.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Heather. Redmon.
Mixtral

Can't wait to hear it Jim! :wink:
Last edited by Heather. Redmon. on Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to our music!
toddlans
Llama

Post by toddlans »

its too bad i had a version of systematic panic half way done that would've been pretty good (at least to me), but the laziness that didn't get me started until wed/thur and annoying computer problems on the last day ended up killing that idea. it was going to be a heavily effected electronica type deal with a funk breakdown (though digital sounding) chorus. i had all the samples from that speak and spell toy from the 80's that i was doing the lyrics with. the verses started at a moderate tempo and the lyrics were uplifting and nice, then the tempo gradually sped up and the beat got dark and dissonant with the lyrics also getting darker and portraying some kind of chaotic world then the chorus dropped suddenly to funky electro at half the tempo with a fruity loops speech synth sample (the word panic wasn't on the s&s) just saying panic, panic (with a very soft trouble, trouble in the background) in a syncopated rhythm. it was hard but fun trying to put verses together with a given set of words to use. i'm pissed at myself for being lazy and not having my system clean and defragged. i think i'll finish it anyway, cuz i liked the idea.
Kapitano
DeepMind

Post by Kapitano »

Post a link to it when it's done. There's some fans of dark electronica here.
Edge of LA
Alpaca

Post by Edge of LA »

I originally thought about doing Systematic Panic, but when the Hell Yeahs posted, I thought, "Oh shit. They'd kick my butt.... better choose a different title".

So I started on Everybody Now, and it wasn't coming together, and switched over to SP. Then that wasn't coming together either, and I ended up doing EN afterall.

But now I see JoS is in EN, so we'll see how I fare in this fight. Eitherway, I am looking forward to everyone's submissions. It should be a good turnout because we had more than a week for this one.

-----------------------
"H is for the sound you make when you're outside in the falling snow and you want to see your breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaath" --- Merry Christmas by JoS