S.O.N.G. .F.I.G.H.T.! (pre-fight)

Discuss upcoming, current, and previous song fights.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

sausage boy wrote:I submitted art for No Relation. Now lets see if anyone gets it...
You forgot this guy...

"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Photoshop and Illustrator
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Gemini6Ice »

Spud wrote:
sausage boy wrote:I submitted art for No Relation. Now lets see if anyone gets it...
You forgot this guy...

He's so cute.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

I just mailed off song number 11, over 2 hours late. I must publicly ask Fight Master for grace in allowing my song to be accepted, and understand if it isn't.

Perhaps it's selfish to ask, what with all of those others, but it does complete the, uh, batch. So, please accept my apology and allow me to join the 11 song club - it will be most appreciated. (by me, anyway)

I am now pretty sure that today isn't Thursday, though I would have argued with you prior to 1:30 EST!
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

Geoff WreckdoM wrote:
Mostess wrote:Ding! All 11.
Congrats Mostess. We sent our eleven in last night but I'm concerned as I've only received ten confirmation emails. Hopefully one of the songs was not lost along the waves of the internets.
You sent all 11 in seperate emails? I only did 2 songs and I sent them inside of one email. Those poor poor fightmasters. lol
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Hmmm, I assumed the seperate emails would make it easier on them for sorting purposes. And anyway, who wouldn't want an inbox full of emails from Geoff WreckdoM? He's an exciting guy.
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
Brick Pig
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Acoustic Guitar
Recording Method: M-Audio 410 into GarageBand (if I actually ever recorded anything)
Submitting as: Brick Pig

Post by Brick Pig »

I'm in for "G," and pleased to announce that despite having re-tooled my recording rig to bring it nearly 100% digital, my sound quality is still completely in the toilet.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

I didn't want to wait 'til the last minute and then run into some sort of "email sent per day" limit or find FM's mailbox was full...

Charles (KA)
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Geoff Wreckdom wrote:Hmmm, I assumed the seperate emails would make it easier on them for sorting purposes.
Is this not the appropriate method? I sent them in, one at a time and on different days, for the same reason. Could one e-mail even contain all 11? And I would be excited to receive mail from Geoff WreckdoM!
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Mr B & Mr C - 'Blank Stare'. The Creeping Foam 'For The Time Being'.
Geoff WreckdoM
Mean Street
Instruments: Theremin
Recording Method: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Post by Geoff WreckdoM »

Paco Del Stinko wrote: I sent them in, one at a time and on different days, for the same reason. Could one e-mail even contain all 11?
We worked on ours differently I suppose. We had, at any given time last week, at least five different works in progress going, and we would just sit down and revisit them and add and tweak etc. In fact, only 3 of them were essentially conceived and finished within the same day, and even those got some last minute mixing and meddling on Thursday. We always wait til the last minute to send in because you never know when you'll have one last cool idea to add to it.

All 11 songs certainly would not fit in one email, I'm pretty sure that would destroy the entire internet and all the dwarves that live inside it.
"perhaps the most offensive and disturbing image I've ever heard in a song" - Hans Gruber
Æpplês&vØdkã
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums, bass, synths, guitar, whatever else is around.
Recording Method: Tascam dp006, Shure SM-58, FL studio
Submitting as: Phlebia

Post by Æpplês&vØdkã »

I'm in for Terror in tiny town. Anyway, since I'm kind of new, how long past the deadline does the voting usually start?
Kapitano
Push Comes to Shove
Recording Method: Reason, Reaper and Reused Reality.
Submitting as: Kapitano

Post by Kapitano »

applesandvodka wrote:I'm in for Terror in tiny town. Anyway, since I'm kind of new, how long past the deadline does the voting usually start?
Voting - and more importantly, reviewing - starts when the fightmasters have finished uploading all the mp3s to the appropriate filespaces for each fight, redesigned the front pages to allow downloading the new songs. Last time I was here, this usually took 48 hours, but occasionally twice that.

So just be patient - they're working as fast as they can, while trying to have lives outside of SongFight.
<a href="http://kapitano.me.uk/">Kapitano's Site of Musical Stuff (Under Construction)</a>
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

Kapitano wrote:So just be patient - they're (the fightmasters) working as fast as they can, while trying to have lives outside of SongFight.
HAHAHAHAHA lives outside of SongFight? Noooooooo
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Æpplês&vØdkã
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums, bass, synths, guitar, whatever else is around.
Recording Method: Tascam dp006, Shure SM-58, FL studio
Submitting as: Phlebia

Post by Æpplês&vØdkã »

Kapitano wrote:
applesandvodka wrote:I'm in for Terror in tiny town. Anyway, since I'm kind of new, how long past the deadline does the voting usually start?
Voting - and more importantly, reviewing - starts when the fightmasters have finished uploading all the mp3s to the appropriate filespaces for each fight, redesigned the front pages to allow downloading the new songs. Last time I was here, this usually took 48 hours, but occasionally twice that.

So just be patient - they're working as fast as they can, while trying to have lives outside of SongFight.
Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Gemini6Ice »

Kapitano wrote:

Your avatar mildly disturbs me. Mainly because the boy is cute and the man is not.
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Also, I know that at least one of the fightmasters was a bit <a href="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/279 ... i">busy</a> yesterday.

(He was two blocks from where it all went down, and got caught up in all the craziness that was downtown.)
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher

Geoff WreckdoM wrote:I'm pretty sure that would destroy the entire internet and all the dwarves that live inside it.
Kill! Kill the internet! Kill the dwarves! KILL! KILL!

Anyway, I just want to say how horrific it was to find out that Friday the 28th, was not indeed Thursday the 27th. It was like someone pulled the world out from under me, my fragile grip on reality torn away. It was 1/2 an hour past deadline for the songs and I had to record a lead and finish mixing the 11th song...I don't panic but I was near to flipping out!

I remember one other time in my life this happened, way back in high school, jumping out of bed going "Oh my god - I'll miss the bus"...running to the bus stop and waiting. Then finding out it was Saturday. I may not always know the date, but I (usually) know what day it is! Idiot.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

there are approximately 130 entries to the super ultra mega fight.
your patience is requested, nay, required.

JB
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

jb wrote:there are approximately 130 entries to the super ultra mega fight.
Optional challenge: Single-title review limitation waived this fight.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Gemini6Ice
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Gemini6Ice »

jb wrote:there are approximately 130 entries to the super ultra mega fight.
your patience is requested, nay, required.

JB
"Super Ultra Mega Fight"

I like this. :)
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

130 entries! Rock. I'll review the lot of 'em. Especially if someone would be nice enough to make a 130 song stream.

I'm also trying to whip up some art.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Treachjuris
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: piano, guitar (acoustic/lectrc), violin (acoustic/lectrc) clarinet; whatever generates sound
Recording Method: ibanez, rhodes, tascam, m-audio, darla, cubase, magix, noteworthy, mixcraft
Submitting as: Fish Sausage, Scrotean Hydra, Yummy Bug

130!

Post by Treachjuris »

Yoiks! 130!!! I am totally glad I only ended up entering 5, and YOU are totally glad that most of them are under 2 minutes. :P

Total kudos to those who completed all 11. Can't wait!
"Electro-Mindscaping Nightmare music, gets me up and leaves me begging for more" ---sp00n
"If I were a rift in time right now, I would totally have a crush on this song" --- EightLeggedOedipus's friend INTOXICATED