The South.

Go ahead, get it off your chest.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

HeuristicsInc wrote:
That's a hoax.
http://snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp
-bill
Yeah, it had that whole 'hurricane path' type feel to it. If you'll notice, I did not commit to beleiving it earlier in this thread.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

DAMN FLIPFLOPPER

HOBLIT / STEFANI IN 2008
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

tonetripper wrote:Canada beating up Australia (who are no match by the way :wink: )
Yeah, yeah - just like you always beat us at the Commonwealth Games :wink:

Canada = Kiwis of the North
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

HeuristicsInc wrote:That's a hoax.
i hadn't seen this list before, but it highly resembles the list of past u.s. presidents and their IQs, which stuck GWB at the bottom, which was also fabricated.

[edit: i see snopes linked to that list in the article about the states list. doh!]
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

HeuristicsInc wrote:
That's a hoax.
-bill
Truth and fact hasn't played much of a role lately. People (I won't generalize, but you know*) make optinions on how they feel it should be and then look for anything that might support thier theory, fact or fiction.

*"you know" depends on the reader. Feel free to put your favorite team here.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

To hold up a bit of internet drivel as proof that all people who quote information are chipping bits off the pyramids is a bit weak.

And who ever said that opinion supported by fact = truth? It's just an opinion supported by whatever research methods are to hand for the person expressing them. The opinion is not always invalidated by the opinion-expresser.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

j$ wrote:To hold up a bit of internet drivel as proof that all people who quote information are chipping bits off the pyramids is a bit weak.

And who ever said that opinion supported by fact = truth? It's just an opinion supported by whatever research methods are to hand for the person expressing them. The opinion is not always invalidated by the opinion-expresser.
Fact = truth
Opinion <> fact = opinion <> truth
Opinion + truth = wise man
Opinion - truth = fool
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

(Fact / truth) * (1 / (opinion - (truth +1))) = 8(fact) - opinion
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

All facts are subjective. Simply because they rely on human observation. Many times before we've gotten supposed facts "wrong"... so frankly, i'll go with opinions that are well expressed and comforting any day...the world is FLAT damn it!!!

...someone here, wiser than I , with all that scientific mumbojumbo (Puce? C Hack? Mostess) could probably put this in a way that would not only set everyone straight, but leave me strangely confused yet informed at the same time....
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

Dim Fact: Fact=Request("Fact")
If Fact="Opinion" Then
Fact=False
Else
Fact=True
End If
Dim=False

%>
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

you guys need something new to talk about.
Hi!
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

jack shite wrote:you guys need something new to talk about.
You aren't kidding
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

ok. here's something new and hot in the news. how do you guys feel about ahnuld running for president? there is a republican groundswell to change the constitution so he can run. i think it's crap to change the constitution for this. all this talk about changing the constitution period pisses me off.
Hi!
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

Leaf wrote:All facts are subjective. Simply because they rely on human observation.

Muahahahaha. You live in a quantum reality! That explains it. I believe the rat in the box is dead when it dies. You believe it is only dead when you see it is dead.
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

This sentence is in Spanish when you're not looking at it.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher

Post by Hoblit »

jack shite wrote:ok. here's something new and hot in the news. how do you guys feel about ahnuld running for president? there is a republican groundswell to change the constitution so he can run. i think it's crap to change the constitution for this. all this talk about changing the constitution period pisses me off.
Yeah, I think that even if we were gonna change it in the first place that it wouldn't be legislation driven by political party agenda. (Let alone current republican agenda) But, who am I kidding right? If Jeb can push last minute legislation to make it illegal to let dead people die the rest of the way...why not make it so foreign born, popular republican party candidates can all of a sudden run for the next presidental election.
Last edited by Hoblit on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

jack shite wrote:ok. here's something new and hot in the news. how do you guys feel about ahnuld running for president? there is a republican groundswell to change the constitution so he can run. i think it's crap to change the constitution for this. all this talk about changing the constitution period pisses me off.
Screw AHnold. I can't believe republican are in favor of that. But what is truth.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

If Jenna Jamison was his running mate... THEN you'd have an erection....er....ELECTION.

What a terrible idea. Why? Why? I mean, his movies were getting worse, so he goes into politics.... let's wait until he's done screwing up California before ....

I just had a thought. Perhaps this was his plan all along? To RULE THE WORLD.

Conan, the President.
Last edited by Leaf on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

he's actually done a pretty decent job as the governator. people for the most part out here like him. he's considered fiscally moderate and socially pretty liberal (and i don't mean pinching butts liberal...haha). he's better than the last governor by a mile. i think he has this way of getting people to cave to his agenda through his star power. people are in awe when they meet him. so he gets the deals made and that's really his job.
Hi!
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Yeah, I think all we can do from our remote locations is express skepticism. It's up to the folks in Cali to judge whether the big S is good or bad. I'm not so partisan that I can't concieve of a republican doing a good job. Basically it comes down to moderation I guess. Some stuff would be aggravating, but maybe it wouldn't be so aggravating that I'd get actually angry, like I do with our president.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Well, I'm sure he'll do everything in his powah to terminate de terrorists. Still, one man, let alone Arnold Schwarzeneggar, is not reason enough to change the Constitution to allow foreign-born folks to run for president.

At any rate, if Arnold runs for president and wins, I'll be moving out of the country for real. No, not because I hate Arnold, particularly, but because I'd be scared if the majority of the people around me wanted the Terminator in office. :oops:
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

Generic wrote:Well, I'm sure he'll do everything in his powah to terminate de terrorists. Still, one man, let alone Arnold Schwarzeneggar, is not reason enough to change the Constitution to allow foreign-born folks to run for president.

At any rate, if Arnold runs for president and wins, I'll be moving out of the country for real. No, not because I hate Arnold, particularly, but because I'd be scared if the majority of the people around me wanted the Terminator in office. :oops:
well consider that arguably the most popular president in modern history once starred in a movie with a monkee...maybe actors just make good presidents? ahnuld's like reagan. he's the teflon governator.
Hi!