Did George Lucas break your heart?

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.

Poll ended at Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:04 am

This was well worth seeing. I can't wait for VII, VIII & IX!
50%
It will take years to rebuild my trust using new Indianna Jones movies.
20%
He broke my heart the first two times. I'm not giving him another chance.
10%
No, he didn't break my heart. I went to see The Hitchiker's Guide instead...
20%

Total votes: 10
Oracle
A New Player

Post by Oracle »

Personally, I wasn't planning on seeing Episode III in the theater. I saw Episode I in the theater a week late only after seeing American Beauty the opening weekend instead. I saw Episode II as my first date with the ex I spent two years with. So why on earth have I seen it?
I went to hang out with two friends of mine. We had nowhere to go, and I was in someone else's car. They discovered I hadn't seen it and insisted on seeing it again... but they paid for it.
So what did I think of it? It was the best of the prequels, but I grimaced during the frankenstein-creation scene.
George Lucas is trying to recreate the action packed pulp-comic serials of his youth. This is something better done (IMHO) with endless Indianna Jones movies. That's why he named the first two "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack Of The Clones". These titles were taken from the stylings of those childhood genres. The title for Episode III was taken from the originally planned but rejected title for Episode VI... Revenge Of The Jedi. Much like the guns being removed from E.T. Lucas decided that "Jedi shouldn't take revenge" and changed the title at the last minute. The original pre-release promotional posters for the movie even still bore the unchanged name...
Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, HAN FIRES FIRST!
For those of you that don't know, one of the more hotly debated changes made in the StarWars: Special Edition releases was the fact that Han Solo's killing-in-self-defense of the bounty hunter Greedo was changed so that Han didn't pull his gun before Greedo did. So many of the hardcore fans were outraged that Lucas changed it so they fired at the same time in the DVD release. Why would they be outraged? Because Harrison Ford felt that Solo was more like another badguy. In an interview I saw he said he wanted his character killed off in Episode V because of the kind of character he was. Instead George Lucas came up with carbonite freezing. I've been told he then asked to have it happen for good in Episode VI. George Lucas refused.
So, let's just all realize that StarWars is a fictional story made for children by a nostalgic MAN. It is not a religion. It is not perfect. If it exsists, The Force wants you to instead practice a mainstream religion instead of being like the people in my high school back in the day that honestly believed they had force powers. Yes bandie, I'm talking to you!
~ Oracle

Go here because I said so: FRONTLINE
If you don't know what frontline is, watch one of the free streaming episodes. It's an award winning documentary series by PBS & WGBH in Boston.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

This topic would probably fit better in the <a href="http://songfight.net/forums/viewforum.p ... >Movies</a> thread. Of course, there is a fairly big <a href="http://songfight.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=752">Star Wars Ep. III</a> thread in that forum already.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Oracle
A New Player

Hmmm...

Post by Oracle »

Don't suppose I could move it, huh?
~ Oracle

If you don't know what frontline is, watch one of the free streaming episodes. It's an award winning documentary series by PBS & WGBH in Boston.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

Choice 1: "Yes, and this and this and I wear three pairs of socks every day."
Choice 2: "Yes, and something stupid."
Choice 3: "No, because I don't know what we're talking about."
Choice 4: "Yeah. Something. No. Whatever."

Seriously, there needs to be some kind of free course on internet poll-making.
(It's ASL for "cow".)
Oracle
A New Player

Post by Oracle »

I wanted to have things like yes and no in the poll, but the borwser didn't seem to want to let me print very many words into the boxes... the "Yes, " and "No, " at the front of each was removed to save space.
~ Oracle

GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Hmmm...

Post by GlennCase »

Oracle wrote:Don't suppose I could move it, huh?
It is done.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)