Re-Introductions

New Players stand up and be counted.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Re-Introductions

Post by mkilly »

This thread is for people that have been in the community a while to introduce themselves. I'll start.

---

I'm Marcus Kellis. I'm from Idaho, am eighteen years old (born 10/30/86), I mostly do solo guitar and vocals stuff, single-tracked. I first entered SongFight in March 2003 with "Straw Man," and since then I've done somewhere between one and two dozen other SongFight tracks by myself and with other people. I found SongFight via this guy Casey "Soda" Kolderup. I've done a lot of dopey stuff, most of it is collected at http://www.glitterandtwang.org/ as of right now, being my website. So that's that I guess.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

yo jippers! welcome back! now submit a tune mate!
Hi!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

I'm Jim. I found out about SongFight in Feb04 while rooting around online for songwriting inspiration. That night I wrote a song for 'Moscow, Idaho', and I've fought every few weeks or so since then.
I live in Campton, New Hampshire. By day I'm a graphic designer (sort of; more accurately, I'm a digital outputter who has to fix things sometimes), and nights and weekends are usually filled with solo shows and band gigs. More about me and my music can be found at jimtyrrell.net, or by asking me. :)
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I'm Bjam, or Bethany, I'm a Brit living just outside Philadelphia, and my birthday is February 14th if you'd like to send me presents. I've been lurking on Songfight for just over a year now, but submitted by first song last September. I do really basic girl and guitar. And... er... I like kitties?
Songfighter since back in the day.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

meow.

Damn. I just couldn't resist that.

Back on topic: My name is Leaf...and I'm an alcoholic.
gert
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by gert »

I am Gert. I have been participating in songfight competitions for exactly one week as a third person entity.

Gert enjoys the process.

Gert has online drinking parties. If Gert so desires, Gert may provide photographic proof however it must be noted that Gert has a multiple personality disorder.

Gert is good.

Gert6
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I am Luke Henley, and I used to write mopey songs about love and vomit but now my primary goal is to fuck shit up old school. I'm currently looking for someone(s) to share in my musical vision. No fatties, plz.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Hi, I'm <a href="http://chris.hoblit.net/hoblithim.html" target="resource window">Hoblit</a> and I'm an alcoh.....wait, wrong room.

I reside in Tampa, Florida with plans to move to another major city sometime in 2006. (although I miss Atlanta where I lived 6 years before)

I entered my first fight in June 2001 and <a href="http://www.songfight.org/songpage.php?key=i_can_see_you" target="resource window">WON!</a>. However, I never won again. Came close and even won in a collaberation or two. But I would be cursed to roam the earth with no other win to my name.

I also have an unconcious fetish for mentally unstable girls.

I'm an ugly 32 year old, 15 pounds over weight single pasty white guy. You know you want it.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

Right. I'm Spud.
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

I am Starfinger. I can't play the guitar.
I haven't entered many fights lately due to the dearth of food-related titles.

-craig
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

i'm jack but i'm also sometimes steve. it can sometimes be confusing.

i do lots of songfights under different names. just to be confusing.

i also like lowercase.
Hi!
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

I'm roymond and I'm happy to meet Gert. I fear the rest of us are washed-up has-beens. Keep the faith.

It's been a couple years and I seem to bounce from guy and guitar to weird shit with delight. Mostly I desire collaboration, as long as it doesn't involve other people.

I'm not good with re-introductions.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

starfinger wrote: I haven't entered many fights lately due to the dearth of food-related titles.
specifically, meat, in case deep throat is reading this. you know you want to do it. i recommend something about sausages.

i'm bill, i live in maryland and have been at songfight since... er. july '03. i had to look it up. just got married this year. i also like cats but have no wish to hear any interest in such facts from leaf.
13 entries, 0 wins = 0 percent.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Bell Green
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Bell Green »

Hi, I go by the name of Bell Green because that's where I live. My name is Arup (pronouced a rope) and I live with my wife and my cat. Just got a dog this week. I was doing a songwriting course where I met Andy Balham and he introduced me to Songfight. My first entry was "Nicely Toasted". I did start on "Lizard Wizard" but didn't manage to make the deadline.

I'm 36 and have been playing since my teens. Been in various bands that lead nowhere. I guess they lead me here. Trained up to be a sound engineer a couple of years ago, but decided that my lifestyle was too precious to give up. I work as a yoga teacher and have lots of time off.
so . . . when was the last time you backed up?
boltoph
Panama
Submitting as: Gert

Post by boltoph »

I'm Boltoph. I joined in January and Songfight has been a motivational kick in the ass for my songwriting. Johnsonic convinced me to check out this site. I like to talk about "Rok" and "Sharks". You can also hear me with groups like Gert, Büttz, D. Sharkson, and Seoup T. Gei (among others). I'm sure I'm well on my way to 1. wearing out my welcome and 2. becoming a washed-up-has-been...

I also play in 3 bands around Boston, NYC, and New Hampshire: the Pincushions, ATP, and the Jon Gorey band
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

Hi my name is tonetripper and I'm Canadian. My interests are grease, beer, THC, redcar stuff, gert and thongs.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

Greetings. I'm Rabid. In a love-hate relationship with all my instruments, Jerry Springer-style. I think they're cheating on me with the cat. Sitting in the green room now... just waiting for the come-on.

My own personal Cerebrus: Rabid Garfunkel; Primitive Screwheads; Boomstick
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

tonetripper wrote:Hi my name is tonetripper and I'm Canadian. My interests are grease, beer, THC...
Do you mean the Hip Cola or lighting mad spliff?

Post by Guest »

Hello, I'm Jenny aka Henrietta. I write mostly acoustic coffeeshop tunes. Most of my SF entries also feature my talented hostage, I mean, husband Scott on guitar/cello. Lately, I've been busy playing bass for an 'outlaw country' band, but hope to start fighting with Scott again. Well, not fighting with Scott.... fighting alongside Scott. :wink:
Henrietta
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Vox, Kazoo
Recording Method: None
Submitting as: Quimby, Nouveau Pauvre
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Henrietta »

Hey, since when can we post without logging in?
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band

Post by jb »

New forums ("Introductions" is a new forum) require admin to set posting priveleges. I neglected to restrict posting to registered users. I have done so now.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
tonetripper
Mean Street
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Sitar, Theremin, Lap Steel, Djembe
Recording Method: Cubase 6, Live 7, Reason 5, UAD 2, MOTU Ultralite, Mackie 1620i onyx
Submitting as: tonetripper, redcar, gert, draft and others

Post by tonetripper »

WeaselSlayer wrote:Do you mean the Hip Cola or lighting mad spliff?
Since I'm speaking on an American Site and there is often that guy (you know that guy in the van outside your house who is tapping into your system with mics and cameras all over your house writing you into the black book with the permanent X's) who is spying on you, I'm not at liberty to say to the latter. I was speaking of The Hip Cola, but just so y'all know I've tried it but I never inhaled. :shock: