Blab about the Boob Tube.
Kamakura
Panama
Instruments: Drums, Guitar, Keys, Howling
Recording Method: LogicPro
Submitting as: Kamakura

The Dead Zone

Post by Kamakura »

This is a spin off from the Stephen King book/film, and I've been watching it on and off for several months now.
It is obviously an old import as it's shown on a minor channel during a slot for the deaf (small person signing in the bottom of the screen). However for all that it's EXCELLENT!

Johnny Smith is really well played, and the story lines ROCK too.

Watch it if you haven't already.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

https://kamakura.bandcamp.com
deshead
Panama

Post by deshead »

I enjoyed the show up until the current season. The last bunch of episodes had a "Touched By An Angel" vibe about them. (= not a good thing.) But Season 2 was great.
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

Yeah the show seems to have somewhat of a jesus-complex. It wants to touch on religious issues-- not specifically, but general issues of people and how they relate to religion and how they react when weird stuff happens. But they've never really pushed that. Which is fine with me. I don't want to think about crap like that when I'm watching syndicated fantasy. No way could a syndicated show get away with the subtlety required to address those issues in an entertaining way without being strident about it. And that is just the death-knell.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

yeah I like it a lot. It's a bit of a mixed bag, episode to episdoe, but the overall set-up and the relative complexity, is pretty interesting. it went a bit too much into terminator last season with the flash-forwards to Future Johnny and grown-up sons and stuff, but hey, it's a good way to fritter away an hour, and hasn't The Geek grown up to be a buff fellow? ;)

The fourth season starts here monday. (on Sci-fi) I hear it is the second most popular show on Sci-Fi, average viewing of 6 million per episode. Not bad.