4. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
6. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (Book 5) by J. K. Rowling
7. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
8. The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
(equal) 9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and
(equal) 9. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
10. A Fortunate Life by A.B. Facey
Have read all of those bar 3, 5, and 10. Pretty good considering that I don't read nearly as much as I'd like to.
All I've read is 3. I am letting my country down :{.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

Denyer wrote:
Bjam wrote:
Caravan Ray wrote: 1. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkein
2. Pride and Prejuidice by Jane Austen
3. The Bible (Various Contributors)
4. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
6. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix (Book 5) by J. K. Rowling
7. Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
8. The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
(equal) 9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and
(equal) 9. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
10. A Fortunate Life by A.B. Facey
Have read all of those bar 3, 5, and 10. Pretty good considering that I don't read nearly as much as I'd like to.
All I've read is 3. I am letting my country down :{.
...and I'm guessing you only flicked through for the dirty bits
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

fodroy wrote:
roymond wrote:
Heather. Redmon. wrote: Of the four Vonnegut books I've read, Slaughterhouse Five, Cat's Cradle, Breakfast of Champions and his most recent Timequake, I have enjoyed them all but I do think Breakfast of Champions is my favorite. I own a copy of Venus on the Half Shell by Kilgore Trout. I found it at a used bookstore in either Berkeley or Santa Monica. I think it's a really cool thing to have. :)
Well, to Caravan's earlier question about whether he is still with us, I just ran into him at lunch! His house is down the street from my office so I figured it was only a matter of time. He did look a bit fragile, so I just said "Hi" instead of kissing his feet and telling him I named my two cats Kilgore and Venus.

And Heather, I assume you know that Venus on the Half Shell was written by Philip Jose Farmer. Has anyone read his other works? I have not.
that's awesome. i probably would've grovelled and accidentally knocked him over and sent him to the hospital or something.
I once got drunk and started writing a letter to Kurt Vonnegut - thank God I fell asleep and never actually finished it. Still, I love Kurt because he and Mark Twain first showed me that all Americans are not completely stupid ( :wink: written with an extremely big wink because that is also proved to me daily on these boards - and I'm going over there in a few days - - hey, but somebody must have voted GWB in!?!...and what's Everybody Loves Raymond about?)
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

Caravan Ray wrote:Still, I love Kurt because he and Mark Twain first showed me that all Americans are not completely stupid...
The best thing about that comparison is that they both kinda look alike, which I've always loved. I like to think that Vonnegut is just Twain reincarnated. :)

Caravan Ray
bono
bono

Post by Caravan Ray »

Wow - I never realised that! Maybe it's not their books at all that I like - maybe it's just their moustaches?