fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Currently Playing ...

Post by fluffy »

I actually liked playing Goldeneye with the Left position (d-pad to move, stick to aim). It wasn't too much of a reach to press the weapon switch buttons.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

currently... Shadow of Rome PS2...

p.s. being left handed and trying to play Metroid on the Wii... sucks! it may be the best controlling FPS on the system... but all the review people must either be right handed or... they play FPS games with the Lefty switch on... I play FPS games with default setup so moving with my right hand is way to disorienting for me... :(
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Ah, there was a time when I was unbeatable on Goldeneye. How do you play it on PS3?
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

ujnhunter wrote:currently... Shadow of Rome PS2...

p.s. being left handed and trying to play Metroid on the Wii... sucks! it may be the best controlling FPS on the system... but all the review people must either be right handed or... they play FPS games with the Lefty switch on... I play FPS games with default setup so moving with my right hand is way to disorienting for me... :(
Uh, what's stopping you from putting the WIimote in your left hand instead? It's not like the controls are actually, you know, rigid.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop

Post by ujnhunter »

I do play with the Wiimote in my Left hand... and that's the problem... see Aiming with my left hand via the Wiimote is fine, it's natural to me... but that leaves my right hand on the nunchuck and therefore makes my right thumb do all the moving... when my right thumb really wants to look around... because all other FPS games I play my right thumb looks and my left thumb moves... however if I played with the Wiimote in my right hand like all the right handed people... i feel uncomfortable pointing with my right hand... even tho moving now becomes second nature... :(

edit: I've been brainwashed by the FPS games that came before!
-Ujn Hunter
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Sober »

john m wrote:
Sober wrote:Goldeneye/Perfect Dark was impossible/unpractical with one joystick.
Perhaps you didn't play it enough. I was extremely good at both, and I'm far from the only one I know.
That was a miscommunication on my part. Not 100% sure what I even meant. I think I meant that a true COD4-style setup wouldn't have worked well on the N64 controller. Basically {mouse+keyboard > 2 joysticks > 1 joystick}. I was a destroyer of worlds when Goldeneye was big.

It's ridiculous playing it now, because the guns are so accurate firing from the hip. Turn auto-aim off, and strafe the shit out of people with the ak. The COD4 setup does make zoomed aiming extremely hard, though.

Paco: I'm not playing it on the ps3. I'm playing it on pc, using the ps3 controller. A few drivers are available online, I've had good luck with the setup found here.
🤠
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

ujnhunter wrote:I do play with the Wiimote in my Left hand... and that's the problem... see Aiming with my left hand via the Wiimote is fine, it's natural to me... but that leaves my right hand on the nunchuck and therefore makes my right thumb do all the moving...
I actually started doing this on Super Mario Galaxy; I think the moving is more important in that game than the aiming since the aiming is mostly for picking up star bits, and doing that spin move.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

Replaying Mission Impossible on N64. It's crazy going back and realizing how much older games just threw you in the pool. Nowadays you've got little mini-tutorials built into the first missions, etc.

Also, Paper Mario is a pretty awesome game.
🤠
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I just bought Okami for my PS2, and I must say - it's one of the better games I've played in my life. Maybe a bit too easy, but just the art style alone is enough to win me over.
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

I tried the Okami demo on PS2 and I felt it was nice but the drawing could have benefited from a direct pointer interface, like on the Wii. So as soon as it came out for the Wii I bought that version. And somehow they managed to fuck THAT up. Sigh.
himynameisntmark
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Bass.
Recording Method: GarageBand
Submitting as: Maggie Kanuka

Post by himynameisntmark »

Guitar Hero: World Tour. I don't own it yet and I've only played it at my friend's house but I have to say it's about damn time they put Dream Theater and Blink 182 on one of these games.
"Shakespeare hates your emo poems."
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

Blink is on Rock Band. All The Small Things is one of the only 2 songs I've gotten 100% doing vocals on.

I've been playing Ridge Racer 6. I got it several months ago but I stopped playing after a couple weeks cuz I had gotten some other games.

Ordered Project Gotham Racing 4 for 360 and King of Fighters XI for PS2 from amazon. Will have those later in the week.
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
himynameisntmark
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Rone Rivendale wrote:Blink is on Rock Band. All The Small Things is one of the only 2 songs I've gotten 100% doing vocals on.
I didn't get any of the track packs. But now that I know about this, I might have to.
rone rivendale
Odie
Instruments: Electronica, nothing real
Recording Method: Fruity Loops, Goldwave
Submitting as: Rone Rivendale

Post by rone rivendale »

In that case, there is also a couple of songs from Angels and Airwaves (the band that one of the Blink guys does vocals for now). :D
From spoken word to actual singing, I can screw up any style with style. :D
himynameisntmark
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

You almost had me. I can't stand AVA (Tom Delonge is the reason Blink broke up).
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man

Post by ujnhunter »

Pinball FX from XBLA w/ Street Fighter II Turbo themed Machine ;)
-Ujn Hunter
Reist
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Drums, Guitar
Recording Method: Yamaha AW1600, Reaper
Submitting as: Therman

Post by Reist »

I just bought Kingdom Hearts and God of War for the PS2. I'll tell you how it's going in a few days, but they both look pretty good so far. Sort of wish I bought a PS2 in its prime, but at least it's cheap now. :roll:
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

I just finished playing Fable 2. Not too bad. I can see why bigamy is illegal, its just far too much work for one man.

I've also been giving Warhammer: Age of Reckoning a go. It's not too bad.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Mark Twain was once, for some reason, pressed to find a passage in the bible that forbids bigamy, and he cited "No man may have two masters."

Heh.

So, yeah. I just got a belated birthday gift from my mother-in-law: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows on the Wii. So far I really like it, especially after their disappointing take on Spider-Man 3. I'm not entirely accustomed to the controls yet, but once I get there, I think the seamless ground-air combat system will be very fun.

One major gripe, though. Why is something as fundamental as changing from the red suit to the black suit (or vice-versa) done by something as simple as swinging the nunchuck right or left? I keep switching suits accidentally.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption

Post by fluffy »

Because developers don't think through motion controls and don't consider that after you move your hand right you need to eventually move it left again.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

No, that's not it. It's pretty good about not switching back right after. I just keep switching accidentally when I'm right in the middle of, say, a battle, where I get all excited and move my hands.

This hearkens back to what I said about the Wii when it first came out. When I play Mario Kart Double Dash on the Gamecube, I inevitably swerve the controller around as I play because a.) that's what happens when you get really into a game, and b.) it has no effect. Making it so that every little motion makes a difference forces players to limit their extraneous hand motions, which in the middle of a game feels a bit like demanding that the player watch an extremely funny stand-up comedian without laughing.

It hasn't really been as much of a problem as I thought it would be. Until now.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages