Fun-a-Day

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Fun-a-Day

Post by Lunkhead »

This isn't really a sidefight or anything, but it's like FAWM or 5090 or wtf that other thing is:

http://artclash.com/

The idea is to make art (or music, if that's your art) every day in January. Doesn't have to be a song necessarily but I bet some Song Fight! peeps would be interested in participating. This year's Fun-a-Day was the kickoff for Jonathan Mann's song-a-day which he is still doing.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Re: Fun-a-Day

Post by Spud »

On a related note, we showed this guy at the gallery I run in Seattle last year. He did it for a year. http://derinsmith.com/pages/statement.html
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
The Weakest Suit
Mean Street
Submitting as: The Weakest Suit, Test Week Hiatus, Observati, Alienboy, FAWMit, FACE, Epitaphs

Post by The Weakest Suit »

i did something a lot like that in 2004. i called the project "yellowton" after weezer's "pinkerton", and wrote 31 songs in january (one before i went to sleep each night). they mostly really suck and i only have a few cassette tapes with some really bad versions of the songs. i was coming out of a ten year break from writing music and didn't have any real recording equipment and couldn't sing. in fact, it was the frustration with not being able to sing the songs i wrote that lead me to finally take some vocal lessons. recently i came across the notebook with the chords and lyrics and have it in the back of my mind to record at least decent acoustic demos of all those songs. someday.
susem913

Post by susem913 »

Two disqualified in Andalucian Open
Playing partners Borja Etchart and Eirik Tage Johansen were disqualified after Thursday's first round of the Andalucian Open - one after being accused discount golf equipment[/url] of ishiner wrongly replacing his ball on two greens, the other for not reporting it to officials before signing the scorecard.

FYI - I am exercising my Mod power on these posts and deleting them. - Ken
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

....Ironically, tournament director Jose Maria Zamora also disqualified Etchart at last year's European Tour Qualifying School when the 21-year-old Pull my finger was seen to be using a golf trolley that contained an inbuilt but illegal temperature gauge.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: Spintown & Company

Post by Spintown »

Cool site, I didn't know that's where Jonathan gt his idea for Song-A-Day.