Hey NY/NJ SongFighters!

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Hey NY/NJ SongFighters!

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

My new band*, Jacktown Road is gearing up for an East Coast DIY mini-tour Nov. 17-20(ish) this year, and being DIY, 'twas wondering if any of y'all in the area had a guitar amp available for a brief loan (50ish watt combo?). I don't play hard, I promise. The most I can offer in recompense is free admission at any and all of the shows, and of course the coin of the SF realm, beers.

Anyone with a bass amp would receive all of the above, *plus* weird, creepy hugs from the bass player.

First (confirmed) show: Nov 17 Court Tavern, New Brunswick, NJ, with The Monica Nelson Project, and some guys called TBA

* by "my new band" I mean they were kind enough to invite me to join, and not only think I had something to contribute but actually enjoy me doing silly things onstage with guitar, theremin, and TBD. See the video for "The End" @ Ash Street. That was a fucked day, Dad died that morning, and the drummer had just announced it was his last show with us. I think there was some drinking involved, too. /disclaimer
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Hey NY/NJ SongFighters!

Post by roymond »

Sorry, I sold my guitar amp in the Spring as it sat in my basement unused for 15+ years.

Bass amp? Why would you want to hear the bass?
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Re: Hey NY/NJ SongFighters!

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

roymond wrote:Sorry, I sold my guitar amp in the Spring as it sat in my basement unused for 15+ years.

Bass amp? Why would you want to hear the bass?
Errr... because he's the acting manager of the group? And he'd look a little silly dancing around sans sound, too. :lol:
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day