"Ballet Mécanique" performed by robots - Wash D.C

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

"Ballet Mécanique" performed by robots - Wash D.C

Post by roymond »

I've read about these guys before and this sounds awesome:

LEMUR is currently engaged in its largest fabrication project to-date, creating custom robotics for George Antheil's "Ballet mécanique," which will be performed from March 12 to 29, 2006 at the National Gallery of Art, Washington DC.

I wish I was going to be around. I'd love to check this out.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
frankie big face
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Keyboard, Violin, Other Stuff
Recording Method: Logic, UAD Apollo Twin, Mac
Submitting as: frankie big face

Post by frankie big face »

Thanks for the tip. I always miss this stuff.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

This is cool. I sent the link to my wife but I don't think she's excited about it ;)
I did manage to find a sample of a recording of the thing and it sounds very cool. Avant-garde, definitely... Wonder if I can get down there.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin

Post by roymond »

George Antheil is a bit of a self-made mythical music genius (from Trenton, NJ!). Regarded as a virtuoso pianist, he toured in the early 20th century playing the day's avant garde, and either gained or awarded himself the title "bad boy of music" (for carry a gun in a silk underarm holster, among other characteristics), which is the title of an engaging book about his exploits. Eventually he "sold out" to Hollywood, whatever that means, but this is a pretty awesome piece when presented well.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face