GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

IS MO STILL DREAMY?

Post by GlennCase »

He will always be <a href="http://glenncase.songhole.org/content/p ... PG">dreamy to me.</a>

I missed the old thread.

I had to create a new one.

:evil:

Can a new Dreamy Mo and the commoners song be far behind?

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

I particularily like the glasses with earrings look myself.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Hoblit wrote:I particularily like the glasses with earrings look myself.
I like the 'Royalty getting down with the people by visiting the public library' ambience myself :)
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

well so far it's unanimous... maybe some day mo will finally come to terms with the degree of his own dreaminess...
mo
Mean Street
Instruments: guitar, bass, synth
Recording Method: Reaper 4eva
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

I hate Glenn

Post by mo »

and to think this all started because i quoted raiders of the lost ark at him. one stinkin' movie quote and he's off to his cackling madness again. which wouldn't be so bad except for the cackling--those frequencies have never sat right with me.

perhaps i can derail all this with baseball talk instead.

since johan santana is going on short rest for the twins tomorrow, there is a fair chance that that series will go to a game 5. i mean, i'm not trying to discount the possibility that the yankees scrape it out or even that the bats go guano, but we are talking about the best and most dominant pitcher in the AL since the All-Star break. given that the red sox are going to be able to rest and set up their rotation, which team do you think has a better chance against them, purely on the basis of the rotation setups?

red sox will probably go: schilling, pedro, arroyo, wakefield, schill, pedro, arroyo as the seven game matchup, although obviously they could, depending on the situation, decide to go to short rest and scratch wakefield, setting up a possible schilling in game 7.

currently, a twins advance looks like: lohse, silva, santana, radke, lohse silva, santana. if they are willing to bump up on short rest, which i would expect: lohse, santana, radke, lohse, santana, radke, lohse. or some combination of short rest. if i'm the twins, i probably go like this: lohse, silva, santana, radke, lohse, santana, radke. i would be betting on taking two at fenway with my top two against boston's 3 and 4 starters, then opposing pedro with santana and radke vs arroyo in a game 7.

a yankee's advance looks different depending on whether they win in 4 or 5, and also depending on whether el duque can pitch. In 4: mussina, lieber, brown, vazquez, mussina, lieber, brown. In 5, assuming no starters are burned in relief: lieber, brown, vazquez, mussina, lieber, brown, vazquez. i would be surprised if hernandez doesn't get a start somewhere in there--depending on how he's feeling, possibly two starts. it is also unlikely, given the state of yankees pitching, that torre wants any of these guys to go on short rest.

on pure rotation matchups, it is hard for me not to like the red sox in any of these eventualities, although i think my personal pick for the twins' pitching setup is decent enough to potentially take the series. wakefield is a huge question, since he hasn't thrown yet in these playoffs and was having a hard time through most of september. and as we know, as red sox fans especially know, anything (and i do mean ANYTHING) can happen. but is this not reason for optimism?

by the way glenn, sorry we KICKED THE ASSES OF YOUR PATHETIC ANGELS i mean good series, dude. vlad is one hell of a player. too bad you guys had to suspend his lineup protection. oh, and that your starters bite. oh, and that thunderstix and rally monkeys just make stew and something to stir it with.

ok, i'm done.
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

It's going to be great when, after the Red Sox finally overcome the Yankees and everyone who isn't already paying attention starts caring, the Cardinals push the win button and crush them.
mo
Mean Street
Submitting as: duboce triangle, ellipsis, agony sauce, moody vermin, spite, yaks

Post by mo »

well, i think the cardinals will have a tougher time when they're not facing a pathetic lineup. given that the cards were the best offensive machine in the NL and the Sox scored 100 more runs, had a higher OBP, SLG, AVG and would have homefield advantage, plus the top three of Schilling, Pedro, and Arroyo against Williams, Marquis and Morris, and you really think the Cardinals have that much better of a chance against the Red Sox? I mean, even granted that the DH inflates AL offensive stats and NL defensive stats relative to each other, i think that's a pretty tough argument. also, st. louis' sparkling 11-1 record against the AL was built on Oakland, Texas, KC, and Seattle. that's almost a cakewalk (especially in the late first half of this year, when Texas was swooning) compared to if they had had to play the AL East.

minor correction to above--it looks like the twins aren't planning on starting lohse anytime soon, which makes the possible twins ALCS rotation silva, santana, radke, silva, santana, radke, silva. although i would think lohse would go in as the fourth starter--that probably depends on how the series is going.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Wha? the cardinals are having a crappy year...

oh wait... yeah right...baseball

*yawn
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

wtf voted no?
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

(There are 2 votes for Mo not being Dreamy at the time of typing this..)

I would guess that one person voted no because he has not come to term with his own dreamy...ness.

I can't say why the other voter is misinformed.

:wink:

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

he is quite dreamy in my oppinion... O_o i don't know how someone could vote no
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Vote #3 was clearly cast by Negamo.
prayformojo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Melodica, Misc. Noisemakers, Etc.
Recording Method: 2 old bean cans and a piece of string
Submitting as: prayformojo, prayformojo and his Good Times Fun Band, The Mojos, etc...

Post by prayformojo »

Scientifically, if a NegaMo and a Mo (or PosaMo, in scientific terms) both cast their votes, wouldn't they cancel eachother out?
White people, is you funky?
mo
Mean Street

Post by mo »

i have not, and will not, vote in this poll.

secondly, were negamo and posimo ever to meet, the universe might collapse in quantum-level chain reaction.

thirdly, the off-days are killing me. need...red sox baseball.....

fourth, astros and braves, game 5? that is a hard one to pick. i will hope for the astros to finally win a postseason series. i just feel bad for the now second-most obese city in the US.

fifth, pats going for 20 in a row next week. should be good stuff.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

HAPPY MO DAY (November 5th) From Dreamy Mo and the Commoners!

http://glenncase.songhole.org/content/s ... %20day.mp3

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

mo wrote:i have not, and will not, vote in this poll.
have you hit up that hooters yet?
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
mo
Mean Street

Post by mo »

no, but a friend of mine did and was amazed that they managed to find so many "hooters-quality" girls in Shanghai. also, the girls there are apparently paid quite a bit better than at most of the equivalent level restaurants. because of their skills. and by skills, i mean the ability to speak english. no, wait....
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

The Dreamy Mo and the Commoners <a href="http://glenncase.songhole.org/mo.html">website</a> has been updated to actually work again. I even made an <a href="http://glenncase.songhole.org/content/s ... p3">UNHOLY MIX</a> of Fluffy's live mp3 from Austin, combined with audio from my videocam.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
mo
Mean Street

Post by mo »

old macdonald had a farm
ee-i-ee-i-o
and on that farm he...
shot some guys

glenn's return to posting in this thread means the return of almost pseudo-threatening-sounding movie quotes.

although i have to say that though my hatred of and for glenn is boundless, the red sox 2004 championship and the yankees 2004 greatest choke ever in team sports is still just a warm fuzzy. my new year's resolution is to hate glenn only as much as i have to, rather than as much as i'd like to.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

Just needed to revive this thread because the timing seemed right for some reason.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Southwest_Statistic
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar, Lead Vocals
Recording Method: Renoise, Melodyne
Submitting as: Southwest Statistic

Post by Southwest_Statistic »

I need some history for this one. Dreamy?
I'm back.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man

Post by GlennCase »

It would appear as though the original dumbrella boards are officially gone now, so I can't just link to the old boards (and the original thread) from here:

EDIT: The story is best explained on this brand new (at the moment) <a href="http://www.myspace.com/dreamymoandthecommoners" target="blank">Myspace account</a>

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Last edited by GlennCase on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.