Organize yourselfs.
drë
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar
Recording Method: protools
Submitting as: Andre was here at Midnight

album a day COLLAB ..August 6-7

Post by drë »

If anyone wants to do collaboration over the web (IM) for an album-a-day, over one of these weekends, let me know, I’ll be up for it. Any music gender, it doesn’t really matter.

Instruments I have:
-keyboard
-harmonica
- Guitars -electric, acoustic, classical, bass
- Violin
- Trumpet

i could use help with lyrics, vocals and drums ...
Last edited by drë on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

I would love to, but I am not entirely sure what my weekends are going to pan out like ... how much notice do you need?

j$
drë
Ice Cream Man

Post by drë »

Either next weekend, or then a weekend in august as am having visit coming over in 2 weeks and there be here till late July. my weekend are usually prety open.
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

if you want, i'll write the lyrics for your album (which means i'll also write the song titles, i guess, which fulfills johnny cashpoint's plan to get song titles from me for an aad).
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
Denyer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Dunlop KT-26
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Post by Denyer »

i can do some lyrics also if jute gets hit by a car or something. or if you really need some vocals i can do that, but not well.
Niveous wrote:It's a song about your dick and there's just not enough material to satisfy.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

I can do vocals and strum-y guitar. And I'm on summer vacation so anytime's good for me if you need/want help :)
Songfighter since back in the day.
drë
Ice Cream Man

Post by drë »

Jesus, this could become a massive collaboration of some sort. Expanding 3 continents. it would have to be next Friday /Saturday /Sunday (8-10) or then a weekend in august.

You are all welcome to contribute; it would be kick ass to have a nice eclectic AAD.
We just have to get the right date and time down.
If we do manage to get 5 or more people into this, I’ll come up with a repository folder (ftp site...) were people log in, and check in/out files (partial songs) their working on.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

the aad rules state that you have to work on the same song at the same time, or only one song at a time or something like that...
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

Yes the idea is that you finish one song before work begins on the next. Not impossible to work with but a little troublesome for transatlantic collabs (time being the thing here - I am 5 hours ahead of you)

I don't think next weekend is any good for me, but the first weekend in August would be sweet. I think.

j$
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

the first weekend of august sounds good to me.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

First week of August sounds good to me too, if you need my help.

And it can always be that the album moves through timezones. Each song can have different timezones represented. You'd just need to pick one specific 24 hours so that everyone can get in on it, I guess.
Songfighter since back in the day.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

what about a relay AAD collaboration? that is, one person starts the ball rolling, spends 24 hours writing songs, etc., then passes it on to the next guy. but the next person only has 12 hours to add, refine, ditch and replace; that would be a neat project for about 4 people (less than 3 hours and there just isn't enough time.)

that failing, what about an AAD swap? write for six hours, pass on what you have, get something new at the same time. six hours later, same thing. or 12 hours or 8 hours. whatever floats your boat.

that failing, you could do a run-against the clock kind of relay collab. where each person only has four hours or something to work on the AAD (probably about enough time to write/record one song and maybe tweak something else elsewhere.)

that failing, you could do a telephone/SFO relay. again, against the clock, but each person adds a song, or a bit of song forcibly built on the previous entry. what can you build in 24 hours? with 4-6 other people all over the world?

njm
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
Egg
Mean Street
Instruments: whistles and egg shakers
Recording Method: Cakewalk, Cubase, Audacity, Garageband
Submitting as: Phunt Your Friends

Post by Egg »

I really like the idea of relay round robin song writing which sounds like what Noah suggested. Where a group of people each get to write for some amount of time and then pass whatever they have to the person next in the circle until it goes full circle. I don't think anybody is necessarily crazy about phunting any more of my songs, but I'm here for collabs if people want it.
glug glug glug egg makes wine. You can make wine too.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

BUMP!

So who is realistically up for this? That's a tough weekend for me (as it transpires) as I will be out Saturday night on a big birthday bash type thing but this may not be so much of a problem as the time difference means I will be at least 5 hours ahead of you anyway ....

Let's fix a kick-off time, and see how it goes. I would suggest, for want of a suggestion, mid-day Saturday (EST) through mid-day Sunday. But this is a moveable feast obviously ...

People can wander in and out of the project as time permits, work on one song, work on all, whatever suits their schedule. The best thing would be to use IRC as a check-in point - if those of us with permenant internet access (my good self included) squat in IRC the whole weekend then we can keep people informed as to where we are at, what is needed etc

So who's up for this, or not? All welcome, in some to-be-sorted capacity.

j$
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

i'd say yes, except mid-day that saturday i will be at my sister's wedding. for the remainder of the 24 hour period i will most likely be too drunk to even find my house. such a shame.
drë
Ice Cream Man

Post by drë »

Shit, now apparently i will be leaving for Boston that Saturday the 6th, for a week of hiking in New Hampshire, and then songfight live.
So I can't do it the first weekend of august.
J$ if you get enough people to join in that Saturday feel free go ahead and do it.
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

We'll see how it goes. I am hoping to be doing a collaborative AAD ealier in the week so I may be burnt out ... but if people are up for it I will organise. And if not well, nevermind
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Did this happen?

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
drë
Ice Cream Man

Post by drë »

ken wrote:Did this happen?
Ken
am not sure if J$ has done anything with in the last couple of weeks regarding this... but am still up for an AAD collab..
j$
Beat It

Post by j$ »

No it didn´t, due mainly to a two week absence (holiday) from which I return this weekend ... I am still up for this - and as it happens this weekend is a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK so I can do something friday, saturday or sunday, if anyone is available.

PM me or somesuh if you´re interested. If not I´ll just do one myself.

j$
drë
Ice Cream Man

Post by drë »

cool, i could definitely do an aad this weekend. probably won’t be able to start till late Saturday afternoon...but I’ll be available if you anything goes down.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

possibly, possibly. keep me informed.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas