Song Fight MN

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Song Fight MN

Post by Fried »

If there is enough interest, I will organize this. I have a full PA, lights, Drums, amps (2 or 3 guitar and 1 bass). Access to a local Bar (See my web site for gig pictures) or a coffee house with a full stage for live bands(no alcohol but under 21 ok). All I need are enough names to make this happen. JB said he was tired of hearing about talk of a SF MN. Lets make it happen. I can not offer any more than I have.
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
http://www.friedband.com
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone, Triangle
Recording Method: "The Golden Age of Cakewalk"
Submitting as: Bolio
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Bolio »

I would obviously be totaly into this. C'mon all you Midwest Songfighters! Bask in Dirk's Hospitality!
I may not know karate, but I know KA-RAZY! -James Brown |Bolio on SoundCloud
Nau,D
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Nau,D »

Count me in. No alcohol! Count me out. Just kidding, I have a band that would love to play at this event. I'm thinking Abom and the Hell Yeahs could find a sitter for the night. Heck, maybe phil will even let me play in one of his bands. The tunes cant be that hard. I think I have a cooler available in a van out in the parking lot for all my beer needs at this gig.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

I would prefer to play at the Bar. I have a first Friday gig there every month. (not as cool as five corners, but a better night :)) I will ask the owner about us doing a Saturday.
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

There is definitely a lack of enthusiasm for SF MN. If all else fails... We can how a Song Skirmish (Combined Gig) and we can all bow our heads to SF's aura. Who all is from this area anyway? We have Bolio’s Traveling Show, Dylan and the Nauettes, Fried idiots, SaxBoyRunning and The Abom Yeahs. Is that it? Is that the entirety of Midwestern music scene for SF? I figure we can do this in February. This may be enough time to let the seed grow and/or fester. I hope so. Time to hang up the poser outfits and let the 300 watt bulbs give you a sun tan.

P.S.
Did I mention that they serve hard liquor? Heh.
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

well there are more midwestern SFers, a couple from michigan (southwest statistic and friends, i believe) and dan the apathetic is in indiana, jute gyte in missouri, and there are about a dozen or so from ohio, but i'm not sure how many of these people (besides "the landfills" who seem to be world-class songfight travellers) would be willing or able to go to minnesota.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

tviyh wrote:........(besides "the landfills" who seem to be world-class songfight travellers)
i'd argue that with perhaps only the exception of Ken, the Landfills are the most deserving of a Songfight! tour t-shirt with dates and venues on the back.

although it's really the evan show, i guess you can't really call it the landfill, can you?
Hi!
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

O.K. JB, You should start a thread called "I told you so." SF MN offer is recinded due to lack of interest. Dylan you are welcome to come play in St. Paul anytime (First Friday of every month) :o Bolio, you are welcome to sit in anytime, just let me know. :lol: For the rest, I guess home studios are enough or the travel is too much. That's cool. CYA in the fights :)
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Plat
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: teeth and other bones
Recording Method: cubase, native instruments, waves, izotope, ears
Submitting as: The Cow Exchange, Eat It 'n' Mattress

Post by Plat »

As a Wisconsinite, you can count me ("The Cow Exchange") in.

That said, I've been doing mostly studio stuff lately, and I'm only one guy, so I'll need some help understanding the "hows" of live performance.

Edit: ack, guess I should've read the full thread before commenting. But you can still count me in, if it helps anything. Hope a midwest event happens sometime.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

Plat wrote:As a Wisconsinite, you can count me ("The Cow Exchange") in.

That said, I've been doing mostly studio stuff lately, and I'm only one guy, so I'll need some help understanding the "hows" of live performance.

Edit: ack, guess I should've read the full thread before commenting. But you can still count me in, if it helps anything. Hope a midwest event happens sometime.
I would revive this offer if there were interest. I was just disapointed in the lack of "I'm IN!" in the thread. And if you are near the Twin Cities, I would always welcome you to use my band. :)
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Bolio
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Saxophone, Triangle
Recording Method: "The Golden Age of Cakewalk"
Submitting as: Bolio
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Bolio »

Fried wrote:"I told you so."
Hey - Don't give up yet. Make one of your Friday nights 'Songfight Night' & if 2 people show up, so be it. We still had our 'Midwest Songfight', tried our best, & no one can say we didn't have one. A few people were interested, give it another month... maybe your first Friday in February.
I may not know karate, but I know KA-RAZY! -James Brown |Bolio on SoundCloud
Mostess
Panama
Instruments: Vocal, guitar, keyboard, clarinet
Recording Method: Ardour 5, JACK, Ubuntu
Submitting as: Hostess Mostess
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Mostess »

Fried wrote: I would revive this offer if there were interest. I was just disapointed in the lack of "I'm IN!" in the thread.
Hostess Mostess is interested. (I just found this thread today). Depending on the date, of course. We're a mere 5 hours away.
"We don’t write songs about our own largely dull lives. We mostly rely on the time-tested gimmick of making shit up."
-John Linnell
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

Mostess wrote:
Fried wrote: I would revive this offer if there were interest. I was just disapointed in the lack of "I'm IN!" in the thread.
Hostess Mostess is interested. (I just found this thread today). Depending on the date, of course. We're a mere 5 hours away.
It looks like we have a SF! I am totaly pumped!
So that is ...
Bolio
Dylan Nau
Mostess
The Cow Exchange
Fried

That is definatley enough to haul all the shit for a gig! Now the Friday/Saturday we can agree on!
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
adjuster
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Jeskola Buzz
Recording Method: OH, GOD, THE PAIN!
Submitting as: The Landfills

Nutrition and dirt...

Post by adjuster »

Okay-- *where* in Minnesota?

Ohh-- just found a reference to the "Twin Cities" in the thread... Hmm... a possibility.
"A person who is born with extraordinary natural talents, or who is extremely lucky, deserves nothing on the basis of these characteristics." - Edwin C. Hettinger
--
The Attitude Adjuster, Arugably the remaining half of "The Landfills"
Phil. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: guitars
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Abominominous, The Hell Yeahs, Spy Vs. Pie

Post by Phil. Redmon. »

Oh, me me ME!

I wanna do it too, Dirk!

Give me a hand with my poser suit, willya?

Chef-boy-o-boy-o-fucking-ar-dee-har-har!

Date, Time & Spot?

Let me know, I'll be working on my rider.

Sincerely,
Redmon
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

Phil. Redmon. wrote:Oh, me me ME!
I wanna do it too, Dirk!
Give me a hand with my poser suit, willya?
Chef-boy-o-boy-o-fucking-ar-dee-har-har!
Date, Time & Spot?
Let me know, I'll be working on my rider.
Sincerely,
Redmon
Very excellent! errr.. the poser comment was meant as a joke. But I don't care what gets you there. This will be an excellent SF with you in it! That is if you can find St. Paul at night, heh.

I will talk to the owner tonight about available times. Do we want Fri and Sat or just Sat? February be soon enough/ too soon?
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Plat
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Plat »

Fried wrote:February be soon enough/ too soon?
February seems soon to me, but that's because I'm paranoid and want to practice up (I needs mo' skillz). Even if it gives me another month. :) But if everyone else wants Feb, I can't argue.

Friday/Saturday doesn't matter to me.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

The Venue is a GO! I talked to the owner and he likes the whole concept. He prefers Saturday night on the first or third weekend of the month. What would work best for me is the first of any month. That way I could leave my equiptment there from our standard gig. We could also be flexible and share our Friday Night Gig for more practice. I can do any weekend. I am totally pumped, we have some serious talent signed on for this! Thanks all. Lets make a decision on a date!!! Feburary 5th or 19th? March 4th or 18th?
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Nau,D
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Nau,D »

Im for March 18th. I think my band could come do a few numbers.
Phil. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: guitars
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Abominominous, The Hell Yeahs, Spy Vs. Pie

Post by Phil. Redmon. »

Somebody in my house is in.

18th sounds fine.
Fried
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Fried »

The 18th works for me!
I'm Fried BIOTCH!
Plat
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Plat »

March 18th is good for me too. Happy birthday to me!