8-6-09 (The Birthday Question)

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

8-6-09 (The Birthday Question)

Post by nyjm »

Not to toot my own horn, but it's my birthday! Tonight my wife is making me salmon patties with cheese and Yuengling. Mmmm.... good beer... Later this weekend, I'm having some folks over for Munchkin and Rock Band (because I have a Wii and I'm gonna use it, dammit!) :-)

So, question of the day: What do you have planned for your next birthday? And/or: what did you do for your last one?
Last edited by nyjm on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Re: 8-6-09 (The Birthday Question)

Post by jimtyrrell »

Happy birthday! Munchkin and Rock Band is a party I want to attend.

QotD: My 40th birthday was pretty low-key. It was a good day, and that was enough.
ujnhunter
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, Crummy Guitar & Animal Noises (especially Donkeys)
Recording Method: Reaper 5.9x, Tascam FireOne/Behringer UMC202HD/Avid Eleven Rack/Line 6 UX2, Win 7 PC / Win 10 Laptop
Submitting as: Cock, Chth*.*, D.A.H. (Der Alter Hahn)
Pronouns: His Infernal Majesty

Post by ujnhunter »

Happy Birthday. Have fun playing!

QotD: I was at a low point last year on my Birthday so unfortunately I think I was doing lots of drugs and drinking lots of alcohol... This year I am at a much better place... so I won't be doing anything bad. :) I might have a few beers however. I'll be 29 next Saturday. Getting old. Hah! People older than me, forgive me. But I don't have any plans.
-Ujn Hunter
Photovoltaik - Free 6 Track EP - Song Fight! Liner Notes
Billy's Little Trip wrote:I must have this....in my mouth.....now.
Mantzfield
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Keys
Recording Method: Sonar
Submitting as: Mantzfield, Rapehorn

Post by Mantzfield »

happy birthday to you!
I can't really remember what I done for my birhtday this year... I'm guna assume the usual 'drink and go out'. And i shall continue the assumption and guess thats what'll be happening next year!
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

drc: My submission has been formally accepted into the Cartoon Art Museum's webcomics exhibition! My stuff will be in a MUSEUM from August 8 thru December 6! Holy cow!

qotd: My next birthday isn't until June 14. I never plan in advance. Coincidentally, my last birthday was also on June 14, on which I had a small party at my place, and the next day I went to see Up with some friends.
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Yesterday was my wife's birthday too, so happy day! We were all pretty tired, so it was order-in and sleep early with our older son. The younger one was at a sleep over in the woods somewhere. Always nice to have a night with one kid, different dynamics.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
nyjm
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, synth, various MIDI instruments
Recording Method: Reaper, Line 6 POD, GLS Audio 57 and 58
Submitting as: noah mclaughlin, Ford's Theater Disaster, Juliet's Happy Dagger

Post by nyjm »

fluffy wrote:drc: My submission has been formally accepted into the Cartoon Art Museum's webcomics exhibition! My stuff will be in a MUSEUM from August 8 thru December 6! Holy cow!
That's awesome! Congratulations!

And Roymond, pass a belated "Happy Birthday" to your wife for me. Us August kids gotta stick together... :)
"You sound like the ghost of David Bowie." - SchlimminyCricket | it was a pleasure to burn | my website | Juliet's Happy Dagger
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

This weekend is tax-free shopping in Tennessee :D Lots of sales, mmm.

I start Belmont(for Entertainment Industry Studies) in 2 weeks, and I am ridiculously excited. I'll be surrounded by musical people!

And, I think, we're setting up the studio at my parents' house(fiiiinally), so perhaps I'll record a little something something for songfight soon :)

QotD: My birthday this year was awesome. Went shopping with friends, dinner with then-boyfriend, then hanging out with friends(my birthday's on valentines day, so most of my friends did the coupley dinner thing, then we all hung out after). Great birthday. Who knows about next year. I'll be turning 20(ahhhhhhhhhh!), so it's not exactly an important one.
Songfighter since back in the day.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

happy birthday. yes, i have not logged onto songfight for 9 days or something.
my most recent birthday in march was celebrated with a bunch of friends over at my house and the tasting of many different types of wine, very nice. also, my server playing random selections of 1608 of my favorite songs.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas